PDA

View Full Version : marco sabba's views on housemates

chance
07-06-2005, 12:24
Anthony
Appears to be a very gentle natured boy next door. He has already stated that he would definitely have sex in front the cameras. We haven't seen a great deal from him yet but his mind is definitely set upon the OK magazine deals following the house.

Craig
I remember watching an episode of Jerry Springer once in which an incredibly obese lady tearfully confessed that she was too fat to wipe her own bottom. Amidst a sympathetic tide of ahhhs there was one single pillock in the audience who let out a wail of laughter. On Wednesday, I became that pillock when Craig broke down into tears upon learning of his nomination (although I doubt I was alone) and confessed that he wouldnt degrade himself to survive in the house. Beneath the veneer of an 'I take great pleasure in destroying people's lives,' bitchy queen persona utilised to enter the Big Brother compound lies a gentle, insecure and sympathetic individual who has shown loyalty to his friends and defied odds to survive a public eviction despite his unappealing first impression. Craig is likely to become a character who will continue to endear viewers and garner support given time.

Derek
An amalgamation of Tony Blair and Kenneth Williams. Some of his observations have been hysterical (his rant regarding Lesley the dreadful fishwife), yet his childish, foot stamping tantrums have been truly unpleasant to endure from a forty year old man. I admit, it will prove very interesting to hear some of his spin upon nomination. Already accused of being sly, some housemates have asserted that Derek is attempting to influence nominations. A more palatable, upper crest Nasty Nick perhaps? Watch this space.

Kemal
Introduced with a flamboyant, flattering and favourable introductory video Kemal entered the house in what was deemed to be (by the impartial presenters) the greatest Big Brother entrance of all time. Let there be no doubt that Kemal is a professional Big Brother contestant who has spent hours studying the attributes which have endeared previously successful housemates. He has thusfar been shown to exhibit a flamboyant wardrobe to challenge Nadia; an analytical nature to rival Dan and a degree of camp histrionics to contest the most outrageous of prior household residents. Housemates are never shown to discuss him in unkind terms; he is seen to be the catalyst of practically every argument and bout of laughter created in the house. My central concern regarding the heavily pro-biased editing of Kemal is that more interesting developments in the house have been overshadowed to unnecessarily lather him with additional screen time. The general audience has seen very little of the compelling animosity between Lesley and Sam; the flirtations between Maxwell and Saskia; or general insight into the various participants lives. My problem with Kemal lies more with his editors than Kemal himself. He has admitted that he doesn't wear stilettos at home and I would venture that he would usually take a shower than sit in a bin full of water. Furthermore, I couldnt imagine a person would incite episodes of contention at every given opportunity (I only want the bowl which has more rice than salad!). Despite these misgivings I disapprove more of Kemal, the Big Brother pre-packaged politically correct feel good for voting for bi-sexual flamboyant Islamic ethnic tanned winner commodity than the individual. It's too contrived. It's so fabulously last
season, diva.

Lesley
Les-laaaay has proved to be down to earth, honest and forthcoming with her opinions in the highlight shows. Despite a façade of pure narcissism (I love myself I do) she is reduced to tears at a mere hint of physical criticism and has shown signs of insecurity. Those who have watched the live feeds will be frustrated that much of the animosity between her and Sam hasn't made the highlights as it has proved both compelling and vicious to watch. Big Brother clearly intends to keep a significant portion of Lesley hidden from view, for the time being at least.

Makosi
I fell out of bed laughing when Makosi defiantly informed her housemates that she had been offered twelve bottles of wine to clean five aprons but would not do so because she felt that Big Brother was bullying her. 24 carot television gold. The Makosi moments have come thick and fast in the first week, entirely overshadowing the other housemates. Switching on the bedroom lights while others were sleeping. Genius. Talking over others and negating others opinions. Genius. Insisting that cherryade is an essential and that wine is a luxury. Genius. The unlucky 13th housemate mission was, essentially, genius. Makosi is a feisty, direct and fiercely competitive individual. I would rather cross a busy motorway under the influence of crack cocaine than cross Makosi on a bad day. I initially adored the African diva princess but am becoming concerned that the line between a performance during her secret mission and reality may not be so fine after all. The histrionics are also becoming predictable and repetitive (I genuinely empathised after the first set of tears but breaking down every other day is becoming ridiculous). Despite these minor qualms, Makosi is undoubtedly one of the biggest characters Big Brother has produced, an asset to Big Brother 6, and dripping with X-factor. It will be fascinating to watch her develop and execute her game plans over the coming weeks.

