PDA

View Full Version : Britain's Got Talent 2010

Perdita
29-12-2009, 07:19
They assaulted the nation’s eardrums on Popstars: The Rivals eight years ago when they invited us to touch their bums.

And now the Cheeky Girls are back. But thankfully, they’re not singing.

Romanian twins Monica and Gabriela Irimia are to star in Britain’s Got Talent – as ballroom dancers.

Excited producers are lining up the duo as one of the main attractions of the new series, which is back on our screens in April. They have even given Simon Cowell glowing reports, saying they could be one of the biggest surprises.

A production source said: “You can imagine the groans when the girls are wheeled on stage. Everyone will be expecting them to sing another one of their dreadful songs.

“But instead, they will be joined by two men for a routine that will have the panel gobsmacked. No one will be expecting it – and the biggest surprise is that they’re actually brilliant dancers.

“The audition will definitely be a massive talking point afterwards and that’s something Cowell will relish.”

Advertisement - article continues below »
EarthShare

The girls queued up for hours for their first audition at the Business Design Centre in Islington, North London, two weeks before Christmas.

The first rounds were held before a panel of producers instead of judges Simon, Piers Morgan and Amanda Holden.

The source added: “As soon as they danced a foxtrot, the producers’ jaws dropped. They were expecting another tedious bout of singing but instead they got something rather special.”

Monica and Gabriela, who are trained ballet dancers, recently starred in the Romanian equivalent of Strictly Come Dancing – and Monica went on to win.

A source added: “They are very accomplished dancers and they know their act will go down a storm in the UK.”

The Cheeky Girls, now 26, came to the UK when they were 19. Their single The Cheeky Girls (Touch My Bum) peaked at No2 in December 2002.

Despite being voted the worst pop record of all time in a Channel 4 poll, it sold a staggering 1.2 million copies.

Abbie
29-12-2009, 20:13
Somone on here should audition!!!

Meh
29-12-2009, 20:22
I nominate Abbie

Abbie
29-12-2009, 20:39
I nominate you

Meh
30-12-2009, 03:08
I have no talent though. You do.

Perdita
27-01-2010, 10:11
The new series of Britain's Got Talent will feature a man with a skill for regurgitating objects on demand, a report has revealed.

Show hopeful Stevie Starr, who calls himself The Regurgitator, is said to have put on a memorable display at auditions in Manchester last week.

A source told the Daily Record: "Stevie went on stage and swallowed a number of different coins. He asked the judges and audience which one they wanted back and brought it back up in order. It is a unique skill and he does have talent.

"But I'm not sure it is something you would want to see on the Royal Variety Performance. It is going to make for interesting viewing."

Starr, who is aged 39 and originally from Glasgow, has reportedly appeared on a number of international TV shows in the past, but remains relatively unknown in the UK.

Britain's Got Talent will return to ITV1 later this year.

:sick:

Chloe O'brien
27-01-2010, 11:19
Why on earth are the cheeky girls getting to audtion again for a reality show. They have had their chance and were rubbish the first time around.

Siobhan
27-01-2010, 13:23
I have no talent though. You do.

Well it seems like you don't need talent the amount of people who get on that show.. and they went through a previous judging panel?? why let them back again??

Perdita
11-02-2010, 11:45
Britain's Got Talent is today facing fresh criticism for allowing young children to compete on the show.

The inclusion of 4-year-old Michael Jackson impersonator Kayim-Ali Jaffer in this year's series has drawn comment from the leading children's charity Kidscape.

Jaffer is thought to have recently wowed judges Simon Cowell, Piers Morgan and Amanda Holden at the audition stages, and he has since been tipped as a "shoe-in" for the semi-finals.

However, Kidscape director Claude Knights told the Daily Mail: "He may be talented but you have to remember that this little boy has only been talking for a few years - now he is performing in front of a huge audience and will be seen by millions.

"Unless he wins he is also going to have to deal with rejection. I am not sure it is fair to have someone so young compete like that. It seems that the age at which people are appearing on these programmes is getting younger. What next? 2-year-olds on stage and then being voted on or off Britain's Got Talent?"

Controversy over young competitors on the ITV1 series first began last year when child acts like Hollie Steel and Natalie Okri broke down in tears on the live shows.

However, panellists Morgan and Holden have always insisted that children should be allowed to take part.

Abbie
11-02-2010, 15:55
Yeah they are always going to have problems with that

Perdita
12-02-2010, 09:25
A young Britain's Got Talent hopeful has been tipped as the 'new Duffy' by show judge Amanda Holden.

Katie Thornett, 14, is believed to have impressed the panel and received a standing ovation from the audience after performing Etta James's 'At Last' during a recent auditions round in London.

The Sun reports that Holden told her: "I loved it. You have a lovely quality to your voice - a bit Duffy-esque with that '60s sound."

Piers Morgan reportedly described Thornett's talent as "incredible", while Simon Cowell commented: "You started the song great, but you ran out of puff half-way through."

Thornett's performance followed disappointment over the poor quality of acts auditioning for the ITV1 series this year.

A source said: "The judges were impressed with Katie after so many terrible acts."

lizann
12-02-2010, 11:08
I think Louis Walsh is helping with the judging for Simon as he was off sick

Perdita
15-02-2010, 17:45
A Britain's Got Talent contestant has offered to show his willy to judge Amanda Holden in private.

Matthew Whelan, 30, performed on bongo drums and harmonica at his auditions earlier this year, reports the Daily Star.

