PDA

View Full Version : Martin Kemp wants 'EastEnders' return

Perdita
08-12-2009, 11:37
Martin Kemp has admitted that he is eager to make a return to BBC soap EastEnders.

The actor played villain Steve Owen on the Walford drama from 1999 to 2002, when the nightclub boss was killed off in a car explosion.

In an interview with Closer magazine, Kemp commented: "Working on EastEnders was the best job I ever had. I want the producers to ring me up and get me back on the show.

"Steve was blown up, but I could come back as his evil twin!"

The 48-year-old, who recently played a number of comeback shows with Spandau Ballet, added that he is currently trying his best to keep a toned figure.

He said: "I go to the gym four times a week for an hour. I love binge eating so I pile on weight and then I have to spend two months working it off again. It's all exercise and Slim Fast shakes now. I live on the stuff - I'll have a shake for breakfast and lunch when I'm being particularly hardcore."

In 2006, Kemp claimed that Steve should never rise from the dead, saying: "You can't come back after dying in a car explosion. I couldn't go back like that."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a190426/martin-kemp-wants-eastenders-return.html

Siobhan
08-12-2009, 11:46
how can he come back.. we saw him getting blown up.. would be a stupid storyline if he came back

sean slater
08-12-2009, 12:02
Yeh would be impossible for him to come back. I hate when a character is killed off and then they cant come back. Like Dennis, I miss him. Please don't do this to Bradley!

Chloe O'brien
08-12-2009, 12:18
He could come back as a ghost and haunt Phil.

parkerman
08-12-2009, 12:31
Perhaps Tamzin Outhwaite could come back. Then she could wake up one morning and find Martin (Steve) in the shower and the last seven years were all a dream.

I wonder if that's ever been done before? No, probably not as it's too ridiculous!:rolleyes:

Siobhan
08-12-2009, 12:37
:rotfl::rotfl: at the rate old cast is returning it wouldn't be so stupid.. we would have the entire cast back from 7 years ago..

Perdita
08-12-2009, 12:41
Would that include Mr and Miss Allen? I am sure there are members on here missing a certain young lady now trying to make it in Hollywood :lol:

Chloe O'brien
08-12-2009, 12:51
Well while we're campaigning to bring back old cast members. I want to start a petition to bring back Wellard and Roly. Animals have rights as well you know.

Perdita
08-12-2009, 13:39
What about Terence and Chips? And Albert? I have not seen them for ages. Is there a dog snatcher in Walford :eek:

Dazzle
08-12-2009, 13:41
I used to really like Martin Kemp in EE and thought he was stupid to leave it. He's burnt his bridges there. His acting was good enough for EE but not for more serious drama. What has he done acting-wise since he left?

lizann
08-12-2009, 13:45
Why would he come back no friends or family there :confused:

Abbie
08-12-2009, 16:23
Aww I liked him! Well I remember it was the time when I loved ee when I was younger

Chris_2k11
12-12-2009, 13:19
Good character back in the day but things have moved on now.

and like everyone said hes dead!