PDA

View Full Version : parents who don't know how to say no.

chance
09-06-2005, 12:03
Would you reward your 16 year old son for passing his gcse's by paying for him a trip to go to amsterdam to visit a prostitute?This is what coleen nolan,former singer with the nolans and shane ritchies ex wife says she intends to do with her son shane jnr.coleen sweetly points out that if she didnt let him go with her blessing then he would do it anyway.
Does this arguement sound familier? yes,its precisely the one used by julie williams,mother of the three single parent teenage daughters,for letting her 11 year old have sex under her roof.

dddMac1
09-06-2005, 12:09
if i ever have kids i would never let my 16 year old son do that so shane has the right to be Angry.yea i heard that thats the story of the three sisters who gave birth within months of each other really Irrisponsible of their mother

Trinity
09-06-2005, 12:12
I have an 11 year old son - he is still a young child! I think that Julie Williams was not only foolish, what she was doing is tandermount to child abuse.

Treacle
09-06-2005, 13:03
I think this is disgraceful :)

Jojo
09-06-2005, 13:32
I thought it was statutory rape if you were under 12 (didn't it say that on The Bill in an episode not long back??) I agree with you Trinity, its nothing short of abuse. My eldest is 11 and we have had the birds and bees chats etc, and I have told him, if he even considers sex before 16 (or at least a decent age) I will kick him up the behind. As the mother knew about the sex, why on earth didn't she ensure her daughter was using contraception?? Once you could say was a mistake, but all 3 daughers..... I fell pregnant at 17 with my eldest, and whilst I wouldn't change a thing, it's something I wouldn't recommend to anyone. And if my son makes me a granny at 34 there will be severe penalties and trouble for him!!!!

dddMac1
09-06-2005, 13:58
if their mother had gave them sex education this would not of happned instead of just blaming the school

Trinity
09-06-2005, 14:22
How she could blame the school when it was going on with her knowledge and consent beggers believe. She should take responsibility for her own actions and stop blaming others!

Treacle
09-06-2005, 14:28
It's Shane Richie btw I just love to correct people who call him Ritchie. It's something I always do.

stacyefc
09-06-2005, 15:38
i can't beleive that woman had the cheek to blame the government imean all 3 of her kids were pregnant so that has to be down to her. am 18 and my sisters are 16 and 15 if all 3 of us were pregnant then i think my mum would be to blame.

Katy
09-06-2005, 15:48
it was in the MEN (manchester evening news) that collen nolan has denied ever saying that and it is not true.

Treacle
09-06-2005, 15:52
She said it on Loose Women so how she can deny it, I don't know.

dddMac1
09-06-2005, 15:55
it must be costing the Taxpayers a lot of money

Treacle
09-06-2005, 16:21
Exactly :D

Debs
09-06-2005, 17:11
i think it is awful i would never pay for connor to visit a prostitute! i got closer amg this week and she in that trying to explain herself but she actually made it worse!! she says she is even giving her fiancee her blessing to sllep with aprostitute!! well im sorry but dave would never get my blessing!

as for that awful woman with the 3 daughters!! it is her fault that he daughters got pregnant so young. again connor will not be allowed girls to stay over until he is at least 18!!!

Jojo
10-06-2005, 10:02
I didn't hear the stuff that she said, but who in their right mind would pay for and give their blessing to their son, and be ok with their partner doing that. What is the difference between your partner cheating on you with someone they met in a pub/club and going to a prostitute. If you happy for your partner to do that, there can't be that much love and respect for each other going on. My hubby is extremely frustrated at the mo, but if he cheated or went to a prostitute, he would be out the door, pregnant with his 3rd child or not!!! What happened to saving yourself for when it felt right (I'm not righteous so it doesn't have to be with the person that you are going love, marry etc!!), but respect for yourself is to say hang on till you are ready surely......

Trinity
10-06-2005, 16:33
I agree. Plus what does it say for her SELFrespect?