However, during the try-outs, the ITV1 show's judges were apparently more interested in Whelan's tattoos, which cover his entire body.

Holden, 38, asked him: "Are you tattooed everywhere? Even down there?"

Speaking afterwards about his body art, Whelan said: "I have a willy that has been tattooed blue. Most girls think it's a bit odd when they see it. They think I'm pretty brave to have had it done. But it has never put them off.

"I'm single and if Amanda wants to see it, then she's welcome. I do fancy her and I think she had a bit of a twinkle in her eye for me."

Britain's Got Talent returns in the late spring to ITV1.

:lol:

Perdita
16-02-2010, 06:35
SIMON Cowell was left stunned at Britain's Got Talent auditions after a woman clown pulled out a knife on stage - and cut off her BRA.

Gill Black - who was riding a unicycle in her knickers and high heels - used two mini-Union flags to cover her modesty.

Gill, 39, who appeared under stage name Paisley X, shocked the judges and the 3,000-strong audience with her bizarre act at London's Hammersmith Apollo.

Simon backed her saying: "What you did was quite clever. I've never seen anyone get their kit off on one of those before."

But Gill, of Brighton, didn't make it into the next round because fellow judges Piers Morgan and Amanda Holden voted her out.

A show insider said: "When Gill cut her bra off the judges couldn't believe it!"

Gill goes fully topless in other non-TV performances featured on her website.

Live Britain's Got Talent shows begin on ITV1 in mid-April.

The Sun

Perdita
01-04-2010, 13:28
Amanda Holden has said that the upcoming series of Britain's Got Talent will be the "funniest" yet.

The reality TV show judge claimed that she could not reveal much about the show, but promised that the acts competing this year would provide "full on" variety.

"It's coming soon. All the details are very sketchy. All I can tell you is that is the funniest series we've done so far. The variety is full on this year," Holden told Micky Gavin and Lynne Hoggan on Real Radio.

"It's completely different to last year and previous years. It was a complete laugh and it is back on soon."

Britain's Got Talent returns later this month on ITV1.

DS

tammyy2j
13-04-2010, 14:12
Its back Saturday 17th of April

Perdita
16-04-2010, 08:00
Simon Cowell has admitted that he is hoping to find the "next Lassie" on this year's edition of Britain's Got Talent.

Speaking during the first episode of the fourth series, the 50-year-old judge confirms tabloid speculation that he would like a canine victor on the talent show.

"Personally, I would love to find the next Lassie. A really, really talented dog act. That's what I'd like," he says.

However, during the auditions at Birmingham, Cowell misses one of the stand-out dog performers due to illness. Louis Walsh and Amanda Holden give a standing ovation to Tina and her ballet dancing pooch Chandi.

"Chandi, you are the most talented dog we have seen on the show. You are an accomplished dancer," adds Piers Morgan.

Meanwhile, Cowell's co-star Holden claims that she would prefer an old-fashioned "variety act" to win the 2010 crown. "Something that we have never seen before," she says.

Morgan continues: "Last year was so different, so special, produced so many stars - the pressure is really on."

Britain's Got Talent airs on Saturday at 8pm on ITV1.

Surely a ballet dancing dog will not keep you entertained for very long, can't see too much variety in that :nono:

Perdita
17-04-2010, 20:09
SIMON Cowell last night said he's ready to QUIT Britain's Got Talent - because it attracts so many "horrific" contestants.

The hit reality show returns to ITV tonight - and the veteran judge claimed the stream of potty performances puts his future on it in doubt.

He told The Sun: "There are times when you watch these horrific acts and you genuinely think you can't go on.

"I like doing the show but it takes a hell of a lot of time.

"Eventually something has to give. Can I see it working without me? Yes."

He said if he sticks with it in 2011 he may skip the auditions - shipping up when the live finals start.

That would mean he only has to work on the show for ONE WEEK.

Simon - who plans to launch the X Factor in the US next year - said: "What we're looking at is whether I come in at a later stage. It's something I'm considering for next year."

Eye-popping acts on tonight's show include a parrot that eats mash, a man known as The Burper and a woman with a penguin puppet.

Her act sees her inflate rubber gloves, first with a hosepipe and then with a teapot.

After witnessing the penguin lady, Simon exclaims: "What the hell? I'm not going to be back next year. I'm not kidding. I can't do this anymore. I'm 50 years old."

But despite his bluster he says the new series is packed with talent - and tips a dog named Chandi as a potential winner. The pooch auditions tonight.

Simon raved: "Chandi is my favourite. She is one of the best dancing dogs I've ever seen. She does ballet."

Meanwhile, he says he has been so busy with BGT and making plans for X Factor in the US that he has yet to set a wedding date.

Cowell is due to marry make-up artist fiancée Mezhgan Hussainy, 36.

He said: "Everything's fine but I've spent the last six weeks in LA working flat out."

However, his brother Tony yesterday revealed that their mum Julie has wedding matters well in hand.

He said: "My mum is over in LA sorting out the lovebirds and coming back hopefully with a wedding date."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/britain_got_talent/2936186/Simon-Cowell-reveals-hes-ready-to-quit-Britains-Got-Talent.html#ixzz0lO0B3f9L

Katy
18-04-2010, 09:32
Well it was back bizarre as ever last night!

THat little girl who sung Vera Lynn was good.

