PDA

View Full Version : Grant Mitchell (Ross Kemp)

twinkle_eyes83
25-02-2005, 22:19
grant mitchell has been offerd 1 million pound to come back to ee and he might just be persuaded to come back. so with the stage set for grants possable return to the square what stoylines could he return to

Huch'net
22-05-2005, 00:44
EXCLUSIVE: Ross Kemp is returning to EastEnders

I had to come back to stop Babs nagging

SORTED! TV's No1 soap villain Ross Kemp was finally lured back to EastEnders— after a good talking-to by screen mum Barbara Windsor.

And the sensational deal he struck will see him working for both BBC AND ITV.

In an exclusive interview with the News of the World, Ross, 40, revealed how he was cajoled by screen mum Babs into returning as hardman Grant Mitchell after six years away.

"She must have asked 50 times," he said. "In fact she nagged so much I told her I'd say yes if she STOPPED asking!

"Now I've finally agreed, I'm looking forward to it."

Tough-guy Grant will hit BBC1's ailing soap—and return from exile in Rio —this autumn in an explosive one-off plotline. At the same time Ross carries on starring in ITV1 hit Ultimate Force.

Speaking for the first time about his long-awaited comeback, Ross confessed how he:

VOTED for rival Coronation Street as Soap of the Year,

ACCEPTS his legendary character may have to be killed off as a ratings booster,

RECKONS the Beeb should cut one episode a week and rehire Mike Reid to reverse flagging fortunes, and

PLANS to direct a new BBC series and star in yet another developed specially for him.

With the ink just dry on his new contract, Ross also revealed that as well as the brief return to our screens later this year he has the option to star for a further four months.

And he only signed after months of talks, the arm-twisting by "mum" Barbara and persuasive arguments from chief scriptwriter Tony Jordan and BBC drama boss John Yorke.

Ross recalled how the conspiracy to get him back on board started in January. He was filming new comedy show Extras with Ricky Gervais when Tony Jordan called to ask him out for a drink.

"We've been mates for years and went to a pub near Elstree where EastEnders is filmed," said Ross. "He'd asked me about returning a few times before but this time he was really serious. My first reaction was to say no because I'd no time to do it—I still had lots of work and was very happy with ITV.

"Then with the other Mitchells coming back—Babs as Peggy and Steve McFadden as brother Phil—it made me think long and hard."

Ross then met with Yorke, who offered the fabulous package—including star role in a new drama, the chance to direct AND freedom to pursue other shows with rival channels.

"I realised it was an amazing opportunity," admitted Ross, who also fronts a documentary on real-life gangs for Sky One next month. "This means I can have a profile on ITV and the BBC.

Lucky

"It's a fantastic position to be in and I feel really lucky."

Delighted, he added: "It's great to come back now because I don't really need to. The money is good but I'm not doing it for that. I'm coming back because it'll be fun—and the opportunity to do other BBC projects is one of my main motivations.

"It'll be great to do something different in TV and directing is a real challenge.

"I'm also really excited about starring in another project. There are three formats currently in development and I've been guaranteed that one of those will definitely come off. I'm hoping it'll be a detective show."

Ross will film his Walford return during a two-week break in shooting Ultimate Force in August. He expects to return to Albert Square with a bang some time between autumn and Christmas, after Phil and Peggy arrive back.

Details of the storyline are still being thrashed out. But the Beeb are banking on the homecoming of the Mitchell clan to help turn the show around after a disastrous year.

While critics slammed poor plots, it was overtaken in the ratings by ITV1 drama Emmerdale.

But although Ross hopes his return— hailed last night as "great news" by co-star Babs—will get millions of runaway fans tuning in again, he says he doesn't feel under pressure.

"If the ratings don't rise I'll be disappointed," he confessed. "But the writing is the most important thing.

"The show needs good plots and characters. But I'm not the star of the show. It's the show itself that's the real star." And, after six years of playing a soldier in Ultimate Force and a copper in Without Motive during his £1.5million golden handcuffs deal with ITV, he admits to being worried about being Grant Mitchell again.

"I really hope I can do it," he said, recalling favourite scenes from the past, above. "I'll have to watch a load of old episodes to get back into his head.

"Grant wasn't totally dissimilar to me but he might have changed. A big part of me hopes he's the same screwed-up man he always was."

Last night co-star Steve McFadden told us: "It's great to have the old team back together again."

And Ross added: "One thing's certain, it will be an interesting comeback as there are so many characters, new and old, that Grant can clash with.

"But the hours will be tough. I never really missed the relentlessness of being in a soap and having to film so quickly. At the moment I'm totally spoilt. I'm driven to work, I have my own trailer and we shoot maybe 12 pages of scripts a day. At EastEnders they shoot at least 20 pages a day. People say it's easy working in a soap, but it's not." And once he is back on the Square there's one thing Ross won't miss—being asked when Grant's coming back.

"I get it all the time," he grinned. "I can't even get into a cab without the driver wanting to know."

After his August stint Ross will be busy on other work. "But if the bosses want me I could start again in January for another four months," he said. At this stage no one knows what will happen but I think they might want me to. It wouldn't bother me if they killed off Grant during my return though, especially if it was a great plot. Anyway, EastEnders has proved that getting bumped off doesn't mean anything.

"You can still come back. Just look at Dirty Den."

Although Den's return from the dead helped pull more viewers at first, the show was thrown into chaos when actor Leslie Grantham was exposed in an internet sex scandal.

It all added to EastEnders' woes. Even loyal Ross thought the show had hit a low with dull plots and boring characters like the Ferreira family.

And when he judged the soap category for the Royal Television Society awards he plumped for Coronation Street as No1 and even ranked Emmerdale above his old mates.

Bounce

"I voted Corrie top as I thought it was the better show," he admitted. "It's on the crest of a wave but I'm pretty sure EastEnders can bounce back."

And he is certain that less is more when it comes to soap success.

"The more you have to do, the harder it is," he declared. "Doing more shows dilutes the quality. Three episodes a week are the maximum—1 hours' worth of the same drama is enough."

As more old stars return to the show Ross admits he would love to lure back cockney comic Mike Reid as wide-boy Frank Butcher.

"He was superb," said Ross. "But I doubt anyone could get him off the golf course and back into the studio!"

Treacle
22-05-2005, 01:14
Fantastic news and long awaited!

di marco
22-05-2005, 07:39
great! so will courtney be back as well?

callummc
22-05-2005, 07:40
sounds interesting,i hope they come up with a good storyline for him,maybe he comes back cos sams been murdered,and ends up in bed with the blackwiddow herself not knowing she's responsible,then clock of he goes down the celler.

i_love_matt!
22-05-2005, 09:32
;) yeah!!

Babe14
22-05-2005, 09:51
Wasn't he badly injured in a car accident in Rio and that's how Peggy was written out to look after him? In two minds about him returning after so long, it sounds though as it's not a permanent return just visiting from time to time then going off again. What I would like to know though is why are they bringing back all the bad boys when the excuse given for axing characters was that they were moving away from "gnagster" plots? Still I suppose Phil and Grant, like Jake and Danny can be classed as "Bad Boy, Small time villans"

I'm all for the action/drama and grit storylines. Hope it works.

Rain_
22-05-2005, 09:54
well their not actually gangsters are they? more like tuff blokes you shouldn't mess with

Babe14
22-05-2005, 10:03
well their not actually gangsters are they? more like tuff blokes you shouldn't mess with

I agree, but it has been said that Eastenders is moving more towards family orientated storylines. Looks as though they are moving from Gangsters and back to the good ole' "bad boys". Bring it on. We have a nice selection of them building again.

chance
22-05-2005, 10:28
cant wait ,great news!!! easties is on the up! what if he turns up at sharons wedding???

Rain_
22-05-2005, 10:55
hasn't it been rumoured that phil is going to try and ruin the wedding?

RealityGap
22-05-2005, 11:29
fantastic new :)

di marco
22-05-2005, 11:44
hasn't it been rumoured that phil is going to try and ruin the wedding?

yeh it has

Johnny Allen
22-05-2005, 12:31
Can't wait The Mitchells offically run Albert Square

Princess
22-05-2005, 12:32
Great news I always preferred Grant to Phil!

Babe14
22-05-2005, 12:43
Great news I always preferred Grant to Phil!

Fantastic Banner!!

uvegotmale2000
22-05-2005, 13:56
grant maybe returning but its only for a few weeks.with an option for 4 extra months.in my opnion seems a bit pointless coming back for such a short time.once his time is up,then no doubt back to dull storylines etc.eastenders needs new blood,and to stop relying on old characters

Angeldelight
22-05-2005, 14:55
noooooooooooooooooooo i have just read this on didgital spy then found this... i don't mind if it's just a one-off couple of eppisodes... and i'd be really happy if they killed him off then but i can't see that happening... i didn't like his character much beofre so i can't see myself changing my mind ESPECIALLY if he tries to split Sharon and Dennis up...

