PDA

View Full Version : What do you wear to go shopping

Perdita
30-01-2010, 16:48
Tesco has been criticised for banning shoppers in pyjamas in light of an advert for the supermarket which features Martin Clunes in his jim jams.

The Men Behaving Badly star was shown in the 2007 TV commercial running into the store for some milk, clad only in his nightwear.

A shopper told The Sun: "Why is it OK for posh Mr Clunes, but not for normal people like us?"

Tesco spokesman David Nieberg said that the irony was not missed, however he added that the commercial was not meant to reflect reality.

"Another ad shows a shopper getting picked up in a hot air balloon - and we do not provide parking facilities for balloons," he said.

This got me thinking... I have never been shopping in my nightwear but have seen others in their PJs getting their breakfast things. What about YOU?

Abigail
30-01-2010, 18:17
I personally haven't but I have been to the shop with someone in their nightie and I've also seen a car load of students in their pjs going.

Katy
30-01-2010, 19:11
ive been to tesco in my pijamas, it was three in the morning and i did fancy getting changed, the people are spending money so i dont know what the big deal is.

Perdita
30-01-2010, 19:30
In the summer time, I can appreciate it, but I saw somebody at Christmas time, it was freezing and the lady looked as if she was very cold. But I could never do it, got to shower and put a little make-up on before facing other people and after having a shower, I am not putting my pj's back on

Tori
30-01-2010, 22:20
I wouldn't... I just put on some jeans and a hoodie and go, I don't like being in public in my jimmies... plus I'd probably bump into someone I didn't want to!

Chloe O'brien
31-01-2010, 00:10
I wouldn't do it but there is a shopping centre about half a mile away from were I live and the week before Christmas we saw some young girls walking around the shopping centre in their nightwear and this was at lunch-time.

parkerman
31-01-2010, 13:03
I don't think I'd go in my nightwear...but there's a very good reason for that, which I'll leave to your imaginations!

Though I should add it would be best if you didn't imagine it for too long!!!

Perdita
31-01-2010, 13:17
:d

Perdita
31-01-2010, 13:19
:D I have got quite a wild imagination lol

StarsOfCCTV
31-01-2010, 16:54
Since Sainsbury's is a 10 minute trek away....can't say I'd ever walk down there in my pyjamas. :lol:

Chloe O'brien
01-02-2010, 00:30
I don't think I'd go in my nightwear...but there's a very good reason for that, which I'll leave to your imaginations!

Though I should add it would be best if you didn't imagine it for too long!!!

Oh my word there's always one who has to take the conversation to gutter level. :D

Siobhan
01-02-2010, 10:23
Over here, especially in a lot of working class areas they wear their jim jams all the time... they even get out of bed and change into jim jams to got shopping, it is disgrace full... I would never go out in my jim jams (unless I am putting out the bin first thing in the morning). I once seen a girl in a hospital gown and a drip, just after having a baby running into the shop beside the hospital to get smokes... it takes all sorts

Abbie
22-02-2010, 14:21
I just wear my normal clothes for the day :D since tesco is in town :p