PDA

View Full Version : Wylde Exit

lizann
05-11-2009, 12:24
Emmerdale actor Maxwell Caulfield is to leave the Yorkshire soap in the New Year, it has been announced.

The 49-year-old, who plays bigamist Mark Wylde, will bow out of the show in the early part of January when his character's shady past catches up with him, sending shockwaves through the village.

Caulfield said of his decision to leave: "I can't believe how fast my year in beautiful Yorkshire has flown by! But there was only so long Mark could keep those two women on the boil before he was the one getting burned! I'm confident the viewers will find this story gripping to the very end. Emmerdale is in great shape and I'll miss them all."

He took the decision not to renew his contract upon the expiry of his original 12-month deal. However, the remainder of his screen relatives, including Kim Thomson (Faye Lamb) and Amanda Donohoe (Natasha Wylde), have all signed new contracts with the ITV serial.

Series producer Gavin Blyth said: "The highly-anticipated departure of Mark Wylde has given us scope for a fantastic exit storyline over the winter months that will keep viewers on the edge of their seats."

Of the final chapter in Mark's tale, Blyth teased: "We could see history repeated and Mark ditch the dales for a brand new life. Or will he keep his promise and leave the village with ex-flame Faye? Perhaps a twist will ensue and Natasha will get her man for keeps, or could something far more sinister rid Mark of his demons forever?

"This is the final act to be played out for Mark Wylde and it’s guaranteed to be as unpredictable and explosive as when any major character leaves Emmerdale."

Speaking of Caulfield's decision to leave, he added: "Maxwell has been a true asset to Emmerdale and a highly valued member of our cast. We are indebted to him for his passion and commitment to the show over the past year and he will be greatly missed by the production team and viewers alike."

Caulfield is due to finish filming at the soap's home in Leeds next month and will remain on screen until the second week of January.

alan45
05-11-2009, 13:47
Good riddance to him. I hope he takes his with with him. Serfiously I hope Faye stays

Perdita
05-11-2009, 14:31
Only to be expected, the bigamy storyline will 'explode' at Christmas and there is no way the character can stay in Emmerdale. I hope he takes Natasha with him, I think her acting in this show is terrible, to say the least.

tammyy2j
05-11-2009, 15:10
I think he dies - i hope the other Wyldes and Faye leave also

Ryan can stay :wub:

Perdita
05-11-2009, 15:35
MAXWELL Caulfield is going to leave Emmerdale as bigamist Mark Wylde in an explosive storyline in the New Year.

The soap announced today that the Grease 2 star is moving on from the Dales after a 12-month stint on the show.

Insiders say the love-rat's departure will see him caught in a "web of twisted deceit".

Millionaire Mark arrived in the village last Christmas with his wife Natasha (Amanda Donohoe) but his first wife Faye (Kim Thomson) soon tracked him down and exposed him as a bigamist with a false name and a son, Ryan (James Sutton), who he never knew he had.

And now it's thought his sordid secrets will come back to haunt him and his exit could see the weak-willed womaniser get his comeuppance.

Series Producer Gavin Blyth said: "The highly anticipated departure of Mark Wylde has given us scope for a fantastic exit storyline over the winter months that will keep viewers on the edge of their seats.

"We could see history repeated and Mark ditch the Dales for a brand new life. Or will he keep his promise and leave the village with ex flame Faye?

"Perhaps a twist will ensue and Natasha will get her man for keeps, or could something far more sinister rid Mark of his demons forever?

"This is the final act to be played out for Mark Wylde and it's guaranteed to be as unpredictable and explosive as when any major character leaves Emmerdale."

Maxwell said: "I can't believe how fast my year in beautiful Yorkshire has flown by. But there was only so long Mark could keep those two women on the boil before he was the one getting burned!

"I'm confident the viewers will find this story gripping to the very end. Emmerdale is in great shape and I'll miss them all."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/2715344/Wylde-time-over-in-Emmerdale.html#ixzz0W02XLRQC

Oh, I like the idea of him going off with somebody else alltogether

tammyy2j
05-11-2009, 17:12
^ maybe he leaves with Charity - i think she is only around for 6 months

Perdita
05-11-2009, 17:22
I thought she was around for much longer :eek:

Abbie
07-11-2009, 13:11
Good! He reallly cant act!

Abbie
07-11-2009, 13:11
^ maybe he leaves with Charity - i think she is only around for 6 months

aww I hope she extends her contract

alan45
07-11-2009, 17:43
Cant wait for Tuesday night to see David punching Pretty-boy Nathan and the following night when Leyla knees him in the goolies:sick: :rotfl:

Perdita
07-11-2009, 18:10
I don't normally condone violence but in this case I make an exeption :lol:

Hannelene
09-11-2009, 14:09
I am pleased that he is going as he is so wooden!

Perdita
23-12-2009, 09:29
MARK'S Wylde time in Emmerdale is about to come to an end - but how will he leave the soap?

The bigamist's world comes crashing down when the truth about his affair with Faye Lamb (Kim Thomson) comes out.

His deceit will force him to leave the village.

Bosses have constructed three endings - will Mark, played by Maxwell Caulfield, die in a hit and run, do a runner or stick to his plan to leave the Dales with Faye?

Find out on January 14 at 7pm on ITV1.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/2782063/Mark-Wyldes-time-in-Emmerdale-is-about-to-come-to-an-end.html#ixzz0aVDWW5Gf

alan45
23-12-2009, 10:00
I hope he doesnt leave with Faye.

