PDA

View Full Version : Robbie Williams engaged to Ayda Field

Perdita
27-11-2009, 06:30
ROBBIE Williams has proposed live on Australian radio to girlfriend Ayda Field – and she said YES.

Robbie popped the question on the 2DayFM Kyle and Jackie O breakfast show in Sydney.

Robbie was speaking on the radio show on Friday morning where he was promoting his new album, Reality Killed the Video Star.

The star, 35, and Ayda, 30, who have dated for two years, traveled down under for Robbie's performance at the Aussie ARIA awards the previous night - Oz's version of the Brits.

During the interview, Robbie called American-born Ayda to come and sit with him in the studio.

Presenter Jackie O, real name Jackie Henderson, then said to him: "Sydney has a bit of a reputation for proposals with celebrities.

"Any news you want to share?"

Robbie then said to Ayda: "Is there anyone you want to get married to?"

Laughing, she said: "This is so awkward."

Robbie then said: "Will you marry me?"

She said: "Yes, I'll marry you."

Ayda then said: "Where's the ring?"

Presenter Jackie O then gave Ayda her 'froggy ring' to use as a symbol of their engagement.

As he put the ring on Ayda's finger, Robbie said: "I love you so much.

"Would you be my betrothed 'til the end of time?"

She replied: "I would love to be your betrothed 'til the end of time."

Jackie O said: "I can't believe I'm witnessing this moment."

Ayda said to Robbie: "Thank you for my froggy ring!"

Co-presenter Kyle Sandilands then said to Robbie: "This is as special as the moment you pulled out a pube to give away on air 10 years ago."

Ayda then said to Robbie: "Is that like the one you have in a box in the kitchen?

"Whoops, I was not supposed to talk about that!"

Later in the show, Robbie was congratulated by fans.

Kyle told listeners who rang in: "He just got engaged on the air."

One fan said: "That's so, that's so, congratulations!"

Robbie said: "Thank you very much."

The radio presenters had posted a message on their Twitter page on Tuesday saying that Robbie 'had a little surprise up his sleeve' for Ayda - but didn't say what it was.

During Friday's show, Ayda also talked about how she and Robbie met.

She said: "We met through a friend."

Both said they knew straight away each other was "the one".

But Ayda joked: "I thought, 'He's all right'."

Robbie also quipped: "Actually, I didn't like her.

"The first 20 minutes I thought, 'Who's this mentalist'."

Ayda said: "I had big girl pants on. I'd been to a dinner party with friends."

Robbie said: "She had Dutch courage. She came over to the house and I thought, 'I've got to get her out'.

"I was going to take her back to this party, drop her off and go home. "Then I fell in love there at the party.

"The moment we sat on a sofa together it was obvious."

Robbie was briefly engaged to former All Saints singer Nicole Appleton in 1998.

She went on to wed Oasis singer Liam Gallagher.

In 2002 he enjoyed a highly-publicised 10-month relationship with model Rachel Hunter.

He has also been linked to Spice Girls Mel C and Geri Halliwell and actress Anna Friel.

Robbie began dating American actress Ayda Field two years ago after being introduced by a mutual friend.

Sexy Ayda, 29, is a regular on American TV, starring in Will & Grace and Days Of Our Lives.

The secret on-off romance became public after they were photographed together for the first time on a romantic city-break in Amsterdam in November 2007.

But the pair briefly split in September 2008 blaming a clash between Robbie's busy work schedule and Ayda's desire to live a party lifestyle.

But just a month later, desperate Robbie began bombarding Ayda with phone calls begging her to take him back.

They finally enjoyed an emotional reunion in LA after Robbie's best mate Jonathan Wilkes played matchmaker.

The Kyle and Jackie O breakfast show courted controversy earlier this year when a teenage girl announced she'd been raped on air.

The 14-year-old was strapped to a lie detector for the 2Day FM show and asked by her mother if she was sexually active, at which point she said she'd been raped two years earlier.

Sandilands was suspended for a month over the incident and upon his return was suspended again for suggesting an Australian actress of Polish origin could lose weight in a concentration camp.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/11/27/robbie-williams-pops-the-question-to-girlfriend-ayda-and-she-says-yes-115875-21853540/

tammyy2j
28-11-2009, 20:48
Singer Robbie Williams has admitted that his marriage proposal to his actress girlfriend Ayda Field live on Australian radio had been a prank.

He denied he and Ayda had become engaged, but the jocular proposal was so convincing it fooled even his own mother.

Williams posted a short message on his official blog which read: "Hey all. We are not engaged. rob x".

However, it would seem his mother was left in the dark and when she spoke on Radio 5 Live.

Jan Williams, said she was out shopping for an engagement card, adding: "I'm really pleased for them. I've got a daughter-in-law."

The confusion arose when the former Take That star asked Field to marry him live on Sydney's 2Day FM, sealing the deal with a makeshift ring loaned from the show's host, Jackie O.

Williams said: "Will you marry me? I love you so much, would you mind being my betrothed until the end of time?"

Field replied: "I would love to be your betrothed until the end of time."

But his mother admitted she had known of her son's intention for about a week so the news was "no surprise" when it came.

