PDA

View Full Version : Angela and Friends

tammyy2j
09-11-2009, 14:06
Put the kettle on, sit back and relax with Angela and Friends this November – a brand new live daytime chat show hosted by Angela Griffin on Sky1, launching Monday 9th November 2009. Opinionated, aspirational and bold, each day Angela and Friends will get to grips with the latest showbiz stories, lifestyle trends and viewer comments, as well as welcoming celebrity guests to the studio in a live 90 minute show.

Joining Angela each day will be her three co-presenting friends, on a rotating cycle. Confirmed names so far include Sara Cox, Duncan James, Lisa Faulkner, Jeremy Edwards, Zöe Salmon, Jayne Middlemiss, Amanda Lamb and Nancy Sorrell, each bringing a distinctly different dynamic to the small screen as they scour newspapers, magazines and websites for a variety of attention-grabbing headlines before gearing up to have their say on the subject in lively debate.

Viewers will be able to immerse themselves in Angela’s world both on and off screen, interacting via Skype, Twitter and a variety of new media platforms, bringing the debate alive long after the show’s broadcast. The show will also feature a daily lifestyle club looking at books, films, health and beauty and fashion, which viewers can engage with directly via the website and a giant plasma wall in the studio.

Angela Griffin commented: “I’m really, really excited about Angela and Friends, it’s an amazing opportunity that Sky has given me and I can’t wait to get started. It’s gonna be nerve wracking, but I’m determined to work hard and have major fun. It’s not every day you get your own show is it!”

Perdita
10-11-2009, 07:30
Angela Griffin has admitted that she has no plans to read reviews of her new Sky1 show Angela and Friends.

The Waterloo Road actress, who launched the daytime magazine programme earlier today, confirmed that she will be blissfully unaware if her new project gets slated in the press.

Speaking to We Love Telly, Griffin explained: "[The worst thing about TV is] if someone says something horrid about you in the paper and your mum reads it. It hasn't happened to me, but my mum's scared it will with Angela and Friends because I'm not in my normal zone.

"I'll cope by not reading any reviews. And if people don't watch, I'll go back to acting."

Revealing that she also ignores positive reactions to her work, Griffin continued: "There are a lot of shallow people in the world. It doesn't make them bad, but I've learned never to believe anyone saying you're brilliant or the next big thing. You just need your own inner confidence."

Angela and Friends airs on weekdays at 2pm on Sky1.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a185956/griffin-i-wont-read-show-reviews.html