Perdita
18-04-2010, 10:32
Sure were some stranger characters on lol, yes, the little girl singing the Veral Lynn song was brilliant :clap:

Perdita
19-04-2010, 03:58
SIMON Cowell last night said he's ready to QUIT Britain's Got Talent - because it attracts so many "horrific" contestants.

MAX & IRENE
Mash-up ... parrot act

The hit reality show returns to ITV tonight - and the veteran judge claimed the stream of potty performances puts his future on it in doubt.

He told The Sun: "There are times when you watch these horrific acts and you genuinely think you can't go on.

"I like doing the show but it takes a hell of a lot of time.

"Eventually something has to give. Can I see it working without me? Yes."

He said if he sticks with it in 2011 he may skip the auditions - shipping up when the live finals start.

Paul Hunn
Bonkers ... The Burper

That would mean he only has to work on the show for ONE WEEK.

Simon - who plans to launch the X Factor in the US next year - said: "What we're looking at is whether I come in at a later stage. It's something I'm considering for next year."

Eye-popping acts on tonight's show include a parrot that eats mash, a man known as The Burper and a woman with a penguin puppet.

Her act sees her inflate rubber gloves, first with a hosepipe and then with a teapot.

CHANDI
Simon's fave ... Chandi

After witnessing the penguin lady, Simon exclaims: "What the hell? I'm not going to be back next year. I'm not kidding. I can't do this anymore. I'm 50 years old."

But despite his bluster he says the new series is packed with talent - and tips a dog named Chandi as a potential winner. The pooch auditions tonight.

Simon raved: "Chandi is my favourite. She is one of the best dancing dogs I've ever seen. She does ballet."

Advertisement
Quantcast

Meanwhile, he says he has been so busy with BGT and making plans for X Factor in the US that he has yet to set a wedding date.

Cowell is due to marry make-up artist fiancée Mezhgan Hussainy, 36.

He said: "Everything's fine but I've spent the last six weeks in LA working flat out."

However, his brother Tony yesterday revealed that their mum Julie has wedding matters well in hand.

He said: "My mum is over in LA sorting out the lovebirds and coming back hopefully with a wedding date."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/britain_got_talent/2936186/Simon-Cowell-reveals-hes-ready-to-quit-Britains-Got-Talent.html#ixzz0lVkht1BE

lizann
19-04-2010, 13:59
Simon Cowell has tipped Katie Price to replace him on Britain's Got Talent.

The music mogul today admitted that he might not continue as a judge, alongside Piers Morgan and Amanda Holden, on the ITV1 talent show next year.

What the hell does she know about talent she is a twit with two fake tits if Simon dont want to do it add Louis Walsh or Elton John

Siobhan
19-04-2010, 14:18
post on behalf of Perdita:

Simon Cowell has tipped Katie Price to replace him on Britain's Got Talent.

The music mogul today admitted that he might not continue as a judge, alongside Piers Morgan and Amanda Holden, on the ITV1 talent show next year.

The Daily Star quotes Cowell as saying: "Whoever takes over has to really know what they are talking about. You have to spot a star, nurture them, mentor them."

Britain's Got Talent starts tonight at 8pm on ITV1.

Perdita
02-05-2010, 14:48
Simon Cowell is apparently scaling back his involvement in Britain's Got Talent because he is becoming increasingly annoyed at Piers Morgan and Amanda Holden's choice of acts.

Cowell has told friends that he believes his fellow judges are backing poor quality performances to simply "wind him up". Morgan and Holden have endorsed five performers in the past three auditions against his wishes and the News Of The World reports that the 50-year-old has had enough.

A source said: "Piers and Amanda take great joy in saying yes to performers they know Simon will hate but it hasn't gone down well.

"He's annoyed they're putting through acts that shouldn't even be on TV, let alone in the final stages of the world's leading talent contest. Simon has just had enough of them messing about and not seeming to take it seriously - that's why he's off."

Cowell confirmed last week that he will not be appearing at the auditions in next year's show, but will join the panel at the semi-final stage.

He cited the US launch of The X Factor as playing a role in his decision, describing it as a "huge challenge". But the insider said Cowell is becoming increasingly confused as to why some acts are being put through to the later stages of the ITV1 talent contest.

"They're not good enough to win, and Simon knows it. He feels he has more important things to do in life," the source said.

It appears to me like that too, Piers and Amanda have backed hpeless acts recently

tammyy2j
10-05-2010, 11:47
That old lady Janey was great

Its not as good as last year's show though

moonstorm
10-05-2010, 13:28
Also thought Janey was brill - what a voice. dont think we have seen the winning act yet.

Siobhan
10-05-2010, 13:34
Also thought Janey was brill - what a voice. dont think we have seen the winning act yet.

See was brill.. i like the backward dancing guy and that gymnastic group, they were different and exciting to watch

moonstorm
10-05-2010, 14:37
Himmm yes I agree but do you think they were winners?

Siobhan
10-05-2010, 14:39
I mean if it is just for the variety show then I would think the gymnastic team could be winners but don't they also like to pick the ones Simon can make money on???

moonstorm
10-05-2010, 14:45
Very true Shiv, I mean he really doesn't have enough yet!!

Perdita
15-05-2010, 11:19
A comedy dance act perform to the theme tune of EastEnders on this week's Britain's Got Talent.

The duo Twist & Pulse, who describe themselves as "streetomedy", perform high energy routines with jokes thrown in. Their music includes tracks by the Cheeky Girls and the classic BBC One soap theme.

