PDA

View Full Version : pop stars

chance
08-06-2005, 14:17
Music is always one of the things Housemates miss most during their stay under Big Brother's watchful eye (no prizes for guessing what else might feature on the list!). It only makes sense then that they belt out a few songs for their own entertainment, but which of this year's bunch is a true pop idol?

Lesley certainly isn't afraid to put on a full-length musical for the group, often not even pausing for an interval. On one occasion she virtually became a human jukebox answering every request thrown at her. Standing in the centre of the lounge, she rattled out show tunes and big ballads non-stop.

However, she was upstaged that evening by best mate Craig who stunned all with his rendition of Britney's Hit Me Baby One More Time, complete with schoolgirl costume. What he lacked in technique he made up for with sheer enthusiasm.

Ballads are clearly a big favourite on the Big Brother jukebox. One of the quieter Housemates, Vanessa, also surprised everyone by belting out Mariah Carey's Hero in a duet with Lesley to the point where the elusive one was on the verge of tears.
Partners in crime Makosi and self-proclaimed diva Kemal also enjoy a ballad or two. Makosi is particularly partial to anything by her idol Whitney Houston. Together the pair produced heart-warming version of The Greatest Love of All.

But Saskia's contribution to the Whitney tribute wasn't much appreciated. Caught up in the moment, Saskia made the mistake of joining in on the chorus and received a stern look from melodic Makosi who yelped, "You sound better than me!"

Thankfully it's not all tear-jerking tunes. Although Derek favours R Kelly and Toni Braxton, he's also happy to reel off some poetry and has been known to flex his vocal cords with some warm-up exercises.

Science also adds a different flavour with his rapping. He even encourages others to test out their lyrical skills. Marking Sam's recovery of her make-up bag Science and Anthony rapped, "Sam's lost her bag, but now it's found. She's looking good and feeling sound." Such talent.

The rest of the bunch however, shouldn't be troubling the charts any time soon. Roberto's tuneless crooning is only made bearable by his charming Italian accent while Maxwell's football chants left Mary cringing and managed to silence a whole room. Sam's over zealous stab at I Had the Time of My Life was so offensive that Craig, Vanessa and Lesley were forced to go to the Diary Room to complain.

Nevertheless, with the House bursting with so much talent surely a Big Brother single is on its way? You have been warned