PDA

View Full Version : 'Neighbours' actor glad plot was axed

Perdita
05-01-2010, 14:57
Neighbours star Ryan Moloney has claimed that plans for his character to adopt a child illegally were "ridiculous".

In 2008, viewers saw fan favourite Toadfish Rebecchi falsely claiming that he had lived in Indonesia for 12 months as he tried to adopt an East Timorese orphan.

However, producers eventually put a halt to the storyline at the last minute and Toadie went on to welcome mischievous Callum Jones (Morgan Baker) into his life instead.

Moloney told TV Week: "At first, they wanted to have Toadie adopt a kid from East Timor illegally, which I thought was just ridiculous. And it was just to spite Steph! I was like, 'What are we doing?'

"Then we never mentioned it again, which I think is worse. We just don't talk about that now, but having Callum there is really cool."

Praising the lawyer's relationship with Callum, he added: "I like that quite often Toadie doesn't know how to be a parent. He gets angry and frustrated. Then Callum gets angry and frustrated back at him - it's great!"

DS

LostVoodoo
06-01-2010, 13:24
it does all sound rather ridiculous, is there a Madonna fan on the Neighbours writing team? plus we got Callum instead, much better all round.

Perdita
06-01-2010, 13:27
I agree, he would have lost all credibility as a solicitor if he had adopted illegally and I like Callum and Toadie together, I think they make a great team.

Abbie
06-01-2010, 23:14
Callum is great! they are so good together

freckleface
07-01-2010, 09:41
callum and toadie are great together, they make me laugh soooo much sometimes :D