PDA

View Full Version : The Simpsons

lizann
05-01-2010, 11:37
David Beckham was apparently turned down for a cameo on The Simpsons because producers didn't think he was famous enough.

The footballer and style icon may have posed in nothing but his pants on a giant billboard for Armani underwear, but he was not turned into a yellow cartoon to meet Bart and Homer as executives behind the hit TV show felt he wasn't well known enough in the US.

Executive producer Al Jean told The Daily Mirror: "I had to phone David Beckham to tell him sorry - I didn't think he was a big enough star for an American audience."

He added: "I got a lot of grief about that.

"Some people got angry about it and told me, 'I bet you would have put George Best on'. But I would have turned him down too."

British celebrities to have guest starred on The Simpsons include Ricky Gervais and Emily Blunt - and Simon Cowell is about to male his third cameo appearance this year.

Dazzle
05-01-2010, 11:41
Poor David...

Siobhan
05-01-2010, 11:45
I don't think poor David.. if he is not famous enough in US, then no point having him on the show, unless they do a UK special.

lizann
05-01-2010, 11:51
I thought Beckham mania was huge in the US with him playing for LA Galaxy and being pally pally with Tom Cruise and Snoop Dogg

He is also in the advert for Calfornia with Arnie

Dazzle
05-01-2010, 11:52
I was being sarcastic when I said "poor David".

Abbie
14-01-2010, 15:49
I thought they were annoyed of them

Perdita
01-04-2010, 13:37
Liverpool school children will be shown episodes of The Simpsons in order to curb violence in the classroom.

Pupils at eight schools will watch clips featuring the show's cartoon characters Itchy and Scratchy trying to kill each other in an attempt to explain the effects of violent behaviour, the Daily Star reports.

Support After Murder and Manslaughter (SAMM) Merseyside is running the project, which is aimed at nine to 11-year-olds, alongside Merseyside police and crime-cutting group Citysafe.

SAMM Merseyside chairman Gaynor Bell told the newspaper: "We are trying to get the message across that any action you take has a consequence."

The Simpsons, which has broadcast over 400 episodes, is the longest-running programme in American history.

DS

tammyy2j
21-06-2010, 15:27
Comedian Russell Brand is to appear in an episode of The Simpsons.

Brand, who is currently promoting new film Get Him to the Greek in London, has revealed he will soon be appearing in the long-running cartoon.

He told a newspaper: "It's true I'm going to be in The Simpsons. I was having an amazing birthday party and found out I was going into space. Then my agent says, 'Oh, 'The Simpsons' want you in an episode.' Once you've gone yellow, you've made it."

The actor - who used to present Big Brother's Big Mouth - is so excited about voicing the part of a cartoon alter-ego, he has his own idea of how he wants the episode to go.

He added: "My ideal show would be where I have a cartoon relapse with Barney and Homer and get smashed out of my mind with them."

Perdita
08-10-2011, 06:08
The Simpsons has been renewed for two more seasons.

Fox has announced that the Matt Groening animation has been ordered for a 24th and 25th season.

The renewal follows reports that the show's future was in jeopardy due to a contract dispute between the show's voice actors and the network.

Fox had previously said in a statement: "We believe this brilliant series can and should continue, but we cannot produce future seasons under its current financial model.

"We are hopeful that we can reach an agreement with the voice cast that allows The Simpsons to go on entertaining audiences with original episodes for many years to come."

It was later claimed that several Simpsons producers had indicated a willingness to take a pay cut in order to keep the show on the air.

Fox did not reveal the terms of the new deal with the actors and producers.

The Simpsons first premiered in December 1989. It is the longest-running American sitcom, the longest-running American animated programme and the longest-running American primetime scripted television series in history.

New episodes resume on Fox at 8/7c on October 30 with 'Treehouse of Horror XXII'.