Mary
Apparently, keeping your head down, attempting to comfort those who seem lost and generally being friendly to those around you smacks of desperate attention seeking behaviour whereas entering the Big Brother house with a broomstick and cape, deliberately walking the opposite direction of the house, and whipping off your cape for the paparazzi does not. Saskia had every right to wipe the floor with Mary that evening. Mary had been utterly vile to her and Mary's descent into further paranoia would have been painful to witness. She will, however, be sorely missed, the most memorable first evictee of all time (sorry Kitten!).

Maxwell
I genuinely believe that Maxwell is a very simple what-you-see-is-what-you-get cockney geezer. When he has a problem with an individual he addresses them personally. He is not afraid of conflict and is actually very funny (Jesus loves you bands?! If Jesus loved you he wouldnt make you wear Jesus loves you bands!) There is more chance of Nicola Holt becoming a presenter for GMTV than Maxwell winning the programme for the simple fact that an average male will never again win Big Brother. I believe it was foreshadowing when the producers chose to show Brian Dowling at the end of the top twenty housemates admitting that "If another gay person wins Big Brother I'll never show my face in Soho again" immediately prior to Big Brother 6. Admittedly Maxwell has been an instigator in the house, provoking arguments and sitting back to watch the consequences but I at least hope to see Maxwell amongst the final four.

Roberto
The Italian stallion has given us some very witty one liners such as "no wonder the NHS is going down the pan with nurses like her." He has also shown a compassionate side when comforting Craig. I can understand how housemates could become infuriated by somebody who becomes possessive over household chores such as cooking and cleaning. When you cook in the Big Brother house this automatically makes you a more valuable contributor and asset to the group. I do believe that much of what were seeing of Roberto at the moment is reflected in the real world. The pressure cooker environment may come to prove too much for the passionate Italian temperament. Kemal is already beginning to grate on him. When this one finally explodes expect nothing less than Mount Versuvius.

Sam
Sam could very quickly become one of the most hated Big Brother contestants of all time. With her snide, vicious glares at fellow participants and irritating giggles which punctuate every other sentence Maxwell and Anthony utter, she has come across as an utterly vapid and spiteful atrocity to mankind. In many ways I actually feel very sorry for the girl. Some of the attacks she has received from Lesley have been tantamount to bullying. Sam is clearly a hate figure who will accumulate a profitable sum upon her eviction. In failing to show any of the spats between Sam and Lesley, Endemol have elected to negate any potential public sympathy which could accrue in her favour. Meanwhile, the relatively few clips the public has endured of Sam have consisted of intelligent and rational diary room discussions in which she probes and debates the burning eternal questions of whether Max iz fit or Anthonyz up 4 a shag coz hez fit. Hmmm.

Saskia
We've seen very little of Saskia thus far. Her confrontation of Mary was classic Big Brother at its very best. A slow burner but has already showed her potential as an excellent housemate.

Science
Initially edited to appear as a poor man's Victor, Science has displayed his intelligence in asserting that Masoki was under a secret mission from the top. The negative first impression he made is beginning to wane and the minimal amount of nominations he attained displays that he is a popular member of the house.

Overall, Big Brother has assembled an excellent assortment of housemates for public consumption, vilification and adoration. I shall return shortly with my updated observations.

Treacle
07-06-2005, 12:49
I love Marco Sabba and Emma Greenwood, fantastic :D

daisy38
07-06-2005, 13:28
What happened to Vanessa? Oh maybe he wasn't a loud to talk about her considering they are friends! I mean it just wouldn't be fair! :lol: