PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Crabtree leaving Corrie

Perdita
06-11-2009, 16:18
Actress Tupele Dorgu, who plays Kelly Crabtree has decided to leave Corrie early next year.

Tupele will leave the cobbles, when her current contract ends, after five years on the show.

However, before her departure, knicker-stitcher Kelly will find herself caught up in factory politics, when she catches the eye of Weatherfield’s returning prodigal son Nick Tilsley.

Speaking of her decision to leave the show, Tupele said: "I feel privileged to have been part of such an iconic show for five years and I am grateful to everyone at Coronation Street for the opportunities I have been given. I have however decided to leave the show and am very excited about seeking new challenges and opportunities within the industry.”

http://www.itv.com/soaps/coronationstreet/news/tupeletoleaveshow/

alan45
06-11-2009, 16:52
Good riddance to her. Her character was a waste of space

tammyy2j
06-11-2009, 20:55
good riddance its time for her move on but she was terribly underused as a character

Chloe O'brien
06-11-2009, 23:33
What's the point of Kelly having a fling with Nick Tisley if she is leaving.

Perdita
07-11-2009, 05:22
Probably provides her exit storyline

Abbie
07-11-2009, 13:07
I quite liked her, I know she didnt do much but now and then she made me laugh

LostVoodoo
07-11-2009, 17:47
I've always liked Kelly but I saw her in the factory the other night and realised she hasn't had a storyline in about two years! poor thing.

Perdita
07-11-2009, 18:13
http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=95404&highlight=kelly%27s+mum

Did she ever turn up? I don't remember her, if she did. That would have been a nice storyline, I reckon, to find out more about Kelly and her family

Hannelene
09-11-2009, 13:57
I thought when she first was in the show she had some kind of potential now I have read she is leaving it is no great loss as she hardly has any storylines :(

Perdita
17-01-2010, 20:19
Antony Cotton has revealed that the cast of Coronation Street will miss Tupele Dorgu when she leaves at the end of the month.

The 32-year-old actress announced in November that she is departing the ITV1 soap after five years.

Dorgu, who plays the Street's Kelly Crabtree, said that she wants to move on to "new challenges" within the industry.

Antony Cotton told PA that the whole cast wished her the very best in her future career. "Tupele leaves in about two weeks, which we're all really sad about, but she's going on to new things, pastures new," he said.

"When any of our fold leave it's sad, but we're hoping that they do well, and we'll follow Tupele."

DS