Rach33
22-05-2005, 14:56
BORING Sorry but I just don't want him to return I'd rather they either did INTERESTING stuff with the characters they've got or add some NEW talent into the show

emma_strange
22-05-2005, 15:00
great news

Timalay
22-05-2005, 15:50
There some hope left for eastenders yet.

kelly05
22-05-2005, 15:59
grant maybe returning but its only for a few weeks.with an option for 4 extra months.in my opnion seems a bit pointless coming back for such a short time.once his time is up,then no doubt back to dull storylines etc.eastenders needs new blood,and to stop relying on old characters

I totally agree with you! It seems that once the show hits a bad patch, they just think the answer is to bring back some old faces! In my opinion it's only a short term solution! Why won't the writers concentrate on writing decent stuff for the actors they already have, or bringing in some new faces! I nearly choked on my breakfast this morning when I read the front page of todays Daily Star.According to it, Ross Kemp is being paid £500k for a six month deal!!! Is he really worth that? The producers paid Dirty Den £275k to lure him back...and look how that worked out! I am looking forward to the return of Grant, but am slightly worried about what will happen once this deal is up... Then what will the writers have planned to keep the momentum going?

Don't know how reliable The Daily star is, but it says that Grant's first job on his return will be to kill off Alfie Moon, and to create havoc for Jonny Allen.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how this all works out for the show!!

rosiec211
22-05-2005, 17:05
I dont understand why Grant would want to kill Alfie??!! I read it in the daily star too and i was pleased to have grant bk cos he's my fav mitchell-but killing Alfie? My fav character of all? I dont wanna see that happen.

Rach33
22-05-2005, 17:07
No neither can I why kill Alfie i know he's boring but there's no need to go to extremes

kazzie
22-05-2005, 21:49
Will be great to have Grant back, even for a short while.
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Debs
22-05-2005, 22:35
it will be good to have grant back. the whole mitchell family again!!

melanielovesdennisrickman
23-05-2005, 06:46
Hiya!!!!!
That's Great new,i couldn't stop smiling when i heard that Ross Kemp is finally coming Back :thumbsup:
Shame He's not staying that long though Because it would be great to have the Mitchell Brothers back in the Sqaure for good.
I was watching the video about the Mitchell Brothers this weekend,has anybody seen it????? :rotfl:
It's soooooooo funny,and it made me really miss them!!!!!

Love
Melanie

Babe14
23-05-2005, 09:44
On LK today it was said that Ross(Grant) will be returning for one week and possibly for 4 months next year. My guess is that it will to be do with acertain wedding. As for him killing Alfie off, I doubt very much if that would happen, unless of course Shane has decided that it's the end of the road for Alfie...

Babe14
23-05-2005, 09:50
I totally agree with you! It seems that once the show hits a bad patch, they just think the answer is to bring back some old faces! In my opinion it's only a short term solution! Why won't the writers concentrate on writing decent stuff for the actors they already have, or bringing in some new faces! I nearly choked on my breakfast this morning when I read the front page of todays Daily Star.According to it, Ross Kemp is being paid £500k for a six month deal!!! Is he really worth that? The producers paid Dirty Den £275k to lure him back...and look how that worked out! I am looking forward to the return of Grant, but am slightly worried about what will happen once this deal is up... Then what will the writers have planned to keep the momentum going?

Don't know how reliable The Daily star is, but it says that Grant's first job on his return will be to kill off Alfie Moon, and to create havoc for Jonny Allen.

I agree 100% and they may end up falling flat on their faces, look what happened with Den. They want to start killing off the Mitchells, starting with Peggy and not new characters.
New characters are what a show needs combined with existing old characters who have stayed with the show, that is what makes good viewing, good ole storylines combined with brand new storylines with fresh new blood, not stale old storylines with the same stale old blood.

phils little sister
23-05-2005, 10:24
I agree 100% and they may end up falling flat on their faces, look what happened with Den. They want to start killing off the Mitchells, starting with Peggy and not new characters.
New characters are what a show needs combined with existing old characters who have stayed with the show, that is what makes good viewing, good ole storylines combined with brand new storylines with fresh new blood, not stale old storylines with the same stale old blood.

I hope grant and phil kill Jake and Danny Moon

Babe14
23-05-2005, 10:32

Jake is staying and Danny isn't staying, so I don't think that this could happen.:) I think that Jake and the Mitchells will go head to head, especially if the rumour about killing Alfie is true.

phils little sister
23-05-2005, 10:34
Jake is staying and Danny isn't staying, so I don't think that this could happen.:) I think that Jake and the Mitchells will go head to head, especially if the rumour about killing Alfie is true.

Jake and the mitchells go head to head :rotfl: :rotfl:

di marco
23-05-2005, 10:59

noooooooo they couldnt kill jake and danny! though jake and danny should kill phil!!! :D

Babe14
23-05-2005, 11:05
noooooooo they couldnt kill jake and danny! though jake and danny should kill phil!!! :D

:rotfl: Now that would make great viewing! Perhaps Dennis could give them a helping hand afterall D and Phil are enemies!

di marco
23-05-2005, 11:07
:rotfl: Now that would make great viewing! Perhaps Dennis could give them a helping hand afterall D and Phil are enemies!

yeh i think they should all gang up and kill phil mitchell! maybe torture him first then let him die a slow painful death hehe!!! :D

phils little sister
23-05-2005, 11:13
yeh i think they should all gang up and kill phil mitchell! maybe torture him first then let him die a slow painful death hehe!!! :D

Yeah thats the only way they would be able to get him :clap: :clap:

Babe14
23-05-2005, 11:17

Ian being chief torturer!

di marco
23-05-2005, 11:17
Ian being chief torturer!

hehe lol!

Babe14
23-05-2005, 11:19
hehe lol!

How about a bit of loo flushing...one for each time Phil has done it to Ian :rotfl:

di marco
23-05-2005, 11:20
How about a bit of loo flushing...one for each time Phil has done it to Ian :rotfl:

thats a good idea, that would show phil!

Babe14
23-05-2005, 11:27
thats a good idea, that would show phil!

and maybe if Phil, all the Mitchells come to think about it, had a taste of their own medicine, it would show them that they can't go around pushing people about anymore. That way they would be able to give the Mitchells fresh storylines instead of stale ones.

di marco
23-05-2005, 11:28
and maybe if Phil, all the Mitchells come to think about it, had a taste of their own medicine, it would show them that they can't go around pushing people about anymore. That way they would be able to give the Mitchells fresh storylines instead of stale ones.

good idea, instead of the mitchells beating up other people, other people could beat up them, i like your thinking! lol! and it would give a great new story for ee i agree!

Babe14
23-05-2005, 11:38
good idea, instead of the mitchells beating up other people, other people could beat up them, i like your thinking! lol! and it would give a great new story for ee i agree!

Instead of just one person going around buying up the square, they could leave things how they are now and Phil could go and work with Gary and Minty at "Ians Garage", Peggy could work in the chippy for a while, then she could go and work for Chrissie and jake at the Vic. That would give the twins someone to wind up all dayLOL!

di marco
23-05-2005, 11:39
Instead of just one person going around buying up the square, they could leave things how they are now and Phil could go and work with Gary and Minty at "Ians Garage", Peggy could work in the chippy for a while, then she could go and work for Chrissie and jake at the Vic. That would give the twins someone to wind up all dayLOL!

peggy in the chippy, that made me laugh! :) the twins would have a great time with all these people to annoy!!!

Babe14
23-05-2005, 11:44
peggy in the chippy, that made me laugh! :) the twins would have a great time with all these people to annoy!!!

Now your at it too! LOL!

di marco
23-05-2005, 11:45
Now your at it too! LOL!

i know, i think we are merging reality and fantasy lol! maybe we should go and live in our own make-believe little world.................

Babe14
23-05-2005, 11:56
i know, i think we are merging reality and fantasy lol! maybe we should go and live in our own make-believe little world.................

I think I'm already there...isn't that where writers are supposed to live though :lol:

dddMac1
23-05-2005, 11:58
Fantastic news can't wait Babs to the Rescue Nagging ross to come Back good on her

littlemo
08-06-2005, 20:22
I know we have all known this for quite some time, but I thought i'd take this opportunity to express my excitement on his return. I can't wait for Dennis to be introduced to Grant, it is going to be an episode worth watching! Dennis has always known Sharon has been married before, but seeing Grant in the flesh with be a real eye opener won't it?!

I think it's great now that Den's gone from being part of Sharon and Dennis's relationsip, because now they have made the stand, Sharon is going to be more confident and strong, and Dennis is going to see her for who she really is. The way she was when the Mitchells were in the square. I think he's going to see a whole new side to her.

ameliauk1
08-06-2005, 20:29
I know we have all known this for quite some time, but I thought i'd take this opportunity to express my excitement on his return. I can't wait for Dennis to be introduced to Grant, it is going to be an episode worth watching! Dennis has always known Sharon has been married before, but seeing Grant in the flesh with be a real eye opener won't it?!

