Michael Buble
Justin Timberlake
Keith Urban
Bruce Springsteen
Snow Patrol
Pink

Bryan
09-12-2009, 19:01
Beyonce, Pink, Amy Winehouse, Lady Gaga, Rhianna.

Meh
09-12-2009, 19:59
Fugees
Black Eyed Peas

Perdita
10-12-2009, 06:05
Band Aid's 2004 version of Do They Know It's Christmas? is the decade's best-selling seasonal song in the UK, according to new figures.

The hit beat Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells End) by rock band The Darkness into second place, the Official UK Charts Company has said.

The Pogues' 1987 hit Fairytale of New York at number three is the highest-placed song recorded before 2000.

The figures were compiled from the decade's physical and digital sales.

Christmas carols rundown

Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas Is You and Proper Crimbo from comedy show Bo'Selecta round out the top sellers at number four and five respectively.

DECADE'S CHRISTMAS BEST-SELLERS
1 Do They Know It's Christmas? - Band Aid 20
2 Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells End) - The Darkness
3 Fairytale of New York - The Pogues feat. Kirsty MacColl
4 All I Want For Christmas Is You - Mariah Carey
5 Proper Crimbo - Bo'Selecta

Source: Official UK Charts Company

Other seasonal hits which continue to sell decades after their original release date include Wham's Last Christmas from 1984, the seventh best-seller of the past 10 years.

Released in the same year, the original recording of Do They Know It's Christmas Time is at 18 on the list.

Perennial Christmas hits from the 1970s - Merry Christmas Everybody by Slade and Wizzard's I Wish It Could Be Christmas - make the lower end of the top 20.

Among the few songs without an obvious seasonal theme to figure in the rundown is The Power of Love by Frankie Goes To Hollywood, originally a hit in 1984.

S Club Juniors' 2002 cover of Puppy Love is the decade's number 10 Christmas single - but the record's flip side was Sleigh Ride.

Sir Cliff Richard made only 17 with his song Santa's List

The Official Charts Company also released a chart of Christmas carols for the first time, based on digital downloads from various albums and compilations.

O Holy Night came out at number one ahead of Silent Night and Once In Royal David's City.

The all-time chart-topper was a "bit of a surprise", according to OCC boss Martin Talbot.

But he said recordings by popular mainstream artists including Kathryn Jenkins and Celine Dion had fuelled its popularity.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8403998.stm

Trinity
10-12-2009, 09:39
Jamie Cullen
Norah Jones
Bob Dylan

Perdita
10-12-2009, 14:49
Michael Jackson

Trinity
10-12-2009, 15:27
I cannot think of any Michael Jackson albums that I liked in 2000 - 2009, to be honest.

I lkied his 1980s stuff, though.

Siobhan
10-12-2009, 15:32
I would have to say:

Justin Timberlake
Pink
Madonna (especially bringing out confessions and celebration)
Timberland

Chloe O'brien
12-12-2009, 02:34
Coldplay
Lady Gaga
Westlfie
Take That
Snow Patrol

tammyy2j
16-12-2009, 17:13
Eminem has been named Billboard's 'Artist of the Decade'.

The rapper fought off competition from Usher, Nelly and Beyoncé on the poll, which ranked the best-performing acts over the past ten years on the Billboard 200 album chart and the Billboard Hot 100 singles.

Eminem debuted on the Billboard Hot 100 in February 1999 with his first single 'My Name Is' and has since notched up a further 27 entries.

Despite peaking in second place with debut The Slim Shady LP in 1999, the star has secured four best-selling albums on the Billboard 200.

Eminem's current worldwide album sales stand at 62 million, with over 31 million sold in the US alone.

The top ten Billboard 'Artists of the Decade':

1. Eminem
2. Usher
3. Nelly
4. Beyoncé
5. Alicia Keys
6. 50 Cent
7. Nickelback
8. Britney Spears
9. Destiny's Child
10. Jay-Z

Chris_2k11
17-12-2009, 15:11
I love lots of artists from the past decade but Rihanna is by far my fave new artist of the past five years.