PDA

View Full Version : George Michael's Christmas single sells out

sindydoll
18-12-2009, 20:36
Rex Features
George Michael's latest single has sold out after one day after his record label failed to stock shops with enough CDs.
The singer released 'December Song' (http://www.soapboards.co.uk/music/musicvideos/a189508/george-michael-december-song-i-dreamed-of-christmas.html) on Monday, but physical copies sold out across retail outlets in 24 hours.
Michael credited his recent performance on The X Factor, which saw him duet with eventual winner Joe McElderry, with boosting his popularity.
Speaking on Loose Women, he said: "I need to make an apology to my audience out there, because I think my record company rather underestimated the power of The X Factor, actually, and they were kind of taken by surprise and all the records were sold.
"The actual physical copies that people can give to each other were sold on the Monday, so there isn't anything in the shops for the whole week.
"You can download [the song], but if people want the physical copy - my fans want the physical copy - and I know a lot of them do, you know, and they haven't been able to get hold of it, they will print up more in time for next Monday and Tuesday."
He added: "It's not going to make the Christmas chart, well it will, but it won't chart very high, but the point is you can get it on the Monday and Tuesday, even if the shops have told you they're out of it and they don't know if they're getting any more. Can you believe that, they ran out on the Monday

Abbie
19-12-2009, 18:03
But its rubbish!!