PDA

View Full Version : Paul O'Grady's pet dog Buster dies

sindydoll
20-11-2009, 10:30
Paul O'Grady's pet dog Buster has died at the age of 14.
The shih tzu and bichon frise cross, who appeared regularly on O'Grady's Channel 4 chatshow, was reportedly put to sleep after being diagnosed with cancer.
A source told The Sun: "It all happened suddenly. Buster had been suffering and in a lot of pain. Putting him down was the kind thing to do."

Meanwhile, a spokesman for the comedian confirmed the news by telling The Mirror that O'Grady is "absolutely gutted".
Buster was frequently seen on O'Grady's desk as the star read his postbag messages on air. However, earlier this month, it was announced that the popular pet had retired.
The Paul O'Grady Show is currently airing its final series on Channel 4. O'Grady will launch (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a182238/paul-ogrady-confirms-itv-deal.html) a new primetime ITV1 programme next year.

poor paul :(

Bryan
20-11-2009, 10:52
i am deeply sadden by this! :( RIP Buster :(

alan45
20-11-2009, 10:55
Call me a big softy but that is sad news. People who do not have pets probably do not understand what it is like to lose a pet. I had to get my dog put down after 17 yrs and it was terrible.

Of course it isnt the same as losing a human being but for any pet lover its still very traumatic.

Jojo
20-11-2009, 11:41
Awww RIP Buster and my thoughts are with Paul.

Losing a family pet is so very sad. I'm dreading the day when my shih tzu is older although a little way to go yet as she's still a puppy.

moonstorm
20-11-2009, 11:43
Loosing a pet is like loosing a family member.
RIP Buster

Chloe O'brien
20-11-2009, 12:30
Poor Paul he must be devasted about losing Buster. I had no idea he was that age. Loosing a pet is like loosing a family member. I lost my dog six years ago and Marley still cries about him sometimes.

Abbie
21-11-2009, 16:12
Aww thats so sad :(
RIP

I hate to think what Im going to be like when one or both of my dogs go

Perdita
24-11-2009, 10:53
CHAT show king Paul O'Grady wept yesterday as he spoke of his grief at the death of his beloved dog Buster.
The pooch, who regularly appeared on Paul's Channel 4 show, was put down last week suffering from cancer.

Paul told viewers yesterday: "The kindest thing to do was to let him go."

Addressing Buster, he said: "Wherever you are kid, you are gone but not forgotten!"

The comedian was so caught up in emotion that he swore, saying: "I'm not getting another bloody pet. Oh, sorry! Six years I've been doing this show and I've never used that word."

Paul introduced a five-minute video of Buster but then said it was too painful to watch and left the set in tears.

His other two dogs, Olga and Bullseye, have replaced Buster on his teatime show.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/2743028/Paul-OGrady-in-tears-over-the-death-of-his-beloved-dog.html

I still cry over losing my dog 35 years ago and two cats 15 and 18 years ago. Sad news. RIP Buster :(