Speaking to Ant & Dec, Glen and Ashley say: "We've been training and preparing for this day for weeks and weeks and weeks in our kitchen. Because we're best mates we actually have a strong bond in our performance.

"We're comfortable with each other on the stage so it gives a strong performance. To win Britain's Got Talent would honestly mean the world to us."

An impressed Piers Morgan comments afterwards: "I thought that was terrific. That is one of the most exciting, original routines we've seen."

Amanda Holden adds: "I think you just showed us a glimpse of the future."

Simon Cowell is less convinced by the pair, arguing that there is "a lot of room for improvement" with their performance.

Watch Twist & Pulse on Britain's Got Talent tonight at 8pm on ITV1.

moonstorm
17-05-2010, 10:21
Twist and Pulse were so cute on Saturday, glad they got through. Give inspiration to all who make up dance routines in their bedrooms lol.

Chloe O'brien
17-05-2010, 12:33
I have to admit when they were talking to Ant & Dec before the went on stage. I thought oh no another Jedward. I thought they'd be rubbish but they were great.

Siobhan
17-05-2010, 13:02
I have to admit when they were talking to Ant & Dec before the went on stage. I thought oh no another Jedward. I thought they'd be rubbish but they were great.

I thought the same too but they surprised me a lot... that impersonater was really great too.. found him really funny

Perdita
22-05-2010, 08:22
Executives have nicknamed the current series "the cash Cowell" after bosses added a 30-minute results show each night for the final week, to follow the 90-minute live marathon.

They have moved Coronation Street to 9pm so it sits between the shows...and ensures viewers stay gripped to their seats.

Britain's Got Talent was the biggest telly show of 2009, with a huge peak audience of 19.2million for the final result.

ITV director of television Peter Fincham said: "With the live drama of Britain's Got Talent and the explosive return of one of Coronation Street's most notorious villains, it's a huge week."

But insiders fear viewers could get too much of a good thing, with the results ceremony each night and a double dose of Britain's Got More Talent on ITV2.

One exec said: "Ratings are still incredible despite being down a million from when it stated this series. But we still have no stand-out act like Susan Boyle.

To have any show screening two hours a night for a week is a massive gamble. There is a risk it will end turning viewers off."

ITV predicts advertising revenue up 22% yearon-year on the back of BGT and the World Cup. But boss Adam Crozier warns the windfall could be lost if the Government cuts ad spending.

Bgt semis start on May 31 with a 60-minute follow up on ITV2.

Corrrie will be shown each weeknight at 9pm for the first time. Six episodes, the first in HD, are planned, one at 7pm on Monday and others nightly at 9pm.

They will show killer Tony Gordon's dramatic jail break - and his chilling bid to get even with enemies in Weatherfield.

This year BGT airs daily from 7.30pm to 9pm.

Perdita
30-05-2010, 07:06
Diversity have confirmed that they will be performing in this year's Britain's Got Talent. live semi-finals.

Writing on Twitter, the dance troupe - who triumphed on the reality show last year - emphasised that they are busy rehearsing.

Ike Ezekwugo, the group's youngest member, said: "so its like this, we performing on
BGT semi final on monday :) we at the studio nw wrking on a new set.

"rehearsal rehearsals rehearsals..thats the way forward now..have to
smash it on bgt chyyeeeaah (sic)."

Diversity will be joined by other former successful acts from the show, as well as established stars.

The Britain's Got Talent semi-finals begin on Monday from 7.30pm.

tammyy2j
31-05-2010, 10:01
There is way too many dance acts this year

Siobhan
31-05-2010, 10:05
I hope the acrobat act wins this year.. they were fantastic..

Katy
01-06-2010, 21:47
i think that britains ran out of talent! The acts just arent good this year from what i can remember of other years. Love the Chandi the dog,

tammyy2j
02-06-2010, 10:13
That small boyband cant sing they were all out of tune

moonstorm
02-06-2010, 10:20
I know, I thought they would go through cos their mums would have spent a fortune voting for them! Loved the dog, made me cry (nothing new there mind you!).

tammyy2j
02-06-2010, 14:04
Eight acts, including dance troupe Starburst, 10-year-old singer Chloe Hickinbottom, comedian Paul Burling and Madonna impressionist Phillip Grimmer, will battle it out this evening to join them on the bill.
Dancer Jimmy Forde, street act Peridot, singer Christopher Stone and pop-classical group The Arrangement complete the lineup.

Siobhan
02-06-2010, 14:14
Phillip Grimmer is the most ridiculous act I have ever seen.. How is that talent?? I can do Madonna better than him...

megan999
02-06-2010, 17:08
That small boyband cant sing they were all out of tune
I agree! I don't know the song, but even if you don't know the song and you have an ear for music you can hear they were out of tune :p Loved Tina and Chandi, but I prefered it when the dog did ballet. Regarding tonight, that Madonna impersonator, Phillip, he's so cr@p, I think the judges have lost their marbles! The Lady Gaga impersonator was better - and he couldn't even sing or play the keyboard well :thumbsdow

tammyy2j
03-06-2010, 10:45
Last year's show was way way better

Siobhan
03-06-2010, 10:53
Who got through last night? I missed the results show.. I thought the impressionist was really really funny.

