PDA

View Full Version : University seeks 'lapdancing researcher'

Perdita
30-11-2009, 14:58
Leeds University has placed an advertisement for a £31,513-a-year post :eek: to investigate the lapdancing industry.

The year-long position in the the School of Sociology and Social Policy will see the researcher interview 300 dancers, as well as industry management and regulators.

According to the advert for the Economic and Social Research Council-funded job, the successful applicant will explore "the rise and regulation of lap dancing and the place of sexual labour and consumption in the night time economy".

Political director at the TaxPayers' Alliance Susie Squire said: "This is the ultimate non-job and will both anger and bemuse taxpayers.

"It may be a dream job for some men, but it's just another nightmare of public sector waste for the ordinary people who pay for it."

The closing date for the position has passed :crying: and interviews are expected to be held on December 14.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/odd/news/a189185/university-seeks-lapdancing-researcher.html

Abigail
30-11-2009, 19:41
If I was at Leeds university I would be opposing this. There's far better research that could and should be conducted than lap dancing.

We had a policy here at Staffs that mandated the union to put on lap dancers in the union venues at least once a year.

Meh
02-12-2009, 22:20
Thinking I should apply. I'd make a great researcher

Perdita
03-12-2009, 05:39
You are too late, the closing date has passed. I would have applied myself for that kind of money :D

Siobhan
03-12-2009, 16:49
If I was at Leeds university I would be opposing this. There's far better research that could and should be conducted than lap dancing.

Like Pole dancing :rotfl::rotfl: Joking

i understand what you mean!

Abbie
08-12-2009, 17:38
This is silly, of all the more pressing needs!

Trinity
09-12-2009, 08:31
To employ an RA you need funding, they must have put a proposal to the ESRC for this work, and it must have been highly rated for the funding to be awarded.

This is tabloid sensationalism of serious research.

(And I am being serious).