I think it's great now that Den's gone from being part of Sharon and Dennis's relationsip, because now they have made the stand, Sharon is going to be more confident and strong, and Dennis is going to see her for who she really is. The way she was when the Mitchells were in the square. I think he's going to see a whole new side to her.

i think personally sennis will end up swinging for grant after him smacking sharon about and yeah i too think theres gonna be a whole new side too sharon with den gone and the mittchels back lol

Abbie
08-06-2005, 20:32
thank you for telling me i didnt relise that he was coming back, im so far behind with soap gossip, i read that sam was goin leave but someone comes back and she decided not to go but now i know who!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

littlemo
08-06-2005, 20:40
thank you for telling me i didnt relise that he was coming back, im so far behind with soap gossip, i read that sam was goin leave but someone comes back and she decided not to go but now i know who!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

In the magazine you read they may be talking about Phil, Grant's only coming back for 2 weeks for the time being. Phil and Grant are both coming back in the Autumn. Mind you Phil's leaving again to do Panto, but I think he'll be on our screen longer than Grant. So I don't know who Sam decides to stay for. I may be wrong, but I think I heard she was leaving in November permanently.

It's not going to be the last we see of Phil and Grant though, definetely not for Phil anyway, I think Panto lasts about 3 months, then he's back on a permanent basis. Ross Kemp has been offered a 4 month contract next year, which I think he might be tempted to take. So we are going to have the Mitchell's back in business, it's going to be great!

littlemo
08-06-2005, 20:46
i think personally sennis will end up swinging for grant after him smacking sharon about and yeah i too think theres gonna be a whole new side too sharon with den gone and the mittchels back lol

Yeah they're all big on family in Eastenders aren't they?! If anyone hurts a member of their clan, it's charging bull time! lol. I love that Dennis is so protective of Sharon, but I hope he will soon realise that she is perfectly capable of taking care of herself!

Abbie
08-06-2005, 20:53
yay i think EE will be back on track because i strated loosing interest a couple of months ago

Treacle
13-08-2005, 20:30
It is rumoured that as part of his new BBC deal he will be contracted to the UK's no.2 soap (EastEnders) for 6 months initially which will run from January 06 following his brief stint towards the end of this year.

Charmed
13-08-2005, 20:42
6 months!That sounds promising

alan45
13-08-2005, 23:49
Sounds like wishful thinking to me

pops110874
13-08-2005, 23:50
Please let it be true!!!

Cant wait to see Grant back in EE.....Just hope the writers come up with some interesting storylines for him!!

Treacle
14-08-2005, 01:06
Sounds like wishful thinking to meWell they've already offered him lots of new oppurtunities so I think even he would realise it's worth signing up to the UK's no.2 soap for 6 months in the new year. He's already said he has a spare 4 months which he would be willing to come back for so what's another two?

alan45
14-08-2005, 01:14
Yes maybe so. But he took long enough to agee to return for the fortnight. He enjoys being mr macho in ultimate farce

Treacle
14-08-2005, 01:35
Yes maybe so. But he took long enough to agee to return for the fortnight. He enjoys being mr macho in ultimate farce
Well if he's coming back for four months in the new year I don't think the rumour about it being six months is too absurd?

alan45
14-08-2005, 01:38
Hes not back yet

Treacle
14-08-2005, 01:40
Hes not back yet
He's back filming in a matter of weeks??? Didn't you know?

alan45
14-08-2005, 01:55
yes for a fortnight thats all so far

Treacle
14-08-2005, 02:02
yes for a fortnight thats all so farYeah and if the bosses want him for 4 months in the new year he's told them he's available :)

Bryan
14-08-2005, 11:07
i can see an argument brewing, sounds like fun! :)

alan45
14-08-2005, 12:30
Yeah and if the bosses want him for 4 months in the new year he's told them he's available :)

But of course that was before recent deveopments both in and out of the square. If as seems likely Phil does not actually return and Sharon leaves again what would be the point of his return.

Kim
14-08-2005, 12:40
But of course that was before recent deveopments both in and out of the square. If as seems likely Phil does not actually return and Sharon leaves again what would be the point of his return.

Phil does return with Grant doesn't he? I thought they start filming in the near future. Peggy returns before them to get Phil freed from jail doesn't she?

alan45
14-08-2005, 13:46
Phil does return with Grant doesn't he? I thought they start filming in the near future. Peggy returns before them to get Phil freed from jail doesn't she?

Phils off screen canine activities :moonie: may derail his comeback plans

Treacle
14-08-2005, 15:02
There's loads of reasons why Grant can come back. Phil stayed in the programme when Grant left and Sharon was out of it the brothers don't need eachother and Sharon to survive :p

Kim
14-08-2005, 15:04
There's loads of reasons why Grant can come back. Phil stayed in the programme when Grant left and Sharon was out of it the brothers don't need eachother and Sharon to survive :p

Exactly.

alan45
14-08-2005, 16:33
There are lots of reasons why he doesnt need to come back to the square as well (mainly financial :) )

callummc
14-08-2005, 18:21
They better hope he is willing cos the way things are going with cast members leaving nobody in the square would know who he was

Johnny Allen
16-08-2005, 14:37
They better hope he is willing cos the way things are going with cast members leaving nobody in the square would know who he was

If they didn't know who he was to start with by a week or so all the residents will know who he is.

Bryan
16-08-2005, 19:11
If they didn't know who he was to start with by a week or so all the residents will know who he is.

espcially with dot and pauline gossiping about who is he and what hes done lol!

Potato1992
17-08-2005, 09:55
kl but who is he gonna pick on though there is not many rough characters around

Bryan
17-08-2005, 11:45
kl but who is he gonna pick on though there is not many rough characters around

dennis thinks he is, and then theres jonny allen aswell, and jake is roughish when he comes back

pops110874
17-08-2005, 15:24
i would say dennis would be his main victim - what with him marrying sharon and all....

its a shame dennis is leaving....think of the punch ups!

Bryan
17-08-2005, 15:56
i would say dennis would be his main victim - what with him marrying sharon and all....

its a shame dennis is leaving....think of the punch ups!

theres time for a few before they both leave, and didnt an inside source say that there was going to be??? :hmm:

pops110874
17-08-2005, 21:40
theres time for a few before they both leave, and didnt an inside source say that there was going to be??? :hmm:

:cheer: Please let it be so!! Cant wait for a proper Grant Mitchell punch up!!!

If he was staying though - we would have that long running feud that works so well!

Oh well, Im sure he can find others to fight with - its Grant!! :cheer:

(im so glad he is coming back!!)

Bryan
18-08-2005, 09:55
i think it would be bril for him to punch up jake, becaause of this rumoured "chrissie fancying thing" that would be good, grant goes to kiss chrissie, jake lashe sout but grant moves out the way and then knocks jake to the floor and knocks ten barrells of .... out of him!

pops110874
18-08-2005, 11:00
Will Chrissie still be in the soap when Grant comes back? Would love to see those together, what a great couple they would make!!

Wont she be in jailed/on the run/or other by the time grant returns?

xStephaniex
19-08-2005, 10:08
Please let it be true!!!

Cant wait to see Grant back in EE.....Just hope the writers come up with some interesting storylines for him!!

it will be great to see grant back ! and phil together! they should play we are family in the queen vic when they return :p lol...no ok they shouldn't ! i agree with you tho pops the writers have gotta give him some good storylines !

Milagro
04-09-2005, 14:46
Has it been confirmed how long he will be in EE when he arrives in October ? is it definitely only 2 weeks.

emma_strange
04-09-2005, 15:32
awww I wish he could stay longer

pops110874
04-09-2005, 16:47
not sure

there was a rumour he was back for two weeks and then returning again for six weeks

but nothing has been confirmed as far as i know

emma_strange
04-09-2005, 16:49
does grant know about what Marcus did?

pops110874
04-09-2005, 17:32
im not sure....does peggy even know?

kirsty_g
04-09-2005, 17:44
she finds out when she gets back week i think

littlemo
26-10-2005, 00:45
I thought it would be great to have a thread on Grant, because I think he's so fantastic, he deserves one! Not spoilers obviously, just a discussion about his past storylines, his character, or anything about him. I'll kick it off!

How amazing was he tonight?! I've really missed him! Having him and Phil back together, causing trouble again, it was like old times. He seems a lot softer than he was (I know he beat up Dennis at the end), but he does seem a lot less hot tempered, like being away from the square has calmed him. I like that side of his character more than when he's being psychopathic, I don't like him too evil! I like the drama but I don't think he does himself justice when he gets too crazy!

Lets think of the really good storylines he has been involved with;

Sharongate- Brilliant storyline in it's day. Sharon's back in the picture now so it's bound to cause fireworks. Both brothers have never really got over it.