Chloe O'brien
03-06-2010, 11:36
The Impressionist guy won the public vote and the shy accountant singer. He was up against perido the dance group but Piers and Amanda voted against them.

moonstorm
03-06-2010, 11:43
Considering I don't really like impressionist, I really liked that guy. Was glad the singer got through, he is so nice.

Siobhan
03-06-2010, 12:03
The Impressionist guy won the public vote and the shy accountant singer. He was up against perido the dance group but Piers and Amanda voted against them.

The impressionist had my son falling about the place laughing especially when he did Phil Mitchell.. I like Peridot.. they were different but also like the shy accountant guy..

tammyy2j
03-06-2010, 12:04
The lineups for the last two Britain's Got Talent semi-finals has been confirmed.

Sixteen more acts will compete over the next two days hoping to win the last four slots in Saturday's grand final, where they will join Christopher Stone, Tobias Mead, Spelbound, Connected, Tina & Chandi and Paul Burling.

This evening's contestants include dance troupes Ice, Team Shaolin and The Fusion, singer Emile Harris and 9-year-old Tyler Patterson. Completing the bill are Janey Cutler, Twist & Pulse and comedy singer Mark James.

Friday's semi-final will feature dance collectives A3, Dance Flavourz and Myztikal, and 14-year-old singer Liam McNally. Drummer Kieran Gaffney, the Chippendoubles, Father and Son and pole dancer Alesia Vazmitsel will also perform.

Britain's Got Talent continues tonight at 7.30pm on ITV1.

megan999
03-06-2010, 17:36
I hope that Twist and Pulse get through tonight, I thought they were great in the auditions :D

Perdita
03-06-2010, 17:41
They were fantastic, I agree with you, megan :)

moonstorm
03-06-2010, 20:27
Twist n Pulse the best so far. :cheer:

Perdita
03-06-2010, 21:56
Yeah, Twist n Pulse and Janey through to final!!!

Perdita
03-06-2010, 22:40
Janey Cutler and Twist & Pulse have become the latest acts voted through to the Britain's Got Talent final.

Twist & Pulse and The Fusion were forced to face the judges after singing pensioner Cutler won the public vote.

Piers Morgan and Amanda Holden backed Ashley Glazebrook and Glen Murphy after Simon Cowell insisted that The Fusion gave the better performance "on the night".

Also leaving the competition are Team Shaolin, Mark James, Emile Harris, Tyler Patterson and Ice.

Cutler and Twist & Pulse will join Spelbound, Tobias Mead, Tina & Chandi, Connected, Paul Burling and Christopher Stone in Saturday's grand finale.

Britain's Got Talent continues for its fifth and final semi-final tomorrow at 7.30pm on ITV1.

lizann
04-06-2010, 10:15
Does anyone find Simon to be a complete hypocrite more so this season - he really is bugging me majorly

I wanted the singing bouncer to go through to the finals but he didnt over a kiddie crap group

I think Janey will win now

Siobhan
04-06-2010, 10:20
Lizann, I think Simon just gave up due to the crap that Amanda and Piers let through.. I mean who the hell wanted to see that "madonna" dancer again.. he was crap!!

Chloe O'brien
04-06-2010, 10:59
I think Simon there is a couple of acts that haven't went through that Simon would have like to. I think Spellbound will steal it like Diversity did last year.

Siobhan
04-06-2010, 11:46
I think Simon there is a couple of acts that haven't went through that Simon would have like to. I think Spellbound will steal it like Diversity did last year.

I hope they do cause they are amazing.. But I would love for Janey to meet the Queen..I am sure she would really love it

tammyy2j
04-06-2010, 12:54
I am glad Janey Cutler and Twist & Pulse got through to the final

Perdita
05-06-2010, 07:03
Kieran Gaffney and Liam McNally have made it through to Saturday night's Britain's Got Talent grand finale.

Drummer Gaffney won the public vote following his performance in this evening's fifth semi-final. McNally progressed after judges Simon Cowell and Piers Morgan backed the 14-year-old singer ahead of dance collective A3, who only Amanda Holden voted for.

Gaffney and McNally now join Spelbound, Tobias Mead, Tina & Chandi, Connected, Paul Burling, Christopher Stone, Janey Cutler and Twist & Pulse in the final.

Dance Flavourz, Myztikal, The Chippendoubles, Father & Son and Alesia Vazmitsel follow A3 out of the competition.

The Britain's Got Talent 2010 finale airs today from 7.30pm on ITV1.

megan999
05-06-2010, 16:31
My favourites left are Twist & Pulse, Liam McNally, and Tina & Chandi. I want Twist & Pulse to win the whole competition :D

Perdita
06-06-2010, 06:44
Spelbound have been voted as the winner of Britain's Got Talent 2010.

Having been the bookies' favourite for most of the series, the gymnast troupe beat comic dance duo Twist & Pulse.

Speaking after hosts Ant & Dec announced the result, the group said: "This is unbelievable, it shows our hard work has paid off."

Twist & Pulse said upon finishing as runners-up: "I can't believe it at all. Thank you for everyone, and out of all those people who audition, it's amazing [to get this far]."

Drummer Kieran Gaffney finished in third place. Acts outside the top three included Tina & Chandi, Paul Burling and teen boyband Connected.

tammyy2j
06-06-2010, 13:50
I hope we see more of Twist & Pulse and Tobias in the future

Well done to Spelbound

megan999
06-06-2010, 16:54
I'm gutted for Twist & Pulse, but Spelbound were worthy winners.

