PDA

View Full Version : Robbie Williams confirms Take That plans

sindydoll
04-11-2009, 16:01
Robbie Williams has confirmed that he has plans to perform again with Take That.
The 'Bodies' (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/singlesreviews/a180558/robbie-williams-bodies.html) popstar, who left the group in 1995, spoke about reuniting with former bandmates Gary Barlow, Mark Owen, Jason Orange and Howard Donald on Friday Night With Jonathan Ross.
When asked whether a reformation may happen, he said: "Yes I hope so."
He continued: "We've got together, done bits and bobs. I can't say much."
The singer was rumoured (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a179588/williams-extends-take-that-session.html) to have spent time in a New York studio with the 'Rule The World' group earlier this year. Barlow has also spoke frequently about his renewed friendship (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a184239/gary-barlow-i-love-robbies-album.html) with the 35-year-old.
Williams, who is promoting new album Reality Killed The Video Star, performed upcoming single 'You Know Me' and 2002 hit 'Feel' on the BBC chatshow.

Luna
04-11-2009, 17:56
i love how papers can turn things around

He said we've done bits and bobs not yes i will be returning for a one off or not!!!

They dont need him....he decided to leave...should never go back

sindydoll
04-11-2009, 21:34
i dont think he should go back he had the chance turned them down laughed thinking they would never make it and look at them bigger than ever before..im not a fan but im pleased for them

Chloe O'brien
04-11-2009, 23:41
He has left it too late to go back. If he was to rejoin the group it should have been within the first couple of years after he left not 14 years later. Take That are a four piece band now and that is how they should stay.

Abbie
07-11-2009, 13:16
I dont think they need it, I wish they would just leave things like they are

I mean if they did a one of thing but maybe some charity concert I would accept that

sindydoll
08-11-2009, 06:37
he is returning to do a one off gig to do a children in need gig at the royal albert hall

Perdita
08-11-2009, 06:43
Robbie Williams will reportedly bring an end to his 14-year absence from Take That with a one-off performance next week.

The show is to form part of a Children In Need concert, which is being held at the Royal Albert Hall and will also include performances by Snow Patrol, Lily Allen, Dizzee Rascal, Leona Lewis, Muse and Sir Paul McCartney.

A source told the Daily Star that 'Could It Be Magic' might be the song through which the greatly-anticipated reformation is played out.

"It's the gig where Robbie finally gets back with Take That. They're mates again and doing it for charity seems like the best way," the insider said.

"Everyone fears Rob will change his mind. But he feels it's the right time."

Williams left the boyband in 1995 to launch his own career. Gary Barlow, Mark Owen, Howard Donald and Jason Orange remained together before eventually splitting the following year. They reformed in 2006 and have recently been working on their first live album Take That Present: The Circus Live, which is due for release at the end of this month.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a185708/robbie-to-make-one-off-take-that-return.html

Perdita
09-11-2009, 06:14
Take That singer Mark Owen has married his fiancee Emma Ferguson at an intimate ceremony in the Highlands.

The service was held at Cawdor Parish Church, near Inverness, followed by a reception at Cawdor Castle.

The couple emerged from the church just before 1800 GMT and were showered with confetti by their guests.

Take That, made up of Owen, Gary Barlow, Howard Donald and Jason Orange, were reunited with former bandmate Robbie Williams at the event.

Wedding guests made an archway for the couple to walk under, which obscured the bride and groom from the view of fans who had queued for up to six hours, leading to shouts and boos.

The wedding service had begun as darkness fell on the Highland town. It is understood the bride had requested a service by candlelight.

Owen, 37, from Oldham, arrived with fellow band members Gary Barlow, Howard Donald and Jason Orange and waved at fans.

Former band member Robbie Williams was also at the ceremony, having arrived in Scotland on a private jet late on Friday night.

The band, rumoured to be reuniting as a group, were expected to sing at the wedding, with Owen posting on the website: "No doubt once the boys have had a few drinks we will get into song."

The bride arrived 25 minutes late for the wedding, wearing a white V-neck fitted gown, embellished with crystals, and an antique-style veil.

Surrounded by photographers, she was assisted into the church by her bridesmaids.

She smiled and waved as the crowd outside the church cheered and applauded.

Celebrations were due to be held in two huge teepees constructed for the massive event.

Cawdor Castle, between Inverness and Nairn, has been the ancestral seat of the Thanes of Cawdor since the late 14th Century and was popularised in Shakespeare's tragedy MacBeth.

The estate houses Drynachan Lodge, which sleeps up to 22 people and is surrounded by five cottages where guests will also be staying.

The giant teepees, which can hold up to 60 people, have been erected on the grass behind the lodge overlooking the river Findhorn.