The Canal- Phil finding about Kathy sleeping with Grant gets crazy and decides to shoot at him. They go into the canal, in which Grant magically escapes from. How did he do it? We will probably never know.

Grant sleeps with Michelle (Sharon's best friends) - She gets pregnant, pretends that the baby's not his and runs away to America.

Grant sleeps with Tiffany's mum- Tiffany finds out, they have an argument in which she falls down the stairs, she says he pushed her. But he managed to get off with it, when Tiffany finally told the truth.

Tiffany gets run over by Frank- Very upsetting, Courteney loses her mother, and Grant a wife, but he soon moves on.

There are so many more, and I am looking forward to seeing more in the future too. Fantastic!! Thankyou Ross Kemp for coming back!

soapyclean
26-10-2005, 09:06
They always had some really gritty storylines back then, wish they would have put a bit more humour in. Yet it was always left us wanting to know what happened in the next epi, time for them to start writing like that again.
Grant always was a 'hardman', now he just has to stand and look 'hard' LOL although seeing him lift and deposit Dennis showed he still had it in him when he needs it :D

Ross always was one of those brilliant actors who can pull off what the writers have written, and give it that edge. Cant wait too see how him and Dennis get on or not rofl.

i_luv_dennis
26-10-2005, 09:08
i no yeah

Florijo
26-10-2005, 10:20
Grant has also been a favourite of mine, he was such a strong character. He was 'the man' in Walford and had so many great partnerships and storylines. One of the great things about Grant was his range of storylines, as this allowed him to develop as a character. Unlike the likes of Nick Cotton and Trevor Morgan, Grant was never an full scale villan. He was not evil like Nick and Trevor. He was friends with Nigel, who was hardly cool, he helped Bianca give birth, and he forgave Phil as well.

I loved the double act of Grant and Phil. Pure gold. I loved it when they went to Italy to find Ian's kids, and they got lost in the car. They were trying to get to the airport and Phil spotted a plane and told Grant to follow it, and then Grant said "This is'nt a helicoper, Philip".

His relationship with Tiffany was nice, but I always thought his heart belonged to Sharon.

xXxJessxXx
26-10-2005, 11:23
After Sharon married Grant and had an affair with Phil, did the two get married? i though they did but my mum mentioned last night she can never remeber which one she married. i though it was both but now im not sure. Did she never marry phil at all?

Florijo
26-10-2005, 11:25
After Sharon married Grant and had an affair with Phil, did the two get married? i though they did but my mum mentioned last night she can never remeber which one she married. i though it was both but now im not sure. Did she never marry phil at all?

No, she was only ever married to Grant.

soapyclean
26-10-2005, 14:00
Sharon married first Grant had an affair with Phil, divorced Grant then married Phil, now she's married to Dennis :D (for how long is a guess)

Bad Wolf
26-10-2005, 14:01
did she marry phil?

Debs
26-10-2005, 14:03
did she marry phil?

she didnt marry him dis she? i dont remember a phil and sharon marriage

Bad Wolf
26-10-2005, 14:04
neither do i- thats why i'm confused by people saying she did

Johnny Allen
26-10-2005, 14:15
welcome back Grant what a classic episode last night, words can't describe how much I enjoyed it. I thought we may see a different side to him but 5 minutes in and he's threatning Johnny and beating up Dennis, I do hope he decides to come back when his stint is over, as I feel Ross Kemp brings something special to the show. Welcome back Grant, Walford hasn't been the same without you.

Debs
26-10-2005, 14:15
just looked and checked on eastenders site and there is no mention of a phil and sharon wedding so they ahve got it wrong and we were right rach!!!

Bad Wolf
26-10-2005, 14:17
i didnt think they did- i nkow they got together for a while before she started seeing tom but no wedding

Keating's babe
26-10-2005, 14:17
Sharon and Phil did not get married. Sharon left Phil because she knew he wanted a family and she couldn't have children.

Grant doesn't know that when he left Sharon and Phil became an item.

xXxJessxXx
26-10-2005, 14:34
Sharon and Phil did not get married. Sharon left Phil because she knew he wanted a family and she couldn't have children.

Grant doesn't know that when he left Sharon and Phil became an item.

what so grant knew that sharon had an affair with phil but didnt know that she later got with phil? or is that grant doesnt know about the second time they got together after phil had louise and everything.

i thought that was why phil and grant hated each other beacuse of sharon they tried to kill each other.

How long was grant married to sharon before she had the affair?

Does grant know that sharon aborted him baby. do you think phil has told him?

Keating's babe
26-10-2005, 15:00
Sorry didn't mean to confuse. I mean the second time after he had Louise with Lisa.

Ooh yeah and he doesn't know about the abortion, I don't think.

dddMac1
26-10-2005, 15:03
feels good to see Grant back.he has always been a favourite of mine

Keating's babe
26-10-2005, 15:05
Yeah a firm favourite of mine. I've been hoping for years that he would return, and yay it's finally happened. :cheer: :clap: :thumbsup:

pops110874
26-10-2005, 15:09
Its amazing the difference in the last few episodes, the acting, the writing, the storylines. But the return of Grant Mitchell has just given that little something extra to the show.

His return has almost lifted the whole show - Eastenders is a much better show with the mitchells in it - to sowwwt everywan aaahhht!! lol

xXxJessxXx
26-10-2005, 15:26
yeah i agree. i mean i dont remeber much of him as i was only born in 1989 and by about 1999 he was gone. not sure the exact year he left or when he arrived. but i liked him beacuse him and phil were so close and brought a lot of drama to the show. i didnt like the fact they were always so mean!(but thats just me being soft!) im glad they are back. I think he has changed a bit... but not a lot. he's still the same old thug he alwasy was. he's just tired in his old age and isnt as fit as he used to be. (i mean healthy fit. he's never been good looking fit!) lol

Keating's babe
26-10-2005, 15:32
I agree with your banner Jessie - vote Shayne - he is lovely and has a superb voice. :cheer:

soapyclean
26-10-2005, 16:17
Its ok, I remember Sharon and Phil living together been so long forgot they never married. :D
So glad too see the boys back, if the writing can be so good with Ross and Steve why cant it always be as good.

Mr Humphries
26-10-2005, 17:21
No vote Philip He is lush !!!!!!!!!!

I am pleased that Grunt is back ! He is quite lush in a different way LOL LOL PMSL

Bad Wolf
26-10-2005, 17:23
keep it on topic- talk about grant and his lovliness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crazygirl
26-10-2005, 18:30
GRANT HE'S NOT HER BOYFRIEND HE'S MY HUSBAND!!
how cool was that! grant n phil have made a explosive comeback and eastenders wobnt be the same when they go again

Debs
26-10-2005, 18:33
GRANT HE'S NOT HER BOYFRIEND HE'S MY HUSBAND!!
how cool was that! grant n phil have made a explosive comeback and eastenders wobnt be the same when they go again

that bit was brilliant!!

cant wait till thursday, i wondor what grant will think of sharon now? she has changed loads since he last saw her!! he will probably be thinking OMG who attacked her with a tea bag!! :rotfl:

littlemo
26-10-2005, 23:34
that bit was brilliant!!

cant wait till thursday, i wondor what grant will think of sharon now? she has changed loads since he last saw her!! he will probably be thinking OMG who attacked her with a tea bag!! :rotfl:

Well even now, 10 years later, Grant had still been thinking about Sharon. She was the love of his life. I think he still has some feelings left for her, them meeting again after all this time is bound to have an effect on him.

Maybe he'll be thinking she's lost a lot of weight, she's very good looking. Or that she's just the same old Sharon he married. Appearances aren't really important, when you really love somebody.

tammyy2j
27-10-2005, 12:43
Sharon nevered married Phil.

Does Grant know that Sharon and Phil hooked up again when she returned to bury her mum and when she had shares in the Vic.

soapyclean
27-10-2005, 16:08
I think Peggy would've filled Grunt in when she went to visit him the first time, so he'd been caught up till then.

Bryan
28-10-2005, 12:26
Sharon Marshall has said that Ross Kemp has confirmed he will return next year! Great news!

Bad Wolf
28-10-2005, 12:27
for good??????

Kim
28-10-2005, 12:29
She didn't say, she just said that he has agreed to return in 2006 after his breif stint on the show this year.

Luna
28-10-2005, 12:30
:wub: :wub: :wub:

Think it's for six months

Siobhan
28-10-2005, 12:32
cccccccoooooooooooooooooooooollllllllll :cheer:

Kim
28-10-2005, 12:32
:wub: :wub: :wub:

Think it's for six months

Source? Cool, better than a few weeks like he's doing at the moment.

