PDA

View Full Version : GaGa 'planned suicide act for Queen'

Perdita
08-12-2009, 09:58
Lady GaGa has admitted that she was banned from performing her controversial suicide act at the Royal Variety Show.

The 'Bad Romance' singer told The Mirror that she had been instructed to find a more suitable way of entertaining the Queen at last night's event in Blackpool.

In September, GaGa was covered in fake blood after 'stabbing' herself during an MTV Video Music Awards performance in New York.

Speaking before going on stage last night, the star explained: "I wanted to do the suicide scene I did at the MTV Awards but I was told it wouldn't be appropriate.

"And not only has that been vetoed, but I have had to tone down my act generally. But all of that doesn't matter because I'm a massive fan of the Queen - I was so excited and have even been practising my curtsy."

GaGa has previously been accused of "romanticising" suicide with her fake blood stunt.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a190402/gaga-planned-suicide-act-for-queen.html

:wall:

Bryan
08-12-2009, 13:46
if i was her i'd pull out "tone it down for the queen" purlease. she shouldn't comprimise who she is for anyone, what makes her unique is her individual style!

Abbie
08-12-2009, 16:07
She sometimes is a bit too strange

Perdita
08-12-2009, 18:42
if i was her i'd pull out "tone it down for the queen" purlease. she shouldn't comprimise who she is for anyone, what makes her unique is her individual style!

Bry, I quite like some of her music but would not be interested in going to see her, nothing she does appeals to me. I think when you have a woman in her mid-80s, there is nothing wrong with a bit of a compromise. And as she does not perform her suicide act at all performances, she did not even have to. There is individuality and respect for others who clearly would not appreciate that performance.