PDA

View Full Version : 'Neighbours' asked Jason Donovan to return

Perdita
11-11-2009, 06:13
ason Donovan has revealed that he was offered the chance to return to Neighbours after a 20-year absence.

The actor, who played Scott Robinson on the soap, confessed that the show's producers recently invited him to join in with the 25th anniversary celebrations next year, reports PA.

Donovan said: "They have asked me to come back and be part of the celebrations. But I can't - I'm working - which is a shame."

The star also claimed that bosses have approached him several times in the past about making a comeback to the programme where he made his name.

He added: "They have offered for me to come back, but time has moved on considerably for me since then. I'm very proud of that show. It's launched incredible careers over the years, and given a lot of work to people in the industry in Melbourne and Australia.

"Every day of my life I refer to it at some point and I'm not someone who runs away from that. I'm very proud of that, so long may it last."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s14/neighbours/news/a186246/neighbours-asked-jason-donovan-to-return.html