Luna
28-10-2005, 12:34
Well im sure that was part of the deal a few weeks and if that goes well six months in 2006

brenda1971
28-10-2005, 12:42
Thats good is phil going back out of it again soon or is he staying

Chloe O'brien
28-10-2005, 12:55
they must have added a few extra zero's to his salary :p

Jojo
28-10-2005, 12:56
Not worried about phil going out/coming back but Ross :wub: the longer he stays, the better :wub:

Bryan
28-10-2005, 12:59
Thats good is phil going back out of it again soon or is he staying

going for panto then back again full time

Tamzi
28-10-2005, 12:59
So glad Ross will be back. Grant is an amazing character and the square is better with him. They must have offered Ross more directing work
xxx

Kim
28-10-2005, 13:26
So glad Ross will be back. Grant is an amazing character and the square is better with him. They must have offered Ross more directing work
xxx

Ross would like more directing work, but was persuaded to return to the show by the offer of a £1m salary.

soapyclean
28-10-2005, 13:28
It wont be for good, because part of his contract was he took up directing other programmes as he wants to start up his own production company.

Can we have a link please :D

Luna
28-10-2005, 13:30
this news has made my day :D :D :D

.:SpIcYsPy:.
28-10-2005, 13:42
Yes!! My dad will love to hear this!! :D

crazygirl
28-10-2005, 14:29
im sure i heard he was coming back for 4 months i hope he isnt coming back to be killed off!!

pops110874
28-10-2005, 14:30
fantastic!! Long Live Grant Mitchell!!!!!!! :D

shannisrules
28-10-2005, 15:15
yey ! i though ross kemp had a deal with itv ?

dddMac1
28-10-2005, 15:25
i'm glad ross is coming back next year would be good if he came back full time

crazygirl
28-10-2005, 15:55
yey ! i though ross kemp had a deal with itv ?he does but he wanted some demands before he would return they were to let him have time off to do work for itv plus time off to be a director for casualty and e/e ok'd it

Johnny Allen
28-10-2005, 17:17
The best news I have heard all day, Ross must have enjoyed playing Grant again.

Cornishbabe
28-10-2005, 17:17
actors shold be able to act for more than one different company!!

lizann
14-12-2014, 01:25
ee bosses are trying to ross back for new year

Perdita
14-12-2014, 06:02
EASTENDERS bosses are in talks with Albert Square *legend Ross Kemp to make a dramatic return as Grant Mitchell for the soap’s 30th anniversary.

Programme chief Dominic Treadwell Collins has a list of characters he wants back in the Square for the milestone event next February.

Barbara Windsor, 77, who played *Peggy Mitchell for more than 16 years until 2010, has already agreed to *return.

To reunite Peggy with both her sons would be a massive hit with fans and a sure-fire ratings winner.

The last time the three were together in Albert Square was 2006.

Hard-man actor Ross, 50, and Steve McFadden, 55, who plays Grant’s *brother Phil, have been involved in some powerful storylines.

“He would love nothing more than to bring Peggy back to Albert Square with both her boys”
EastEnders source

And as Phil has married Grant’s first wife Sharon it could be quite a reunion come February. An EastEnders source told the Daily Star Sunday: “The 30th anniversary is going to be one of the biggest events ever in the soap.

“With Barbara having already agreed to return the next name on Dom’s list is Ross.

“He would love nothing more than to bring Peggy back to Albert Square with both her boys.

“It would be a huge moment in EastEnders’ history.

“Talks are still ongoing but everyone is hopeful. If anyone can pull it off Dom can.”

Ross hinted that he’d be up for *returning earlier this year. He said: “Never say never – I don’t think you should ever do that.”

EastEnders will celebrate the *anniversary in the week beginning *February 16 with a live 30-minute episode as well as live elements in all shows screened during that week.

Sunday Mirror

I can't see him coming back long term but for the anniversary I can

owenlee4me
15-12-2014, 23:37
wHATS THE POINT OF BRINGING THESE "EX" STARS BACK FOR A BLINK? NOT WORTH IT, WOULD BE MORE WORTHWHILE IF THERE WAS A REASON THAT HAS IMPACT!
LIKE GRANT GETTING SHARON PREGNANT, NOW THAT WOULD HAVE IMPACT!!!!!!

owenlee4me
15-12-2014, 23:37
wHATS THE POINT OF BRINGING THESE "EX" STARS BACK FOR A BLINK? NOT WORTH IT, WOULD BE MORE WORTHWHILE IF THERE WAS A REASON THAT HAS IMPACT!
LIKE GRANT GETTING SHARON PREGNANT, NOW THAT WOULD HAVE IMPACT!!!!!!

tammyy2j
16-12-2014, 00:11
I would like to see Grant back

Perdita
02-02-2015, 21:39
Ross Kemp has admitted that he would be happy to make a return to EastEnders.

The actor, who played Grant Mitchell on the soap for ten years, said that he would go back if the time was right.

Ross Kemp on Extreme World: 'It's emotionally draining - but worth it'

In an interview with Jonathan Ross on BBC Radio 2, he said: "I've got no problem going back.

"It was ten years of my life. Some of it was happy, some of it wasn't so happy, but I enjoyed most of it or wouldn't have stayed that long."

The 50-year-old actor left the show in 1999 and returned for two short stints in 2005 and 2006.

He has recently ruled out an appearance in the EastEnders 30th anniversary week, later this month.

"If an opportunity comes up and it's at the right time, I definitely don't see why not," Kemp added to Ross.

:hmm:

Perdita
26-10-2015, 06:58
Twitter has gotten very animated about the rumoured return of Ross Kemp as Grant Mitchell in EastEnders.

The Mirror is reporting that Kemp is being lined up for a return in a storyline that will see him attempt to save his alcoholic brother Phil.

EastEnders fans have taken to Twitter to describe his potential return as everything from the "greatest thing since sliced bread" to pant-wettingly exciting.

There's always one, though, warning Kemp that it would be a "BIG mistake".

Meanwhile, Kemp himself has other more pressing matters on his hands than dealing with the rumoured return:

He did, however, recently respond to showrunner Dominic Treadwell-Collins's desire to see Grant back in Walford, saying "never say never".

Last week, Barbara Windsor hinted that she would reprise her role, as long as her Mitchell boys were right there alongside her.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a675449/twitter-gets-excited-over-ross-kemps-rumoured-return-to-eastenders-the-greatest-thing-since-sliced-bread.html#~pscw2ToWSlo663

Kim
26-10-2015, 07:25
Phil only fell off the wagon big time 5 years ago. Did he again when Ben killed Heather, I don't recall? That storyline has been seriously overdone since 2007 (which was during DTC's last stint on the show, so it's probably true.)

Let's just hope it's better than the time Peggy returned to make Phil get out of bed.

Perdita
26-10-2015, 07:43
Phil only fell off the wagon big time 5 years ago. Did he again when Ben killed Heather, I don't recall? That storyline has been seriously overdone since 2007 (which was during DTC's last stint on the show, so it's probably true.)

Let's just hope it's better than the time Peggy returned to make Phil get out of bed.

He has fallen off again - I think it is quite good to show an alcoholic fall off the wagon time and time again, makes it quite real :(

Rear window
26-10-2015, 09:00
He has fallen off again - I think it is quite good to show an alcoholic fall off the wagon time and time again, makes it quite real :(

I too have no objection to them showing his falling off the wagon as long as it's done so he can climb back on again.
I think it is a good reminder to people.
No doubt he will spend an inordinate amount of time in the pub drinking orange juice again.

Rear window
26-10-2015, 09:00

I too have no objection to them showing his falling off the wagon as long as it's done so he can climb back on again.
I think it is a good reminder to people.
No doubt he will spend an inordinate amount of time in the pub drinking orange juice again.

owenlee4me
26-10-2015, 15:06

Yea me too, wonder if mrs wooden face would get excited? (Jane Beale!!!) at the thought of some rumpy pumpy, something surely can make her smile, and maybe he can take her back to Portugal with him.

owenlee4me
26-10-2015, 15:06

Yea me too, wonder if mrs wooden face would get excited? (Jane Beale!!!) at the thought of some rumpy pumpy, something surely can make her smile, and maybe he can take her back to Portugal with him.

Perdita
01-11-2015, 09:39
Taking time out from growing grapes, Ross Kemp has spoken for the first time about his rumoured EastEnders return.

The actor was talking at a personal appearance in Hull, and seemed to back up his Tweet last month that he would "never say never" to a Walford comeback.
http://i2.cdnds.net/14/50/618x411/showbiz-chelsea-flower-show-ross-kemp.jpg
Ross Kemp attends the VIP preview day of The Chelsea Flower Show
© Getty Images / Eamonn M. McCormack
Ross Kemp

"Everyone wants to know about EastEnders, and at the moment I don't know, so I can't really say anything, " Kemp noted (via The Mirror). "There has been rumours and I have never said that I wouldn't go back."

Rumours have been rife in recent weeks that Kemp could be tempted back to reprise his role as Grant Mitchell in a big new storyline.

Last week, Gillian Taylforth (Kathy Beale) and Harry Reid (Ben Mitchell) said they were keen for Grant to come back to the Square.

