PDA

View Full Version : Most-watched YouTube clips 2009

Perdita
16-12-2009, 15:10
A video of Susan Boyle auditioning for Britain's Got Talent has been named the most-watched clip on YouTube in 2009.

Pulling in over 120m views, the video of Boyle's audition had over three times the audience of second placed clip, David After Dentist. Around 37m people clicked the link to watch a seven-year-old boy trying to answer questions while under the influence of painkillers.

A further 33m people watched a video of wedding guests entering a church while doing a choreographed dance. Completing the top five was a trailer for The Twilight Saga: New Moon (31m views) and an Evian advert featuring roller skating babies (27m views).

The list marks the first time that YouTube has ever publicly released annual data about the most-popular videos on the site.

In a run-down of the most-watched music videos, rapper Pitbull's 'I Know You Want Me' came top with 82m views, followed by Disney star Miley Cyrus with 'The Climb' (over 64m views) and 'Party In The USA' (54m views).

YouTube also revealed a breakdown of the most popular search terms for every month of the year.

Following his death in June, Michael Jackson was the most searched subject on the site in June and July. The video for Jackson's hit 'Beat It' also racked up 25m views.

DS

Abbie
22-12-2009, 23:13
lol I love how twilight/new moon is up there :D