PDA

View Full Version : Alexandra Burke - The Silence

Perdita
27-01-2010, 11:57
Alexandra Burke will reportedly release 'The Silence' as her next single.

The ballad, which is taken from her chart-topping debut album Overcome, has been added to the post-March release schedule.

Speaking to DS recently, Burke said that she hoped the track would become a single.

"Obviously I put my opinions out there, but I leave it to those who know best and Simon [Cowell] has the final say," she said.

"I'd love to release the majority of my songs as singles - I have like eight in my head - but I doubt very much that's going to happen!"

The 21-year-old reached number one with first two singles 'Hallelujah' and 'Bad Boys'. New record 'Broken Heels' is currently at eight in the Top 40.

Burke is scheduled to release a remastered version of Overcome in the US later this year.

I like that one :thumbsup:

Bryan
27-01-2010, 20:00
'nothing but the girl' needs to be released!

sindydoll
27-01-2010, 21:57
god she hasnt relesed broken heals yet as she

Chris_2k11
28-01-2010, 23:25
god she hasnt relesed broken heals yet as sheyeah, it got to #8

tammyy2j
22-03-2010, 15:06
Was this released?

tammyy2j
25-10-2010, 21:07
Alexandra Burke has confirmed that her next single will be a "new version" of 'The Silence'.

The RedOne-produced ballad's release follows number one track 'Start Without You', also worked on by the Moroccan-Swedish hitmaker.

"Some of you might be surprised at my choice of next single and some of you guys will hopefully be really happy," she wrote on Twitter. "I know I'm happy."

The singer recently told fans that she was excited about releasing the song.

Burke tweeted RedOne: "The new version of the silence will soon be out there!! It's time for a ballad baby!! (sic)"

A deluxe edition of the X Factor winner's debut album Overcome will reportedly be released on December 6.

no1abbafan
26-10-2010, 12:59
Don't know what it is but I can't stand the girl - ok singer but such a wannabe. She will prob be on the X Factor miming this in the next few weeks

lizann
27-10-2010, 17:04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3qAYsnCMCA&feature=player_embedded

tammyy2j
02-11-2010, 12:29
Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6A-DEBfwDk&ob=av2n

Chris_2k11
02-11-2010, 12:51
This is a very good ballad. Her album's grown on me loads these past couple of months, especially 'Broken Heels' which I never really took much notice of when it was first released but now love. I'll definitely be getting the deluxe edition.