"I don't know [if he will] but to have him back would just be fantastic," Taylforth believed. "It would be lovely - there would be another Mitchell brother in the Square for me to choose from!"
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/07/618x415/soaps-eastenders-phil-mitchell-sharon-grant-.jpg
Archive shot of Phil, Sharon and Grant in EastEnders
© BBC
Archive shot of Phil, Sharon and Grant in EastEnders

EastEnders boss Dominic Treadwell-Collins sparked rumours of a return for Grant last month, admitting that he felt there was "one person missing" in recent scenes between Phil, Kathy and Sharon.

Kemp's on-screen mum Barbara Windsor (Peggy) also hinted that she would join him if he ever returned.

digitalspy

lizann
18-01-2016, 00:14
he will back according to twitter

Perdita
18-01-2016, 04:38
he will back according to twitter

Only for his mothers funeral, I guess though, can´t see him coming back for long term

Perdita
18-01-2016, 04:49
Grants BACK! Ross Kemp to return to EastEnders later this year
It's the news all EastEnders fans have been waiting for.
Ross Kemp is returning to the BBC soap later this year to reprise his role as Grant Mitchell. His brief return will coincide with Barbara Windsor's final ever episodes as Peggy, after it was revealed last week that Peggy was dying of cancer.
But it's not just Peggy that Grant will be seeing on his return. The stage is set for an explosive reunion with his ex-wife Sharon (Letitia Dean) currently married to his brother Phil (Steve McFadden) and Kathy (Gillian Taylforth), Phil's ex-wife who Grant slept with.
"When I was approached about returning to EastEnders for Barbara's final episodes, it was something I could not turn down," Kemp explained.
"Barbara is a very close friend so when I learned of the storyline, it felt right that the Mitchell brothers are reunited with their mother for the last time. I am really looking forward to going back to EastEnders and filming what are set to be some classic EastEnders episodes."
Executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins added: "Grant Mitchell is an EastEnders legend and finally he is returning home to Walford to say goodbye to his mother and be reunited not just with his old loves but also his brother.
"We are all so excited finally to have Ross back on the Square - and to have Ross Kemp, Barbara Windsor, Steve McFadden, Letitia Dean and Gillian Taylforth all on screen together at the same time as Peggy makes an exit like no other, this promises to be something very special."
Kemp first appeared in EastEnders in 1990 and left in 1999, but has since made a couple of brief returns.
Following Windsor's surprise return on Friday (January 15), EastEnders fans were calling for a full Mitchell reunion. Perhaps Danniella Westbrook (currently in the Celebrity Big Brother house) will be next?

tammyy2j
18-01-2016, 18:39
Ross Kemp's comeback will coincide with Barbara Windsor's exit storyline which will see the East End matriarch Peggy Mitchell die of cancer later this year.

Speaking about his comeback, the actor, who has played the role of Grant since 1990, said: "When I was approached about returning to EastEnders for Barbara’s final episodes, it was something I could not turn down.

"Barbara is a very close friend so when I learned of the storyline, it felt right that the Mitchell brothers are reunited with their mother for the last time.

"I am really looking forward to going back to EastEnders and filming what are set to be some classic EastEnders episodes.”

The Mitchells will come together as Peggy succumbs to cancer.

It will be very interesting to see how Grant reacts to seeing Sharon (Letitia Dean) and Kathy (Gillian Taylforth) back on the Square.

Revealing that he is happy to have Ross back in the BBC One soap, executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins said: "Ross Kemp is top of every EastEnders fan's return wish list. And being an EastEnders fan myself, he has been at the top of mine.

"Grant Mitchell is an EastEnders legend and finally he is returning home to Walford to say goodbye to his mother and be reunited not just with his old loves but also his brother.

"To have the Mitchell brothers come face to face again, having to face losing their mother, is an opportunity to show Ross Kemp and Steve McFadden at their very best."

"We are all so excited finally to have Ross back on the Square - and to have Ross Kemp, Barbara Windsor, Steve McFadden, Letitia Dean and Gillian Taylforth all on screen together at the same time as Peggy makes an exit like no other, this promises to be something very special.”

Dazzle
18-01-2016, 19:20
Maidmarian must be very pleased at the news Grant's returning. :wub:

maidmarian
18-01-2016, 19:36
Maidmarian must be very pleased at the news Grant's returning. :wub:

Yes - I am!!

Perdita
19-01-2016, 11:15
At last! Every single time there was a hint of an upcoming EastEnders announcement in the past few years, there was one very hopeful question soap fans dared to ask: "Could Grant Mitchell be returning?" Oh, the many disappointments we suffered!

But after cruelly building up our hopes countless times, it's now finally happening: Ross Kemp's legendary character has been confirmed to reappear this spring for Barbara Windsor's emotional goodbye to Peggy Mitchell. As the buzz and anticipation builds, here's our guide to why this return storyline will definitely be worth the hype.

1. Babs planned it herself

Behind closed doors, Barbara Windsor has been sneakily plotting Peggy's final farewell with producers since last summer. A return for Grant was at the top of her wish list - and Ross himself has admitted that he just couldn't say no when Barbara asked him.

Credited by EastEnders boss Dominic Treadwell-Collins as the show's "real guv'nor", Barbara knows Peggy's relationship with her two boys better than anyone. She's sure to have offered her own thoughts on how Grant's reunion with Peggy should go - and we bet she won't be shy of pointing out any niggles with the scripts. We're relying on you to prevent a repeat of the recent "Hello princess" furore, Babs!

2. It's NOT just a fleeting cameo

It can be easy to get carried away when soap returnees are announced. For example, when EastEnders icon Pat Butcher passed away from cancer in 2012, her son Simon was widely tipped to return - but only ended up making a fleeting post-credits cameo appearance. It was a lovely touch since Nick Berry had actually retired from acting, but it also left us wishing we'd had more.

While Grant won't be returning on a full-time basis, the great news is that for this all-important send-off, Peggy's sons will be on screen together for a decent amount of time. Ross has confirmed this himself, expressing his excitement about filming "some classic EastEnders episodes". Yep, that's right: more than one. Hurrah!

3. Grant and Phil have unfinished business

News of Grant's return probably wasn't a huge surprise to anyone who watched last Friday's episode. As Phil ranted bitterly to Peggy about his younger brother, the writers were clearly sowing the seeds for all the on-screen tension to come when Grant arrives back later this year.

Full of self-pity, Phil moaned: "Always did have me down as a loser, didn't you? Not like Grant, the golden boy. Grant, who'd never do any wrong. He done plenty wrong when you weren't looking, though."

With Phil on a downward spiral and old hostilities far from forgotten, it's bound to be a rocky reunion for EastEnders' most famous set of brothers. Despite the tragic circumstances bringing about Grant's return, could there be time for fisticuffs? We hope so...

4. Grant has unfinished business with Walford's other legends too

When you're a loyal fan of a soap, there's nothing better than when years of viewing are rewarded with scripts which really delve into the rich history of the longest-serving characters.

Grant's return provides countless opportunities for nods to the past: what does he make of Phil and Sharon being not-so-happily married more than 20 years after Sharongate? Does he still share a spark with Kathy, who he once slept with? And will Ian pluck up the courage to confront Grant over his past affair with Jane? We're on the edge of our seats already as we wait to find out.

5. Grant could bring Courtney with him

The epic episodes ahead for the Mitchells won't just be a chance to celebrate the past, but also to plant seeds for the family's long-term future on EastEnders. Show bosses haven't announced whether Grant will be returning with anyone, but an appearance from his daughter Courtney is probably a good bet.

Courtney - the daughter of Grant and Tiffany - was last seen on screen with her dad in 2006, played by Megan Jossa. Yep, that's the real-life cousin of Lauren Branning actress Jacqueline Jossa. With Phil's teenage daughter Louise now a regular again, could we see another young Mitchell thrown in to build foundations for the next era?

6. We'll finally see Grant with Ronnie and Roxy

It feels like Ronnie and Roxy have been around on the Square forever - so it's easy to forget that they've never actually shared any screen time with Grant. Depending on Ross's future plans, this could potentially be our only chance to see Grant with the newer Mitchells. What on earth will he make of ruthless schemer Ronnie and unlucky-in-love Roxy?

With Harry Reid now firmly established as one of the show's rising stars, we also can't wait to see how the grown-up Ben Mitchell interacts with his uncle. His relationship with Phil is currently rocky, so could Ben start seeing Grant as a more appealing role model?

7. Grant can back up the Mitchells

Let's be clear: Grant's return should mainly focus on Peggy and the rest of his family, rather than dragging him too much into side plots involving their feuds with the newer characters. Fans previously complained about the Brannings - Derek especially - being shoehorned into Pat's send-off a few years ago. So we won't want a similar scenario with Peggy.