Faye is an excellent well played character and I think there are a lot of possibilities for her character.

tammyy2j
23-12-2009, 22:02
He does a runner i think

Abbie
24-12-2009, 23:57
I dont care how he goes, would be nice to see him die cos that = no return

but which ever way as long as he is GONE

Perdita
25-12-2009, 15:51
Emmerdale star Maxwell Caulfield has revealed that he would love to land a part in the next James Bond movie.

The actor, who will bow out from his soap role as bigamist Mark Wylde in the New Year, admitted that he wants to play a new nemesis for 007 in the superspy's next adventure.

Asked to name his dream role in an interview with Inside Soap, Caulfield replied: "I wouldn't mind going toe-to-toe with Daniel Craig as the arch-villain in the next James Bond movie.

"Those films are so cool and action-packed these days that you practically have to strap yourself into your seat."

Caulfield also said that he would be willing to accept a part in ITV1 police drama The Bill.

He explained: "My wife, Juliet [Mills], and I enjoy watching The Bill - it's pretty dramatic. I've never played a British cop, so I wouldn't mind doing that. Look at me lobbying for my next gig already!"

The star's final Emmerdale scenes will air in the second week of January.

alan45
25-12-2009, 17:11
FFS who is he kidding. The only thinh more dodgy than his acting is his hairpiece.

On reflection he is an ideal candidate for The Sun Hill CID Show

TaintedLove
25-12-2009, 23:05
FFS who is he kidding. The only thinh more dodgy than his acting is his hairpiece.

That really did make me laugh out loud :lol:

lizann
26-12-2009, 17:11
I hope his two families follow him out of the village

Hannelene
28-12-2009, 12:53
I can see him running off as he is a coward deep down never willing to face any kind of responsiblity :(

Abbie
03-01-2010, 22:46
I really wish he would hurry up and leave

Perdita
05-01-2010, 12:14
Emmerdale bigamist Mark Wylde is to be murdered in a shock storyline twist, show producers have announced.

The businessman, played by actor Maxwell Caulfield, will meet a grisly end in an hour-long episode which is to be screened on January 14.

Caulfield announced his decision to quit the rural soap last November, but details of his exit had remained a secret until now.

A number of the programme's characters have motives for murder, but fans will not discover who the killer is until the dramatic instalment is screened next week.

Mark's partner Natasha (Amanda Donohoe) is likely to be seen as one potential culprit in the run-up to the tragedy. Next week, she will discover that Mark has been cheating on her with first wife Faye Lamb, played by Kim Thomson.

Faye herself may decide to get revenge for the way she has been treated by Mark in the past, while one of the love cheat's children Ryan (James Sutton), Maisie (Alice Coulthard) or Nathan (Lyndon Ogbourne) could teach him a lesson after having their own lives affected by his behaviour.

Speaking of his one-year stint on the show, Caulfield commented: "It's been one of the best experiences of my career and I've had the opportunity to work with the loveliest group of people. To have the privilege of working with two knockout actresses on a daily basis made Mark really fun to play."

Caulfield recently revealed that he would now like to play a Bond villain or secure a role on The Bill.

DS

lizann
05-01-2010, 12:53
does anyone actually care i dont

Perdita
05-01-2010, 12:59
does anyone actually care i dont

I do, now that he is going and NEVER COMING BACK :cheer:

tammyy2j
05-01-2010, 14:32
It cant come soon enough i just hope hjs annoying family leaves also

Hannelene
09-01-2010, 11:12
The whole family serves no purpose!
So when Mark leaves what would be the point of any of them being around still?

Perdita
09-01-2010, 12:25
Amanda has signed another contract so she will stay and her kids, no doubt. Doesn't look as if Faye is going anywhere soon either.

Perdita
12-01-2010, 18:33
Emmerdale series producer Gavin Blyth has described this week's climactic episodes to the Wylde-Lamb story as 'some of the best he's ever seen'.

Starting from this evening's instalment, the remaining episodes of the week play out a day's action in the village. As the lives of his two wives Faye and Natasha, sons Nathan and Ryan and daughter Maisie are thrown into turmoil, each struggles to come to terms with the implications of Mark's lies.

The action comes to a head during Thursday's double bill when one relative is pushed to the edge and dramatically decides to end Mark's lying ways once and for all - exacting the ultimate revenge by murdering him in cold blood.

Speaking exclusively to DS, Blyth said: "I am so very proud of these episodes and they are some of the best that I have seen, let alone be involved with.

"As of tonight's first showdown, the week plays out as a single and absolutely unmissable day of emotional drama. The pace of writing, directing and acting is exceptional at every turn."

He added: "They prove that Emmerdale really is at the top of its game and very much back where it belongs."

Over the last week, Emmerdale has logged an impressive series of ratings, averaging over 8m viewers for seven consecutive episodes. Thursday's 8pm instalment topped the 9m ceiling for the first time in nearly three years.

DS

Lizzz
12-01-2010, 22:37
One thing that surprises me in Emmerdale is the number of murderers who are never arrested/prosecuted. Off the top of my head, Louise the barmaid at the Woolpack killed someone, think Zoe Tate did, Carl King did and may well be another killer who's never been caught.

PILKY
12-01-2010, 22:41
cant wait to watch it and see who does it