PDA

View Full Version : Pussycat Dolls storm the charts with fitness DVD

Perdita
03-01-2010, 07:38
DON'T CHA wish your stomach was as toned as this...

The Pussycat Dolls have stormed to the top of the fitness DVD charts with their sexy new workout video.

The former burlesque dancers smashed tough competition from more traditional fitness gurus including Davina McCall and Rosemary Conley to be the number one selling DVD at Tesco.

It is the first time that a pop group has taken the number one slot.

KITTY CAT CUTE: Pussycat Dolls show off their toned physiques
KITTY CAT CUTE: Pussycat Dolls show off their toned physiques

Tesco DVD buyer Keith Metcalfe said: "The Pussycat Dolls have had a brilliant year with a huge world tour, a great hit from the soundtrack of Slumdog Millionaire and now to crown it all they are the UK's new fitness queens for 2010.

"For group leader Nicole Scherzinger it marks an even more remarkable year as she's become one of the most photographed celebrities around.

"In the last few years we've seen Natalie Cassidy from Eastenders and model Kelly Brooke with Strictly Come Dancing dancer Flavia become the UK's fitness DVD gurus, but this is the first time we've ever had a pop group take the No1 spot."

TESCO TOP-SELLER: Pussycat Dolls Workout DVD
TESCO TOP-SELLER: Pussycat Dolls Workout DVD

Stunning Scherzinger is the missus of race ace Lewis Hamilton, and is carving out a successful solo career away from the other Dolls.

And now the puurfect pussycat has raced into pole position in the New Year fitness DVD market too.

The workout was crafted by top choreographer Robin Antin, who created the Pussycat Dolls.

Tesco have already sold thousands of copies and sales show no sign of slowing down.

Post-Christmas sales of fitness DVDs at the UK's biggest supermarket are up 55 per cent on the same period last year.

In the last six years workout videos have become a major industry in themselves with the UK market now worth an estimated £30 million a year.

And top soap stars, TV presenters and reality TV contestants are keen to get a slice of the pie.

Keith Metcalfe added: "During January, keep fit DVDs are so popular they even outsell many Hollywood blockbuster films as people look to start the new year by getting themselves in shape by exercising at home."

Top selling fitness DVDs at Tesco:

1. Pussycat Dolls - The Pussycat Dolls Workout

2. Davina McCall - Fit

3. Ministry Of Sound - Pump It Up

4. Hannah Waterman - Body Blitz

5. Tracey Anderson - Mat Workout

6. Coleen Nolan - Let's Get Physical

7. Trudie Styler - Mind, Body, Fitness

8. A Fame Dance Workout

9. Jessie Wallace - Look At Me Now Workout

10. Rosemary Conley - Real Results For Real Women Workout

NOTW

.:SpIcYsPy:.
03-01-2010, 11:54
Have to say, when I first saw the advert I was tempted to buy it.. Who knows, I might one day :p

Chloe O'brien
04-01-2010, 01:25
I'm thinking of buying Hannah Waterman's but I've got the wii fit and wii fit plus games. I should just give myself a kick up the ass and use them.