With that said, if the Hubbards and evil Gavin Sullivan are still giving the Mitchells grief at the time of Grant's return, it'd certainly be satisfying to see him spare 5 minutes or so to put them all in their places. You can never take on the Mitchells for too long before getting slapped dahn!

8. Grant just HAD to be there... and he could start a trend

There's nothing worse than watching a huge soap episode and having to suspend your disbelief when you hear feeble excuses for why close relatives aren't there for an important occasion. Peggy's send-off just wouldn't have made sense without Grant, so we can now breathe an early sigh of relief that we won't have to swallow the same old clichés of 'cancelled flights' or 'sudden illnesses'.

Ross's return could also help to lure other old faces back to the show for Peggy's exit. Who wouldn't want to be part of what's shaping up to be the soap world's most epic family reunion? We're holding out hope for as many as possible popping up - with Sam Mitchell surely the most obvious choice to secure next. Over to you, Danniella and Kim...

Dazzle
19-01-2016, 11:25
I'm feeling quite excited now by the thought of the Mitchell reunion!

tammyy2j
19-01-2016, 12:56
Grant would sort Vincent and Gavin out

I hope Courtney returns and also Sam and her son with Jack

Rear window
19-01-2016, 13:39

I'd quite like Gavin sorting out. I think Mrs Hubbard would need sorting out - I think Vincent needs to find his dad and discover the truth.

Rear window

I'd quite like Gavin sorting out. I think Mrs Hubbard would need sorting out - I think Vincent needs to find his dad and discover the truth.

Perdita
I wonder whether Grant will find out from someone that he has a son in America? Mark Fowler jr, he fathered with Michelle shortly before she left ... While I can´t see Susan Tully returning as Michelle, a re-cast could and surely would make for interesting storyline :D

tammyy2j
19-01-2016, 13:45
I wonder whether Grant will find out from someone that he has a son in America? Mark Fowler jr, he fathered with Michelle shortly before she left ... While I can´t see Susan Tully returning as Michelle, a re-cast could and surely would make for interesting storyline :D

That would be good, he could come and stay with Martin and meet his "new cousin Arthur"

parkerman
19-01-2016, 15:14

For someone touted as the worst villain in soap history, Gavin hasn't actually done much yet. If what was said when he was introduced is true, I can't see him being sorted out any time soon.

Dazzle
19-01-2016, 18:19
I wonder whether Grant will find out from someone that he has a son in America? Mark Fowler jr, he fathered with Michelle shortly before she left ...

I think this is likely to happen because it could be the last time Ross Kemp ever agrees to appear in EastEnders. I wouldn't be able to resist if I were DTC.

Perdita
15-03-2016, 11:36
Ross Kemp has been in some of the most dangerous environments in the world, but he's more nervous than ever about rejoining EastEnders.

The actor is making his Albert Square return later this year, and he's already anxious about stepping out as Grant Mitchell once more.

"I've had sniper rounds go through the wall behind me, and I'm quite cool under fire. I'm good at dealing with things like that. But I'm wetting myself at the thought of going back to EastEnders," he told Radio Times.

"I'm panicking about everything. About whether I've lost the ability to learn all the lines. About whether I can cope with it at all.

"I worry about letting people down, letting myself down. That's my biggest fear. It's going to be like going back to sixth form."

Kemp will be returning for a stint to say goodbye to mum Peggy after it was announced that Barbara Windsor has decided to bow out for good.

Danniella Westbrook is also set to return as his sister Sam in scenes that will air in the spring.

Digital Spy

lizann
19-04-2016, 22:28
http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/19/eastenders-spoilers-is-grant-mitchells-secret-son-set-to-return-to-walford-5827926

There could be a shock in store for Grant Mitchell when he returns to Albert Square.

The eldest of the Mitchell siblings could be about to come face to face with a son he didn’t know he had 20 years ago.

In 1995 Grant had an almighty row with his ex-wife’s best friend Michelle Fowler about how he’d treated Sharon during their marriage, which resulted in a naughty one-night stand between the two.

Michelle ended up pregnant, and decided to hightail it out of Walford before anyone found out. She moved to America, where she had a boy and named him Mark after her late brother who died of an AIDS related illness.

Grant never officially found out that the kid was in fact his, but he could be about to.

20 years later and Grant’s secret son could be finally winging his way to Walford.

Michelle’s younger brother, Martin Fowler, is about to tie the knot with Stacey Branning. Usually at these kind of occasions family attend, and it’s thought that Mark – Martin’s nephew – might just turn up to help celebrate the nuptials. But as it happens, the wedding is taking place right at the time Grant is in town.

Could he and his biological son be about to meet for the first time?

lizann
19-04-2016, 22:28
http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/19/eastenders-spoilers-is-grant-mitchells-secret-son-set-to-return-to-walford-5827926

There could be a shock in store for Grant Mitchell when he returns to Albert Square.

The eldest of the Mitchell siblings could be about to come face to face with a son he didn’t know he had 20 years ago.

In 1995 Grant had an almighty row with his ex-wife’s best friend Michelle Fowler about how he’d treated Sharon during their marriage, which resulted in a naughty one-night stand between the two.

Michelle ended up pregnant, and decided to hightail it out of Walford before anyone found out. She moved to America, where she had a boy and named him Mark after her late brother who died of an AIDS related illness.

Grant never officially found out that the kid was in fact his, but he could be about to.

20 years later and Grant’s secret son could be finally winging his way to Walford.

Michelle’s younger brother, Martin Fowler, is about to tie the knot with Stacey Branning. Usually at these kind of occasions family attend, and it’s thought that Mark – Martin’s nephew – might just turn up to help celebrate the nuptials. But as it happens, the wedding is taking place right at the time Grant is in town.

Could he and his biological son be about to meet for the first time?

lizann
08-05-2016, 00:11
back next week on screen

Perdita
08-05-2016, 05:03
​He's back! EastEnders has revealed this exciting first look at Ross Kemp's return as Grant Mitchell.

The newly-released picture shows Kemp's first scene back in the role, as he receives an unexpected phone call from Walford.

And the good news is that this first appearance will be hitting our screens earlier than expected - sometime this week.

Highly emotional scenes over the next few days will see Grant's mum Peggy return to Albert Square one last time, later discovering that her cancer has spread and her illness is terminal.

As Peggy's loved ones begin to rally round her, Grant receives news that his family needs him - leading to him making his long-awaited return to Walford.

But what will happen when Grant comes face-to-face with his brother Phil again? Will it be the family reunion that Peggy would hope for?

EastEnders fans will have to keep an eye out this week to find out which day Grant makes his first appearance. That's certainly one way to keep us all tuned in...

Digital Spy

Perdita
10-05-2016, 07:42
Grant Mitchell will turn to a former flame for support on EastEnders next week, as he struggles to cope with the news that his beloved mum Peggy is dying.

An unmissable week of episodes will kick off as Grant (Ross Kemp) makes a long-awaited return to Albert Square following the news that Peggy's cancer has spread and it's now terminal.
http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/19/1280x871/gallery-1462820824-soaps-eastenders-grant-mitchell-returns.jpg
Grant Mitchell arrives back from Portugal
© BBC

With emotions running higher than ever, it may not be the family reunion that Peggy has longed for as Phil (Steve McFadden) and Grant immediately start to clash.

After coming face-to-face for the first time in years, sparks fly as the tension builds between the Mitchell brothers. However, they could soon be forced to put their differences aside for the sake of their very unwell mum.

Grant, in particular, will struggle to come to terms with the news that Peggy is dying and is unable to accept her decision to not have further treatment to prolong her life.

With Peggy's final moments drawing closer, Grant finds himself turning to an old flame for support, but will they be able to resist temptation? And who is it?

Grant shares a romantic history with both his sister-in-law Sharon and Ian's wife Jane Beale, but fans will have to tune in to see who is the woman in question.
http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/19/1280x856/gallery-1462809140-10857746-high-res-eastenders.jpg
Dennis Rickman (Bleu Landau), Sharon Mitchell (LETITIA DEAN), Grant Mitchell (ROSS KEMP)Grant bumps into Sharon in the Square.
© BBC Kieron McCarron

EastEnders will airs these scenes in the week commencing Monday, May 16 on BBC One.

Digital Spy

Perdita
10-05-2016, 12:54
​It's the news we all wanted to hear - EastEnders legend Grant Mitchell WILL be returning again later on in the summer.

It's no secret that Ross Kemp has reprised his iconic role for Barbara Windsor's exit plot and viewers will see Grant reappear on screens later this week.

Grant's return was only ever billed to be temporary, and he will be coming back to bid a heartbreaking farewell to his dying mum Peggy.

But the good news is that he will be returning for another explosive plot, with EastEnders confirming to Digital Spy that Kemp will be back on the square over the summer.

Digital Spy

lizann
10-05-2016, 22:01
There are a lot of memories in Walford for Grant Mitchell as he returns to EastEnders – not least of all with the women in his life.

