PDA

View Full Version : Dear John

tammyy2j
02-12-2009, 16:26
Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjW6IOs3XjE

Based on the book by Nicholas Sparks (author of The Notebook)

tammyy2j
08-02-2010, 11:02
http://i.clevver.com/fullphoto/224979/500/950/dear-john-movie-poster-1.jpg

No. 1 in US box office knocked Avatar off top spot

Abbie
11-02-2010, 19:51
I have to say shes doing really well for herself!!!

lizann
31-03-2010, 15:23
AMANDA SEYFRIED's musical ambitions were given a boost by her latest movie DEAR JOHN - she wrote a song which appeared on the film's soundtrack.

The actress, who showcased her musical ability in movie-musical Mamma Mia!, has long harboured dreams of becoming a singer/songwriter.

And she was delighted when Lasse Hallstrom, the director of Dear John, asked her to bring her guitar on set to write a song for the film, which culminated in the track, Little House, being included on the soundtrack.

She tells Britain's Glamour magazine, "It was a happy accident. The director asked me to bring my guitar on set and I ended up singing a song that I'd written, which ended up on the soundtrack. Writing songs is a stress-buster for me."

tammyy2j
31-03-2010, 17:16
Hollywood star Channing Tatum has been speaking of his respect for the servicemen and women around the world.

The G.I. Joe actor stepped out in London on Tuesday night to promote his new film Dear John, the story of a soldier who can only communicate with his lover through letters when he is posted to Afghanistan.

"I met so many soldiers who are over there and they have to go months and months without their loved ones and they're under a lot of stress and in dangerous situations," Tatum said.

He added: "It's insane what they do, and I respect it so much."

The 29-year-old was joined on the red carpet in Kensington by his co-star, Mamma Mia actress Amanda Seyfried who revealed the film is a real tearjearker.

"Listen, if you don't cry, especially at the time he's in hospital, there's something wrong with you," she said.

Dear John knocked Avatar of top spot in the US Box Office exceeding expectations for what is a relatively low budget film.

The movie is adapted from a novel by acclaimed best-selling author Nicholas Sparks, the man behind The Notebook. Dear John is released in the UK on Wednesday, 14 April.