PDA

View Full Version : Rock & Chips [Only Fools & Horses prequel]

Lennie
24-01-2010, 18:52
http://i49.tinypic.com/qplc9d.jpg

Rock & Chips is an upcoming British comedy-drama and a prequel to the situation comedy Only Fools and Horses. It is the second spin-off from the original series, after The Green Green Grass. The sitcom story will focus on the lives of local villain Freddie Robdal, Joan and Reg Trotter and their teenage son Del Boy in the 1960s. The pilot will be ninety minutes in duration and will air on BBC One on 24 January 2010, It is being produced by both Shazam Productions and the BBC.

"Rock & Chips"Pilot (2010)
Set in the 1960s, Joan Trotter is in an unhappy marriage with the work-shy Reg, with whom she has a teenage son, Derek ("Del Boy"). However, the reappearance in Peckham of bank robber, "art connoisseur" and womaniser Freddie Robdal, recently released after a ten year prison sentence, will bring about changes in Joan's life. Rock & Chips will centre on the relationships between the glamorous Joan Trotter, Del's useless father Reg, the safe-cracker Freddie Robdal and the young Del Boy. It will also feature teenage incarnations of some of the original show's regular characters, including Boycie, Trigger, Denzil, and Jumbo Mills. The Trotter family haven't yet moved into their flat in Nelson Mandela House, but there'll be some recognisable settings such as the mean streets of Peckham and the Nag's Head circa 1960.

ROCK & CHIPS BBC 1 Site

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00qgrc7

Meh
24-01-2010, 23:19
Did this air tonight?

Lennie
25-01-2010, 01:15
^ yes

I really enjoyed this, and we got to see more of Joan - i thought the actress did great, and looked the part, you can see how proud Del is of his mum and what made Freddie the Frog fall for her lol

CrazyLea
25-01-2010, 01:28
Aw I didn't even know about it to be honest. Sounds good though. Reckon it will be repeated on BBC3 or something? I can't use BBC iPlayer :(.

Perdita
25-01-2010, 05:55
OH wanted to watch something different and I can't use iplayer :(

Lennie
25-01-2010, 19:03
I think its gong to be repeated on Sat at 1:15am

Perdita
25-01-2010, 19:10
I think its gong to be repeated on Sat at 1:15am

That early in the morning :eek: I will be dreamland by then

CrazyLea
25-01-2010, 20:44
I'll be up :D. Perfect time for me to watch something ha.
Tape it Perdy??? !

Chris_2k11
25-01-2010, 21:37
Just watchin now on catch up :thumbsup:

Chris_2k11
25-01-2010, 21:59
Is that the girl out of waterloo road in it?

Perdita
22-11-2010, 12:18
Rock & Chips – Five Gold Rings
BBC ONE

Christmas 2010 Season

Celebrate Christmas with the Trotters as South London's most famous family return for a seasonal helping of Rock & Chips in this hour-long comedy drama special from the pen of John Sullivan.

Starring Nicholas Lyndhurst as Freddie, Kellie Bright as Joan and James Buckley as Del, Rock & Chips picks up the Trotter story after the birth of baby Rodney in 1960 and follows the fortunes of the family as Del progresses to manhood. Phil Daniels returns as Grandad, Shaun Dingwall is back as work-shy Reg Trotter, Robert Daws reprises his role as Joan Trotter's sleazy manager and there are some new faces including Paula Wilcox as Reg's mother, Violet, Mel Smith as Freddie's nemesis, DI Thomas, and Kacey Ainsworth as Del's prospective mother-in-law.

"I'm delighted that Del's winkle-pickers and bomber jacket are back for a Christmas special on BBC One," says John Sullivan. "The first Rock & Chips was a great popular success for the channel and there are plenty more twists and turns in the Trotter family history for us to explore before we're finished."

It's Christmas 1960 and the Trotters are settling into their new flat in Sir Walter Raleigh House, Peckham. Rodney is a babe in arms, Reg is still drawing the dole and hard-working Joan is struggling to keep the family afloat after losing her jobs at the town hall and the cinema. A 16-year-old Del has left school and is exploring employment opportunities around the docks – including a nice line in selling 45s straight off the back of a boat from America – and Freddie Robdal has been temporarily detained in Wormwood Scrubs at Her Majesty's pleasure.

Joan's fortunes start to look up when she gets her old job back as the ice-cream girl at the local cinema. Freddie is released on bail but will a chance meeting with Joan rekindle dangerous old passions? And will Freddie be able to stay out of prison long enough to get to know baby Rodney?

Meanwhile Del, who has been advised that slipping an engagement ring on a girl's finger can open up a whole new world of lustful opportunity, has managed to get himself engaged to half of Peckham. But will any of his engagements lead to a trip up the aisle