As the Mitchell hardman arrives back in Albert Square after hearing the news that his mum Peggy is dying, he is set to seek solace in an old flame. But as temptation comes knocking from a familiar face, will he give in to passion?

With Grant struggling to come to terms with Peggy’s decision not to fight her prognosis, he leans on an ex for support. But where is the rekindled closeness set to lead – and will there be regrets?

lizann
10-05-2016, 22:01
There are a lot of memories in Walford for Grant Mitchell as he returns to EastEnders – not least of all with the women in his life.

As the Mitchell hardman arrives back in Albert Square after hearing the news that his mum Peggy is dying, he is set to seek solace in an old flame. But as temptation comes knocking from a familiar face, will he give in to passion?

With Grant struggling to come to terms with Peggy’s decision not to fight her prognosis, he leans on an ex for support. But where is the rekindled closeness set to lead – and will there be regrets?

Perdita
13-07-2016, 09:01
It looks as if Ross Kemp's highly-awaited return to EastEnders will be a belter.

His hardman Grant Mitchell made a long-awaited visit to Albert Square recently for Peggy Mitchell's farewell - and will soon be back for another go-round.

"In the surreal year I've had, [it's been] Mozambique, Colombia, Syria, Iraq [for Sky documentary The Fight Against ISIS] - to Albert Square," he joked on The One Show on Tuesday (July 12).

Kemp then teased: "What I say is if you can do them both, why not? Three weeks in EastEnders. The episodes I'm in are split over the end of August and September.
http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/25/480x479/gallery-1466854071-screenshot-2016-06-25-122701.png
Ross Kemp finishes filming on EastEnders
© Twitter Ross Kemp
[Ross Kemp finishes filming on EastEnders]

"It's a very strong Mitchell storyline. It's the Mitchells back together!"

Producers previously hinted that Grant will be back to fulfil his recent promise to "bring a war" to his brother Phil.

Ross Kemp originally starred in EastEnders for a nine-year stretch, in which his rows with on-screen wife Sharon became stuff of soap legend.

Ross Kemp - The Fight Against ISIS airs on Thursday (July 14) at 9pm on Sky One.

Digital Spy

Perdita
02-08-2016, 07:59
EastEnders returnee Grant Mitchell will prove that old habits really do die hard next week when he gets passionate with a female resident.

Grant (Ross Kemp) has always had wandering eye when it comes to the opposite sex, and he will hook up with one lucky Walford lady in a bid to distract himself from his ongoing family problems.

After Sharon calls on Grant to help the Mitchells through their latest turmoil, he reluctantly returns to Walford - but his comeback only serves to bring about further complications.
http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/30/768x512/gallery-1469922657-soaps-eastenders-sharon-mitchell-phil-mitchell.jpg
Tensions continue to simmer between the Mitchells in EastEnders
© BBC
http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/30/768x512/gallery-1469921611-soaps-eastenders-sharon-mitchell-grant-mitchell-1.jpg
Sharon Mitchell tries to talk to Grant about Phil in EastEnders
© BBC
http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/30/768x512/gallery-1469921675-soaps-eastenders-sharon-mitchell-grant-mitchell-2.jpg
Sharon and Grant Mitchell chat about everything that's happened in EastEnders
© BBC
Grant is holding a huge amount of animosity towards his brother Phil - firstly, over their mother Peggy's death and secondly, over that money.

After the siblings have an almighty argument, both Sharon and Kathy do their best to keep the peace, but it soon becomes clear that Grant has other things on his mind.

After Sharon pleads with Phil to let his brother help, she is disappointed when she is later unable to find him - unaware that Grant has found himself in the arms of a fellow resident. But who? And how will Sharon feel if she finds out? :hmm:

EastEnders airs these scenes on Tuesday, August 9 at 7.30pm on BBC One.

Digital Spy

tammyy2j
02-08-2016, 14:16
Is it an ex like Kathy or a new lady maybe Belinda?

lizann
11-08-2016, 01:38
where is he off too again if has lost his pub and home in portugal, any chance he left bells a present of another little mitchell :p

Perdita
06-09-2016, 20:10
We always knew it would happen one day but EastEnders has just imploded its 21-year secret as Grant Mitchell finally discovered that he was Mark Junior's father.

Phil (Steve McFadden) decided to come clean with his brother following an unbelievably tough day that had seen him end up in hospital after collapsing and Ben and Jay get kidnapped.

Back in August, Phil found out that Grant (Ross Kemp) had fathered a child with Michelle Fowler during a one-night stand in 1995. But his wife Sharon had persuaded him to keep it a secret.

However, a fragile Phil went back on his promise to Sharon tonight - telling Grant the truth as he laid helplessly in his hospital bed.

Phil was feeling grateful to Grant after he returned Ben (somewhat) safely, and also brushed off the money that he had previously demanded was paid back.

Acknowledging that Grant had a right to know the truth, Phil said: "I can't pay you the money I owe you and I can't return the father as far as Ben is concerned. But there is something you need to know. Call this me doing something for you.

Mark - I only found out a bit ago myself but Michelle wrote to mum before she died. He's your kid, Grant. Mark is your son."

The episode had seen Grant unknowingly team up with his son in a bid to rescue Ben and Jay, but hadn't been backwards in coming forwards where Michelle was concerned.

All eyes will now be on Grant as he processes the news about his long-lost child, but the big question now is - will Mark learn the truth too?

Digital Spy

tammyy2j
07-09-2016, 00:05
I am glad he knows but felt the reveal and episode was a let down maybe the aftermath will be better

Perdita
07-09-2016, 07:10
EastEnders fans may need to make the most of Grant Mitchell's recent return, as Ross Kemp doubts he will be back again.

Last night's episode saw Grant return to Walford for the fourth time this year and he has headed straight into the centre of the action. But it could well be the last time we see our favourite bad boy.

"I think they're done with me," Ross told Digital Spy. "When they invited me back, it was under an old producer - they've not mentioned to me that they want me to go back again.

"It was in the back of my mind that when I went back the second time, everyone said I'd suddenly become some kind of worthy individual, so I went back to try to play him from the old psychopathic Mitchell that he was and hopefully that will entertain, for a period.

"But it's not long haul for me. This [making his Sky1 documentary films] is my passion - though I enjoy both of them. If someone offered me a lovely part in a nice drama, I'd do it without a shadow of a doubt, as long as it didn't interrupt my documentary work."

Ross also admitted that he hasn't watched any of his recent episodes, but thoroughly enjoyed being reunited with his former co-stars Steve McFadden and Letitia Dean.

"I've not seen any of it yet, so I don't know how well I did, or how badly I did," he said.

"Hopefully I just fitted in with the cast. The cast were lovely, everyone was great. Do you know what? It wasn't a holiday, because it was hard work. But a change was as good as a rest, in many respects, and it was great to work with Steve again, with Letitia.

"It brought back lots of weird thoughts and memories. I was there for 10 years and you become quite institutionalised there. It is a world within a world, where you spend more time with your pretend family than you do with your real family."

Ross Kemp: Extreme World begins tonight (Wednesday, September 7) at 9pm on Sky1.

Perdita
28-01-2017, 05:44
There's been loads of speculation lately on whether Grant Mitchell will be making a return to Walford for good, now that Michelle Fowler (the baby mama of his son Mark Jr) is back on the square.

And it seems Ross Kemp isn't ruling anything out just yet. Speaking to OK! Online, he said: "You know what, in life, particularly if you work in television, who knows? Never rule out anything!"

Grant briefly returned to Albert Square last year for his mum Peggy Mitchell's final episodes.
http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/27/768x517/gallery-1467656262-soaps-emmerdale-grant-mitchell-returns-1.jpg
Grant Mitchell returns to EastEnders for Peggy's funeral
© BBC
At the time, executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins said: "Grant Mitchell is an EastEnders legend and finally he is returning home to Walford to say goodbye to his mother and be reunited not just with his old loves but also his brother.

"We are all so excited finally to have Ross back on the Square - and to have Ross Kemp, Barbara Windsor, Steve McFadden, Letitia Dean and Gillian Taylforth all on screen together at the same time."
http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/19/768x509/gallery-1462807590-10858057-high-res-eastenders.jpg
Grant Mitchell (ROSS KEMP), Peggy Mitchell (BARBARA WINDSOR), Phil Mitchell (STEVE MCFADDEN) *STRICTLY NOT FOR PUBLICATION UNTIL 00:01HRS, TUESDAY 10th MAY, 2016* ***FORTNIGHTLIES PLEASE DO NOT USE (SOAP LIFE AND ALL ABOUT SOAP) Grant & Phil take Peggy's arms and walk her home across the Square.
© BBC KIERON MCCARRON

Kemp first appeared in EastEnders in 1990 and left in 1999, but has since made a couple of brief returns.

Digital Spy

lizann
31-10-2020, 23:01
on line talk he is returning