PDA

View Full Version : Potter named 'most entertaining creation'

Perdita
28-12-2009, 19:15
Harry Potter has been named the most entertaining creation of the decade in a poll for Entertainment Weekly.

The fictional protagonist of the seven fantasy novels by JK Rowling topped a list that included popular TV shows, music videos, fashion and trends.

Played by Daniel Radcliffe in the film adaptations, Potter pipped television series The Sopranos and internet video site YouTube.

The magazine declared: "Harry Potter lives in our memories more vividly than any other character we’ve read or seen on screen this decade.

"It’s precisely because JK Rowling created him not as a mighty doer of epic deeds but as a regular kid, a teenager just trying to get by in a crazy, scary world. Who can’t relate to that?"

Other creations featured in the top ten were US TV shows Lost, The Daily Show and talent contest American Idol, films The Lord Of The Rings and Brokeback Mountain, the iPod and Kanye West's album The College Dropout.

Earlier in the year, a scene from Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone was voted the best movie moment of all time in a similar online poll.

:cheer: I do like the films :)

Abbie
02-01-2010, 23:24
I think its well deserved, I mean the books into the films I think the popularity has just grown and its been a massive success