PDA

View Full Version : Journey South

tammyy2j
12-11-2009, 15:48
X Factor stars Journey South have confirmed that they are releasing a Help For Heroes Christmas single.

Andy and Carl Pemberton, who finished third in the second series of the ITV1 reality show, will re-release their track 'What I Love About Home' with all proceeds going to the British charity for wounded servicemen and women.

"It's a song about when you are away from home, how much you miss home. For all the guys out in Afghanistan, missing their families, it must be a terrible time. To realise they are not coming home for Christmas, well we think the song is very apt for that," Carl told DS.

The brothers are hoping that the single will challenge this year's X Factor winner for the festive number one spot.

"It did really well on the forces radio station. They told us, 'We're not in the game of breaking artists, but we have heard the song and just thought it was very apt'," said Andy. "They played it and it got a massive response from the troops and troops' families.

"Two years later, with all the current issues, we thought it would be good to re-release it alongside Help For Heroes and give all the proceeds to them. That's what we're doing in time for Christmas and hopefully it will compete with the X Factor single."

The song is currently being re-recorded in Sweden with producers Carl Falk and Didrik Thott. It will be available to download from Sunday, December 13.

Journey South - Interview

Middlesbrough's Carl and Andy Pemberton won the UK's hearts on the 2005 series of The X Factor with their renditions of rock classics such as 'Angel of Harlem', 'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For' and 'Let It Be'. The duo reached the live final, but ended up losing out to Andy Abraham and eventual winner Shayne Ward. DS caught up with the boys four years on to find out what life has been like post-The X Factor.

Tell us a bit about the Help For Heroes track you are releasing at Christmas?
Andy: "'What I Love About Home' is a song we wrote a couple of years ago. It became the title track of our second album Home and it did really well on the forces radio station. They told us, 'We're not in the game of breaking artists, but we have heard the song and just thought it was very apt'. They played it and it got a massive response from the troops and troops' families. Two years later, with all the current issues, we thought it would be good to re-release it alongside Help For Heroes and give all the proceeds to them. That's what we're doing in time for Christmas and hopefully it will compete with the X Factor single."
Carl: "It's a song about when you are away from home, how much you miss home. For all the guys out in Afghanistan, missing their families, it must be a terrible time. To realise they are not coming home for Christmas, well we think the song is very apt for that."

Tell us a bit about your success in South Africa?
Carl: "We've had two singles ('Reconcile our Love', 'What I Love About Home') and one album, which was a combination of our two UK records. 'What I Love About Home' was voted the best song of 2008 over there, so that was an amazing achievement. We're looking at going out there next year with an arena tour. Things are going really well out there."

Are you pleased that people are starting to refer to you without the tag 'reality TV stars'?
Andy: "We will never want to not be referred back to The X Factor because it was that show which gave us our big break in the end. For eight years before that we were trying to get a record deal and never thought it would be through a reality talent show. But at the end of the day, it's all about getting there and getting your face known. People know who we are now and we have a foot in the door, which will never go away. It's all about the music now."

What are your ambitions for the future?
Andy: "We want to show people what we are capable of. Me and Carl love songwriting, we can sit in a small theatre and entertain people acoustically. You get a lot of people who mime these days. We have a lot to prove and we haven't exerted ourselves at all yet. We want to be able to do three, four, five, six more albums and still be doing this when we're 50 or 60 - like the Rolling Stones. Them people are just so lucky."

Do you miss the celebrity aspect that came with being on The X Factor?
Carl: "It never really attracted us that part of it. We wanted to just be able to make music and not worry about the money."
Andy: "We're always embarrassed when people recognise us and we've never been that comfortable with interviews. It's taken us a while to get used to it. We don't go to parties or things like that. Will Young's like that. You hardly ever see him at parties, he's just interested in his music. That's like us, we're all about the music. It's so corny, isn't it, but it's true."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRAByxjryqo

Chloe O'brien
14-11-2009, 00:14
I liked JS on x factor. There cd for the troops should boost their sales. I've bought the soliders cd.

Abbie
14-11-2009, 00:16
Wow, first time Ive heard of them since

luckylady
22-11-2009, 14:03
hi everyone - am new to this forum - and actually only found it by googling journey south

i cant wait for this single to be released - it will be available to download on 13 dec at one min past midnight - for anyone who is still up at that time of night :eek: It is for a great cause, Help for Heroes, and Andy and Carl aka JS totally deserve a chance to get back into the charts - so please please download the single.

Abbie - they are still performing and writing songs now - they have a page on facebook, and also their own website and forum - have a look :cheer: They really are lovely guys - great voices, very down to earth, and very very sexy too - which helps big time :wub:

Teardrop
22-11-2009, 15:40
Not much I can add to the previous post. Andy and Carl are fantastic guys, talented and charming, they so deserve this new single to be a massive success and please don't forget it is for a extremely worthy cause.

Please download What I Love About Home, released on 13th December and help Journey South to raise money for Help for Heroes.

Lindalifecoach
01-12-2009, 19:44
JOURNEY SOUTH ARE FABULOUS GUYS, THEY ARE SO HARD WORKING AND DOWN TO EARTH.:cheer: :bow:

I HAVE FOLLOWED THEM ALL OVER THE COUNTRY SINCE THE X FACTOR, AND HAVE LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT.:heart:

THE NEW SINGLE WHAT I LOVE ABOUT HOME IS A FABULOUS SONG

THE VIDEO IS SO POIGNANT AND SO MEANINGFUL, AND TRULY SHOWS THE HEARTFELT MEANING OF THE SONG.:heart:

CARL AND ANDY DESERVE TO HAVE A HIT WITH THIS, AS IT IS GOING TO SUCH A GREAT CAUSE TOO HELP FOR HEROES, THIS IS SUCH A FABULOUS AND WORTHWHILE CHARITY WHICH DESERVES OUR SUPPORT TOO.:cheer:

LINDAXXX

Teardrop
01-12-2009, 19:53
Please check out the official video for What I Love About Home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZT3luYtedg

Lindalifecoach
01-12-2009, 20:40
How fabulous to add the video for everyone to see

Great idea teardrop
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Lindaxxx

Teardrop
14-12-2009, 19:39
I've downloaded What I Love About Home (Help for Heroes), it's beautiful, very moving. It costs less than £1 and don't forget all the proceeds are going to Help for Heroes who do such great work.