Perdita
06-06-2010, 17:41
Simon Cowell has allegedly signalled that he wants a female judge to replace him on Britain's Got Talent.

The People reports that the music mogul - who recently revealed his intention to quit next year's auditions - is keen to revamp the series.

A source told the paper: "Simon likes the idea of expanding the judging panel, freshening things up. Just because Kelly [Brook] didn't work, doesn't mean another woman wouldn't."

Brook was dismissed from the reality show last year just six days after she was unveiled as the fourth judge on the panel.

Siobhan
07-06-2010, 09:00
Spelbound were amazing and deserved winner.. so glad twist and pulse were in the top 3.. they are also fantastic

tammyy2j
09-06-2010, 14:20
A five-year-old girl has lost her battle with a brain tumour just days after fulfilling her “big ambition” to sing for Simon Cowell.

Bethany Fenton, who performed 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' for the 'Britain’s Got Talent' judge on Saturday, died today with her family at her side.

Brave Bethany, from Fairford, near Cirencester, fought the illness for over a year and had been through radiotherapy and chemotherapy.

Her mother Jemma and father Sean, a PE teacher, are “devastated” by her death, family spokesman Robin Thompson said.

Mr Thompson said: “They came back from Britain’s Got Talent on Saturday. On Sunday she was fine, she was absolutely over the moon with what happened.

“On Monday morning she started being very poorly and the illness went on throughout the night and reached a bad stage this morning.”

She was taken to the John Radcliffe Hospital, in Oxford, and died today with her family gathered around her.

Mr Thompson added: “Her dad said that she had done what she always wanted to do, meet Simon Cowell and sing to him.

“She had achieved her big ambition and was now ready to depart this earth.”

In the special trip at the weekend, Bethany sang to Cowell before meeting the 'Britain’s Got Talent' finalists.

She was introduced to street dancers Twist and Pulse, Janey Cutler, a singing grandmother, and teenage drummer Kieran Gaffney.

Bethany was diagnosed with Grade 3/4 Anaplastic Astrocytoma early last year. Tests later showed the tumour was inoperable and her family worked to raise funds for other possible treatments to prolong her life.

Tributes are already being posted on the Bethany Appeal’s Facebook group.

The family includes three other children – younger daughter Millie, two months old, Gracie, aged two, and Mr Fenton’s son Louis, aged 10, from a previous marriage.

Speaking after the trip to Britain’s Got Talent, the Gloucestershire Echo reported a delighted Bethany saying: “I loved them all, especially Kieran, who asked for my wristband to give us both luck.

“Simon let me sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to him. He’s so nice and I love him.”

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/bethany-5-dies-after-singing-for-cowell-460898.html#ixzz0qMUCFtJK

Perdita
12-06-2010, 17:27
Piers Morgan is on the verge of quitting Britain's Got Talent in order to replace Larry King on CNN.

The Daily Telegraph reports that the former newspaper editor, who has been a judge on the ITV1 reality show for four years now, has been offered a deal to anchor the US network's nightly chatshow.

"CNN bosses have been desperately searching for somebody to revamp the show. Larry's ratings are massively down year on year – and Piers is just the chap," a source said. "Piers is utterly thrilled by the prospect of the deal and knows that taking over the Larry King show means that something will have to give.

"America's Got Talent finishes in mid-September, so it seems Larry will be moved to a weekend show then and be ousted from his nightly prime-time slot," the insider added. "Piers has discussed it all with Simon Cowell, who gave him his big break on America's Got Talent and Britain's Got Talent, and has his blessing.

The 45-year-old has already confirmed that he will host an NBC version of Life Stories.

Noooo, I like him, want him to stay

moonstorm
12-06-2010, 19:13
Oh me too, me too. I like Piers.

Perdita
13-06-2010, 11:05
Britain's Got Talent winners Spelbound are reportedly earning £2,000 a minute for their performances.

The gymnastic group are charging £30,000 for a 15-minute corporate performance, allegedly more than last year's winners Diversity.

A source told the News Of The World: "Diversity were charging around £25,000 a gig but their value was slashed after Spelbound won.

"Their fee is now between £15,000 and £17,000. So, even though Spelbound are much less experienced, they're earning twice as much as them.

"There's huge demand for their act and they'll make a lot of money over the next year with corporate performances."

The report also suggests that fellow BGT finalist Janey Cutler could earn up to £6,000 a gig.

:eek:

tammyy2j
18-06-2010, 14:22
Simon Cowell has made an appeal over a missing woman who appeared on the first series of 'Britain's Got Talent'.

Thelma Townsend, 62, was last seen at her home in Withywood, Bristol on Saturday. She appeared on the popular ITV show in 2007 alongside her husband in a whistling and dancing act.

Speaking about her appearance, Cowell said: "There are a lot of people very worried about you so please make contact."

Police have described the woman as white, slim, about 5ft 5ins tall with blue eyes and big blonde/ginger, curly, shoulder-length hair. She was last seen wearing a pink top and grey trousers and may also be wearing a waist-length beige or brown jacket.

Detective Inspector Marie Wright of Bristol Police said: "Extensive searches have been going on to try to locate Thelma but so far we have not had any positive sightings. I would urge the public to be on the look out for this lady.”

Perdita
05-07-2010, 17:34
Amanda Holden has admitted that she will have mixed feelings if her Britain's Got Talent co-star Piers Morgan leaves the show.

Morgan was last month tipped to bow out from the judging panel in favour of a new chatshow deal which would see him take over from Larry King on CNN.

