PDA

View Full Version : Michelle Ryan not to return to EastEnders

Perdita
28-12-2009, 11:55
Michelle Ryan has revealed that she doesn't want to return to EastEnders.

Ryan, who played Zoe Slater in the soap, explained that she enjoyed her time on the show but wants to have the freedom to work on different projects.

"I always saw EastEnders as an apprenticeship," she told the Daily Record. "I always wanted to go on and do different things. I have some really good friends from that show but the door is closed."

She continued: "I've always taken chances. I think that's how you progress - by stepping out and doing different things. I really do like my freedom and jumping from job to job. I just want to work with people I admire and respect, wherever that be - big budget, low budget, leading role, supporting role."

Ryan recently acknowledged that she will always be known for her role on EastEnders.

alan45
28-12-2009, 12:19
Cant say I really blame her.

DaVeyWaVey
28-12-2009, 14:29
She may return in years to come if the work dries up for her and the Slaters are still around..

It's good that she's decided to move on for now though. EastEnders don't need any more past characters returning.

Abbie
03-01-2010, 22:56
I think the slaters will be around for a while yet

tammyy2j
04-01-2010, 12:41
great news hate her and her character

Dazzle
04-01-2010, 15:33
I'm glad she's not coming back, I never liked her in EE. There's much better characters in it at the moment, such as the Masoods and the Mitchell sisters.

lizann
04-01-2010, 17:11
She will back no doubt down the road

Jojo
04-01-2010, 21:24
I'm glad its not just me thats thinking....GOOD....:lol: