PDA

View Full Version : Justin Bieber

Perdita
15-01-2010, 08:21
He's sold a million albums across the pond since November, his wholesome good looks could give Zac Efron a complex - or at least a hefty dermatologist's bill - and he's still young enough to ride the bus for free. Who are we bigging up? Why, Canadian teen-pop star Justin Bieber, of course! As he prepares to expose the tonsils of teenage girls all over Britain, we decided to get to know this Bieber chap better.

Your single 'One Time' is currently battling for a spot in the UK top ten. Are you pleased with how it's doing over here?
"Yeah, it's going really nice! 'One Time' is basically about being in a typical teen relationship so it's a song everyone can relate to. You know when you're younger and you thought it was love, but then later on you realise it was just puppy love? That's what the song's about."

Is it a good representation of your album?
"I think so, though the album has a few different elements to it. But I said from the beginning I wanted to make a pop-R&B album, not just a pure pop album, and that's definitely what My World is."

Usher served as the album's executive producer. How did that come about?
"Well, I got my manager after he saw my videos on YouTube, he showed them to Usher, and then Usher showed them to (Island C.E.O.) L.A. Reid, who liked them and decided to sign me. Usher stayed pretty hands-on when I was making the album. He wasn't always with me in the studio because he was working on his own stuff at the time, but he definitely had a lot of input."

My World (Part II) is due in March. What can we expect from it?
"It's going to be seven completely new songs. I'm actually going back in the studio next week to finish it off. I'm working with Tricky and The Dream and Midi Mafia, like I did on My World, but My World (Part II) is coming out a little older-sounding. The first two singles are called 'Baby' and 'Never Let Me Go' but I can't tell you any more than that at the moment!"

'Baby' comes out in the US on Monday. What chart position are you aiming for?
"Oh, number one! I've had some top tens and top 20s already but I'm definitely aiming for number one this time. 'Baby' is another great song everyone can relate to - I'm basically saying I really like this girl and would do anything to make her my girlfriend."

On a lighter note, I read on your Twitter page that you're not very impressed with how we're coping with the snow.
"Definitely not! You guys are acting like it's the end of the world - everything's cancelled and the subway's not working - but in Canada this is, like, the least amount of snow we get. We have to have at least 10' of snow to get a day off school."

What advice would you give us?
"Hmm... let me think... well, for a start you guys aren't wearing the right sort of clothes. You need to wear hats, scarves, mitts... and long johns! I always wear long johns when it's cold. I know they're not cool but I'd rather be warm than cold."

Finally, if you could record a duet with anyone, who would you choose?
"Beyoncé... because she's just so hot. My favourite Beyoncé song is probably 'Irreplaceable', but my favourite Beyoncé video is definitely 'Single Ladies'!"

Have you ever met her?
"Yeah, I got to meet her at the VMAs back in October. She was very nice, very beautiful and very bootylicious. She's even hotter in person actually."

Was Jay-Z there to stop you flirting?
"He was, but I got to flirt with her a little bit anyway. I don't remember exactly what I said in the heat of the moment, but I remember she definitely flirted back!"

'One Time' by Justin Bieber is out now. The album My World follows on Monday.

Saw him on GMTV, I am sure we will hear more of him. The teenis will love him :wub:

lizann
15-01-2010, 10:12
I thought he was girl when i first saw him

Chloe O'brien
17-01-2010, 01:52
I thought he was girl when i first saw him

Neither do I Lizann but I am getting all the gossip about him from Marley.