Writing in her Fabulous magazine column, Holden explained that she would find it hard to say goodbye to Morgan but is also excited at the thought of a revamped panel.

She said: "I'm so thrilled for him, and if he doesn't have time to do Britain's Got Talent next year I'll miss him like mad, but the show's due a shake-up after three years, so we'll have to wait and see."

Recent reports have claimed that Britain's Got Talent bosses are concerned about the show's future due to Morgan's expected departure and Simon Cowell's refusal to appear at next year's auditions.

Speaking last month, a source said: "Only Amanda Holden seems available and willing to commit to the show, so it could end up taking a break for a year or it will have to be reworked so it is almost a different show."

Abbie
06-07-2010, 17:12
It wont be the same without the same judges, I dont think they should shake things up

Perdita
17-07-2010, 17:41
Paul O'Grady is reportedly being lined up to replace Simon Cowell on the judging panel of Britain's Got Talent.

O'Grady, who moved to ITV last year, will allegedly replace Cowell after he quit the audition stage of the show.

A source told The Sun: "Paul is famous for being a no-nonsense operator. He'd be perfect."

Piers Morgan is also said to be leaving the show, after being rumoured to have signed a US chat show deal.

Perdita
21-07-2010, 19:04
A contestant on Britain's Got Talent is reportedly suing Simon Cowell after she was left feeling humiliated on the show.

According to the Daily Mail, 53-year-old Emma Czikai said that she felt "degraded" following the negative feedback she received from judges Cowell and Amanda Holden.

After her audition, Cowell told her: "Emma, Emma, reality check here, it's not the music; it's not the microphone; it's you."

Czikai argued that her performance was affected by her medical conditions and is now suing Cowell's company Simco Limited on the basis of 'disability discrimination'.

At a pre-tribunal review today in London, she said: "I am certainly not prepared to be humiliated.

"Because I have these illnesses, singing is all I can do for my future and therefore it is important for me not to have 13 to 20 million people all over the world thinking I cannot sing.

"It is quite upsetting to be regarded as a failure and to be targeted and mocked.

"It was the microphone. It was the music. I have not got a horrible singing voice when I am in a fair environment that meets my disabilities as I proved on Britain's Got More Talent."

A representative for Simco Limited, Thomas Linden QC, said that it was opposing Czikai's right to have a full hearing on the basis that Britain's Got Talent is not an employer and cannot be treated as one.

LostVoodoo
21-07-2010, 20:02
Paul O'Grady is reportedly being lined up to replace Simon Cowell on the judging panel of Britain's Got Talent.

O'Grady, who moved to ITV last year, will allegedly replace Cowell after he quit the audition stage of the show.

A source told The Sun: "Paul is famous for being a no-nonsense operator. He'd be perfect."

Piers Morgan is also said to be leaving the show, after being rumoured to have signed a US chat show deal.

Paul O'Grady would be perfect in my opinion. he wouldn't take it too seriously and knows all about good old fashioned variety.

lizann
22-07-2010, 17:56
A former 'Britain's Got Talent' performer is suing for £2.5m after claiming that she was humiliated on the talent show.

Emma Amelia Pearl Czikai is seeking £300,000 for injured feelings, £1.25m for loss of earnings and a further £1m in compensation from the programme makers.

During her performance, both Simon Cowell and Piers Morgan pressed their buzzer before Emma finished singing the first line of ‘You Raise Me Up’, while third judge Amanda Holden halted the song completely after she buzzed at the chorus.

Emma claims that her performance suffered as a result of her medical condition cervical spine neuritis, which can cause head and shoulder pain and therefore affects her ability to hear her own singing voice.

Speaking at yesterday's pre-trial review at a central London tribunal court, the singer, who is representing herself, accused the programme and its judges of "exploitation, humiliation, degradation and barbarism".

She also said the show was guilty of disability discrimination because special adjustments weren't made to her backing music and microphone levels.

She told the court: "This programme makes a select number of rich people very, very rich on the backs of the ordinary man and woman in the street through exploitation, humiliation, degradation and a re-emergence of modern-day barbarism with all its inherent cruelty."

The outcome of the pre-trial review will determine whether a full hearing goes ahead.

Perdita
30-07-2010, 06:03
BRITAIN'S Got Talent may be sued by a SECOND reject - who claims he was portrayed as a transvestite.
Philip Grimmer, 56, crashed out of this year's contest after his excruciating Madonna "tribute" made it to the semi-final.

Philip claims he was made a laughing stock by judge Simon Cowell and hosts Ant and Dec on the hit ITV programme.

He wants bosses to pay up for "defaming" him.

Simon, 50, famously laid into the retired civil servant - whose act involved him prancing around on stage wearing a wig and leotard, singing Hung Up by Madonna.

Simon told him: "Madonna at 95 would look better and dance better than you."

Married Philip, who failed to get on the show at all in 2007 after Simon called his Kylie Minogue impersonation "monstrous", said the comments had infuriated him.

He told TV Biz: "Simon was so insulting. But it wasn't just him. Ant and Dec said I loved dressing up as a woman as if I liked doing it all the time.

"I'm a female impersonator, that's what I put on my application.

"It's my niche, I'm not gay or a transvestite.

"Even one of the producers said, 'Are you gay? You must be.'

My relatives think I'm a cross-dresser now, some sort of tranny.