Perdita
28-11-2009, 20:55
Simon Cowell has just congratulated him on the X Factor :D

sindydoll
28-11-2009, 22:22
but then there saying its a false rumour :wall:

Perdita
29-11-2009, 06:29
His mum allegedly has confirmed the engagement too. Bit of a cruel joke if it was :angry:

sindydoll
29-11-2009, 12:46
His mum allegedly has confirmed the engagement too. Bit of a cruel joke if it was :angry:
just what i heard on the telly..it was either this morning or loose women

lizann
30-11-2009, 17:16
He needs publicity :rolleyes:

Perdita
06-08-2010, 08:16
Robbie Williams has reportedly planned to marry girlfriend Ayda Field on Saturday.

The couple, who got engaged last November, will reportedly exchange vows in an intimate ceremony on Santa Catalina, a small island off the coast of California.

"Robbie and Ayda have been deeply in love for a long time now. They spend almost every waking minute of every day together and are completely inseparable," a source told The Sun.

"They have tried to keep the guest list for the wedding as small as possible and have revealed only scant detail of the ceremony to the lucky few who are invited."

It is believed that Williams's Take That bandmates are away on holiday and will not attend the ceremony.

Perdita
08-08-2010, 10:30
Robbie Williams has married girlfriend Ayda Field in a ceremony at his LA home.

The wedding took place on Saturday evening at the singer's £10m mansion, overlooking the San Fernando Valley, and was attended by the couple's closest family and friends.

The pair had planned to get married on Santa Catalina island off the California coast, but changed the venue after the location was leaked, according to the News of the World. Field is said to have wanted to get married before Williams begins work on the Take That reunion.

Williams's father Pete Conway said: "At last, Rob is happy. That's what you want for your kids and this is the happiest I've seen him.

"Ayda is so beautiful and so delightful and so lovely and just so right for him. They are brilliant together."

The 'Angels' star, who agreed a reported £80m pre-nup with Field, is allegedly planning to give up smoking so that the couple can start a family.

Congratulations to them, good luck for their future together

Perdita
09-08-2010, 09:51
Robbie Williams and Ayda Field have fuelled speculation that they are expecting a baby.

The newlyweds, who tied the knot at Williams's LA home on Saturday, have scheduled a mystery party for Field's friends and family at her mother's house next week, leading many to believe that the event could be a baby shower, reports The Sun.

According to a source, Williams also showed wedding guests the recent £1 million renovation on his house, which had "one room specifically intended as a nursery".

The source added: "Ayda's worked on everything from layout to colour schemes."

The 'Kids' singer has previously made no secret of his desire to have children with Field, even suggesting that he would eventually like to adopt orphans.

Perdita
12-08-2010, 17:42
Robbie Williams has confessed that he is the happiest he has ever "professionally" been.

The singer married his girlfriend Ayda Field in Los Angeles over the weekend and thanked fans for their messages in a blog post on his official website.

"Well nothing much going on in my life in the last few months," he joked.

"Thank you so much for your well wishes... it means a lot to me and us. It seems like there's going to be a happy ending after all," the 36-year-old added.

It was confirmed last month that Williams would rejoin Take That, 15 years after he quit the band.

"Re. Take That, I'm the happiest professionally that I've ever been. Not only have I gained a wife but I've also got four brothers now too.

"Thank you for every bit of support you've shone my way." He then signed off as "Hubby Williams".

Robbie Williams has revealed that he proposed to Ayda Field using a pack of cards.

The couple married on Saturday in the Take That star's Los Angeles mansion.

He told Hello magazine how he had taken the four Queens from the deck and written the words 'will', 'you', 'marry' and 'me' on them.

Field added: "Then he dropped on to one knee. I said 'Yes'."

Williams went on to explain the reason behind the proposal.

"When we first started going out, this weird thing would happen," he said. "When I had a deck of cards, I would split the pack and always come up with a Queen of Hearts."

He continued: "Because I'm into mysticism, it filled my heart and made me stop worrying about whether I was with the right person."

Field previously admitted that the couple's dogs had been bridesmaids at the ceremony.

Perdita
31-03-2012, 11:22
Robbie Williams is to become a father, as he announced his wife Ayda is pregnant.
The 38-year-old singer - whose albums include I've Been Expecting You - said he and Ayda cried when they saw the scans.
Robbie, who rejoined Take That to tour last year, announced the news on his blog.
He said: "I've been keeping a secret from you all - me and Ayda are going to be mummy and daddy this year."
His light-hearted blog entry continued: "We had sex - it works. We've seen scans and cried. Looked at babies in commercials and teared up...
"The nursery is already planned. Basically I'm in love with a little person growing in mummy's belly - and can't wait to be a daddy. Crying now."
He signed off "Roberto, Mum and Little Bump."
The couple tied the knot in August 2010.

Perdita
01-04-2012, 22:55
Robbie Williams and Ayda Field are reportedly expecting a baby girl.

The couple announced Field's pregnancy earlier this week (March 30), stating that they had "seen scans and cried".

Friends of the pair have claimed that Field will give birth in September, and that they have started to choose baby names, according to the Daily Star.

Roberta, Genevieve and Alice are allegedly among the couple's shortlist of baby names.

"He's always wanted to be a dad, so he's going all out so his new daughter will be treated like a princess," a source close to Williams said.

"He wants her to have the best of everything."

Robbie Williams is said to be working on his next solo album, which is expected to be released this autumn.