PDA

View Full Version : Natalie Cassidy bemoans lesbian storyline

Perdita
19-01-2010, 18:54
EastEnders actress Natalie Cassidy has revealed why she originally left the soap in 2006.

The 26-year-old, who will reprise her role as Sonia Jackson for a one-off appearance in February alongside her on-screen family, said that she found the lesbian storyline between Sonia and Naomi as "shocking".

She told Reveal: "One of the reasons I left was because of the lesbian storyline I had. I felt that is wasn't right for Sonia - sometimes in soaps people are so keen to get a shocking story that the character gets forgotten."

She continued: "I'd only do it if I had an exciting storyline. I'd hate to go back and dwindle in the background - I'd like Sonia to cause a stir!"

The actress, who appeared on last year's Strictly Come Dancing, also shed light on her return to the EastEnders studios.

"Being on set was lovely. I spent 13 years of my life there so it was weird to get used to changes, but it felt like putting a pair of old slipper back on."

I thought the Jackson clan were back for good? Although it might mean that she has not split from Martin if she is not back permanently, as he has never been mentioned as coming back too. I would like that

JustJodi
19-01-2010, 20:52
Didn't Bianca get a text from Sonia and Martin,, saying they would be at the wedding ????????????????

PILKY
19-01-2010, 20:53
i thought that to

Perdita
19-01-2010, 20:56
Didn't Bianca get a text from Sonia and Martin,, saying they would be at the wedding ????????????????

I don't think Martin was mentioned, because I was thinking why is he not coming

JustJodi
19-01-2010, 21:00
I am just saying what i read on the SUBTITLES ,, didn't hear it :-)

Perdita
19-01-2010, 21:13
Sorry, Jodi, did not read who the post was from. Maybe I heard wrong because I am quite hard of hearing myself

Dazzle
20-01-2010, 14:48
My understanding was that only Carol Jackson is back permanently.

GwennieS
20-01-2010, 15:03
I thought the entire Jackson clan including Sonia, Robbie and the little brother were back for good as well. So it's just a one-off for the wedding, hurrayyyyyyyyyyyyyy !!!!!!!!!!!!

tammyy2j
20-01-2010, 15:05
They are back for the wedding only i think

I hated Sonia as a character after she hooked up with Martin ( i mean he killed the love of her life Jamie)

sindydoll
24-01-2010, 10:20
i thought the jacksons were back for good too

Abigail
24-01-2010, 23:35

Yes, Bianca said both Sonia and Martin would be attending.

I wish these "famous" people wouldn't bite the hand that feeds, it just makes them look sad and bitter