"I've been married since 1977 and I have a daughter. I'm as straight as you can get."

Philip has approached a solicitor to try to sue the show and is "waiting for a barrister" to take the case.

He added: "They're portraying me as something I'm not which is defamation against my character. It's not who I am."

Philip admitted he sought legal advice after hearing about fellow reject Emma Amelia Pearl Czikai who is trying to sue BGT for more than £2.5million.

Emma, of Sutton Coldfield, claims producers discriminated against her by sending her packing even though she told them her medical condition had affected her audition.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/britain_got_talent/3074971/Britains-Got-Talent-may-be-sued-by-Madonna-impersonator.html#ixzz0v8fiXk75

Perdita
09-09-2010, 07:40
Former newspaper editor and Britain's Got Talent judge Piers Morgan will replace TV presenter Larry King on the US network CNN, it has been announced.

Morgan's selection as King's replacement had been widely expected for the past few months.

CNN president Jon Klein said Morgan can "look at all aspects of the news with style and humour with an occasional good laugh in the process".

The 45-year-old is familiar to US audiences from America's Got Talent.

Referring to King in a statement, Piers said he had "dreamed of one day filling the legendary suspenders of the man I consider to be the greatest TV interviewer of them all".

Morgan will start his new job in January. It is not known whether he will continue with his judging roles on the US and UK talent shows.

But Morgan told ITV News at Ten: "Obviously some things are going to have to give."

He said he was considering his future as a judge on Britain's Got Talent and would make an announcement "before too long".

Asked who he would like to interview, he said US President Barack Obama would be at the top of his list.

Record-breaking broadcaster

King, who began presenting Larry King Live on CNN in 1985, announced in June he would step down as host of the show in the autumn.

The veteran broadcaster, 76, recently made it into the Guinness Book of World Records for the longest-running show with the same host in the same time slot.

His programme attracts leading politicians, musicians, athletes and actors - often giving exclusive access to the bespectacled host, who famously puts little preparation into his inquisitions.

To mark his 25th anniversary in the host's chair this summer, he spoke to Lady Gaga, Bill Gates and President Obama, garnering some of his highest ratings in recent years.

According to his official biography, King will retire having conducted more than 40,000 interviews.

Guess that we won't see him judging BGT any longer :(

Perdita
09-09-2010, 09:59
Amanda Holden has admitted that she may not return to Britain's Got Talent.

Her fellow panellist Piers Morgan was recently confirmed as a replacement for Larry King on CNN, while Simon Cowell will not appear until the semi-finals, should the show still go ahead.

"I don't know if I'll be back," Holden told Metro. "I would like to but I'm happy either way.

"For me it comes down to the scheduling of the stuff I have planned and if that fits in with the show then great. But if not, I won't be able to do it."

Cowell has told fans to expect changes to Britain's Got Talent next year, while it is also rumoured that he could quit all his UK shows to focus on his US commitments.

Perdita
12-09-2010, 11:50
James Corden is reportedly being lined up to replace Piers Morgan as a judge on Britain's Got Talent.

According to the News of the World, the Gavin & Stacey star impressed Simon Cowell when he performed his World Cup song 'Shout' on the talent show earlier this year, and is now in advanced talks to join the panel.

A source said: "James is up for doing it. And Simon thinks he has the charisma and humour to carry the panel, especially if Simon leaves the show as well.

"Britain's Got Talent is perfect for him as it only takes up a small part of his year. He'll still be able to do other projects."

The insider added that judge Amanda Holden will return to the show next year, saying: "She got several reassuring phone calls from the bosses insisting they want her back."

It was recently announced that Morgan will replace Larry King at CNN, while Cowell will only join the panel at the semi-finals stage of the competition.

Perdita
13-09-2010, 11:33
Simon Cowell has been offered a rumoured £20 million by ITV in an attempt to keep The X Factor and Britain's Got Talent on air.

A source told the Daily Telegraph that senior figures at the network hoped to secure the 50-year-old's allegiance until 2013, after he recently expressed a desire to axe both of his hit programmes to concentrate on the upcoming American version of The X Factor.

"The desire is to pin down three years," the insider stated. "This could have been sorted out six months ago. We need to know what we're doing otherwise we will commission alternative products. We can't be 80% certain of The X Factor and Britain’s Got Talent. It appears we have this sort of dance-around most years.”

Cowell is currently understood to be on a £6 million annual deal with ITV.

tammyy2j
24-08-2011, 12:35
Britain's Got Talent singer Janey Cutler has died at the age of 82.

The singing grandmother impressed judges and viewers alike with her performances of Edith Piaf's 'Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien' during last year's series of the ITV1 competition.

The Sun reports that Cutler was found dead at her home yesterday.

Family and friends left messages of condolence on Facebook, with her grandson Ian Scott writing: "Good night rest in peace oor wee granny, mother and friend to all (sic)."

Cutler finished ninth in the live final, won by dance group Spelbound. Despite alleged fears for her health at the time, the then 81-year-old went on to perform on the Britain's Got Talent UK tour.

Speaking during the string of dates last summer, she admitted that the experience had been "very tiring", but insisted that she was "enjoying it a lot".

When she received comparisons to Scottish singer Susan Boyle, Cutler said that it was "flattering" but that she wanted "to be successful in my own way".

Rest In Peace

Chloe O'brien
01-09-2011, 23:54
I read this in the newspaper, Janey was a sweet lovable lady. At least she went peacefully. R.I.P