PDA

View Full Version : 'H&A' star Lasance in 'cocaine arrest'

Perdita
14-12-2009, 10:44
Home and Away star Todd Lasance has reportedly been charged with possessing cocaine.

According to reports in the Australian media today, the 24-year-old actor was arrested in Sydney's Kings Cross at the weekend.

Lasance's manager David Sheridan told The Australian: "It's a legal matter and Todd is co-operating with authorities."

The soap favourite is best known for playing Summer Bay's Aden Jefferies. However, he recently announced that he was to quit the show and hoped to secure Hollywood roles.

Speaking of his ambitions in a recent interview, he explained: "Failure is not an option. I'm willing to put in 20 years over there if I have to because this is what I want to do.''

Earlier this year, Lasance won the title of 'Most Popular Actor' at Australia's annual Logie Awards.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/s15/homeandaway/news/a191272/ha-star-lasance-in-cocaine-arrest.html

If this is true, that might scupper his plans for Hollywood, he might not get a visa. And this after the storyline with Liam, he should know better :rolleyes:

Dazzle
14-12-2009, 15:19
:nono: Todd, what are you playing at? It'll be devastating for him if he doesn't get a visa.

tammyy2j
14-12-2009, 15:50
IDIOT :thumbsdow

Abigail
14-12-2009, 17:37
I'll wait for the official press release from his agent before commenting. The press are notorious for over egging the pudding.

Bad Wolf
14-12-2009, 18:02
what is it with home and away starts and drugs- all that jodi gordon stuff earlier this year

lizann
14-12-2009, 23:33
whats with all the actors from H&A doing drugs :confused:

Abigail
15-12-2009, 00:22
Todd Lasance's arrest for alleged cocaine possession occurred at the Home and Away Christmas party, it has been claimed.

Earlier today, it emerged that the 24-year-old actor had been charged by police after being taken into custody at the weekend.

More details of the incident have now emerged in the Australian media. Reports suggest that Lasance was arrested at Sydney nightclub Kit and Kaboodle on Saturday after police with sniffer dogs raided the venue. It has been alleged that officers discovered the soap star had a small bag of white powder in his possession after approaching him in the men's bathroom.

The police raid was part of Operation Unite, a national campaign which targets anti-social behaviour in Australia.

A New South Wales police spokesman said: "The 24-year-old man was allegedly caught during a drug detection dog operation at the club, as part of Operation Unite, just after 11pm on Saturday."

It is thought that Lasance, who plays Summer Bay's Aden Jefferies, had been partying with Home and Away cast and crew members at the club shortly before his arrest.

A spokesman for the Seven Network, which broadcasts Home and Away in Australia, insisted that the festive party had not been "sanctioned" by the channel.

Meanwhile, Lasance's manager David Sheridan said that his client was "not commenting" on the matter.

Perdita
17-12-2009, 11:00
Executives at Australia's Channel 7 network have introduced a "two strikes and you're out" policy on staff involved in drugs-related behaviour.

The new rule was apparently enforced after Home and Away star Todd Lasance was arrested for drugs possession at the weekend.

A Seven Network spokesperson told The Daily Telegraph: "We have access to the best advice and systems in order to manage crises or events such as this but, fundamentally, responsibility and discipline must be followed through. There are no second chances."

Police found 24-year-old Lasance in possession of cocaine during the soap's Christmas party at Kings Cross nightclub Kit And Kaboodle.

Lasance's co-star Jodi Gordon also hit headlines in June after being involved in a drugs scandal.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/s15/homeandaway/news/a191609/channel-7-cracks-down-on-ha-stars.html

Perdita
18-01-2010, 14:30
Home and Away actor Todd Lasance is to appear in court next month to enter a plea on his cocaine possession charge.

The 24-year-old's lawyer asked for the case to be adjourned until February during a hearing which took place at Sydney's Downing Centre Local Court earlier today.

Lasance, best known for his role as Aden Jefferies on the Summer Bay soap, will make his plea on February 1. He was not present for today's hearing.

Speaking outside court, the star's legal representative Chris Ford would not indicate how his client intended to plead, though he described the charge as "minor".

Lasance was arrested last month for allegedly possessing cocaine. The incident is believed to have occurred at the Home and Away Christmas party.

DS

Perdita
25-01-2010, 10:05
Home and Away star Todd Lasance has pleaded guilty to a cocaine possession charge.

The 24-year-old, best known for his role as Summer Bay's Aden Jefferies, made the plea earlier today during a hearing at Sydney's Downing Centre Local Court.

Lasance was arrested for possessing a small amount of cocaine at a Christmas party last month, sparking claims that he had wrecked his hopes for a Hollywood career.

However, the actor was informed today that he would be put on a 12-month good behaviour bond, meaning that he will not have a criminal record if he complies with its conditions for the next year.

Earlier in the hearing, a magistrate had admitted that he was "tempted" to make an example of Lasance after the star's lawyer Chris Ford said that a conviction could damage his future prospects.

The magistrate told Lasance: "It's all about you, isn't it? You're in the entertainment industry but I don't feel entertained by your conduct."

However, speaking after the hearing, Ford confirmed that the actor had been handed the "most lenient" punishment he could have received.

Lasance finished filming his Home and Away role last year, but he currently remains on screen in Australia and the UK.

DS

Abigail
25-01-2010, 10:40
Well I can't see him getting any sort of visa to work or enter America in the next 12 months.

Katy
25-01-2010, 19:26
brilliant line by the judge "your in the entertainment industry, but i dont feel entertained by your conduct!" hes spot on.

They should know better, they are role models yto alot of people

alan45
21-05-2010, 17:04
Todd Lasance has admitted that he wants to be 'unrecognisable' in his new TV show Cloudstreet.

The former Home and Away actor signed up for the role of Quick Lamb on the forthcoming mini-series earlier this year.

Speaking to TV Week about the part, Lasance commented: "Hopefully people won't even recognise me at all in this role and will just connect with the character. That's the plan. I really don't want to be recognised - I want to do something completely different and recreate myself."

Lasance has often spoken of how he wants to crack America since bowing out from his role as Summer Bay's Aden Jefferies last year.

Asked whether a Stateside move is still on the cards, he replied: "America is the plan for sure, at some point. But Cloudstreet sort of blew everything out. I was so honoured to get this part. And it's opened a lot of doors for me in Australia, so I'm just happy to wait and see what pops up."

Cloudstreet - due to air later this year - is based on Tim Winton's acclaimed novel of the same name.

Dazzle
22-05-2010, 18:20
What a shame we won't get to see it over here.

Abigail
22-05-2010, 18:25
I'm sure you could download it somehow if you really wanted to see it.

Dazzle
22-05-2010, 18:28
Yes, I could do that. I watch American TV online so there's no reason I couldn't watch Aussie tv too.