Industrial heaters to keep the guests warms were set up at the site.

Owen and Emma, who is an actress, arrived on Thursday, and had a dress rehearsal in the evening.

The marriage is the biggest celebrity wedding to hit the Highlands since Madonna wed Guy Ritchie at Skibo Castle in 2000.

Only 50 guests, including the couple's two children, Elwood, three, and Willow Rose, one, were due to witness the low-key ceremony.

'Under orders'

After the service, the guests were due to be transported to Cawdor Castle for a private, lavish reception with high-security employed to stop gate-crashing.

Before the service, Arlene Lapham, manageress at the Cawdor Tavern, just yards for the church, said: "I think it will be a great asset to the village and will put Cawdor on the map. It is hard to say what we all expect because Cawdor is a quiet village and you don't see many people."

However, Cawdor pensioner Alasdair MacLeod said he was concerned about where fans and the media would park in the village.

"The biggest difficulty is parking and of course all of the fanatics could be quite a problem," he said.

One local, who did not wish to be named, said: "The whole of Cawdor is abuzz with expectation.

"Staff at the castle are under orders not to say anything about it, but we have heard they are gutting out part of the castle to prepare something special for the reception."

Owen, who won the second series of Celebrity Big Brother in 2002, has been engaged to Emma since 2006.

The couple, who have turned down magazine offers to cover the ceremony, have visited the Highlands in the past and have told friends the venue is their dream location.

Take That reformed in 2006 - more than a decade after splitting up.

From BBC News

Congratulations to them :cheer:

sindydoll
13-11-2009, 09:25
A tearful Robbie Williams (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/fc/robbie-williams.html) has joined his old Take That bandmates on stage for the first time in 15 years.
http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/ne/itn/20091113/06/4126406701-robbie-good.jpg#300,225 Robbie back for good? (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/photos/slideshow/cheryl-cole-photos.html?imageUrl=/itn/20091113/r_p_itn_en/pen-1258094029-showbiz-5005-f9a1daaec993)

[/URL]

The five were together on Thursday night at the Royal Albert Hall in London. It was the Children in Need gig Gary Barlow spent months arranging.
After the band opened the show with Greatest Day Barlow, 38, told the audience it was "the perfect time to introduce an old friend."
Williams came on to embrace his old pals before singing Bodies and new single, You Know Me.
This latest show of unity will fuel rumours a proper reunion could be on the cards.
The show, which included performances from [URL="http://uk.news.yahoo.com/fc/x-factor.html"]Leona Lewis (http://uk.messages.news.yahoo.com/Entertainment/forumview?bn=UKN-EN-Cheryl-Cole&e=jbs5d02hTwgjnsNmhQdQVfl1yxt0UvE5cB32DzVe0jKb8OEY r2Rl2eqIEnKyi9FNYQeAtgWtdovU4BFSUR0gOjEm3zckzro6) and Muse, will be broadcast on BBC1 on Thursday November 19 at 8pm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CGjuSRymJE

sindydoll
13-11-2009, 23:45
He has left it too late to go back. If he was to rejoin the group it should have been within the first couple of years after he left not 14 years later. Take That are a four piece band now and that is how they should stay.
it was on the news today that Robbie has confirmed his return to the band and he has been recording new material with take that so i think he is back for good

Perdita
15-07-2010, 16:22
Robbie Williams has confirmed that he is rejoining Take That to record an album and tour.

The 'Angels' singer released a joint statement with his former group, claiming that the reunion "feels like coming home".

"The rumours are true... Take That: the original lineup, have written and recorded a new album for release later this year," read the band's statement.

"Following months of speculation Gary Barlow, Howard Donald, Jason Orange, Mark Owen and Robbie Williams confirmed they have been recording a new studio album as a five-piece, which they will release in November.

"It is the first time they've recorded a full album together since the release of their number one album Nobody Else back in 1995."

Williams commented: "I get embarrassingly excited when the five of us are in a room. It feels like coming home."

Mark Owen added: "Getting the five of us to be in a room together, although always a dream, never actually seemed like becoming a reality. Now the reality of the five of us making a record together feels like a dream. It's been an absolute delight spending time with Rob again. But I'm still a better footballer."

The group are also expected to tour together, either later this year or in 2011.

tammyy2j
16-07-2010, 11:28
His career is gone down the pan so he rejoins them now

I know many fans will be happy but I prefer them as a four piece now

lizann
16-07-2010, 17:21
Take That will reportedly earn £75 million following Robbie Williams's return to the group.

Williams, who left the band in 1995, confirmed yesterday that he will rejoin them for an album and arena tour.

According to The Sun, each member of Take That stands to make £15 million from the deal, including record sales, royalties, endorsements and concert tickets.

A source told the newspaper: "Robbie has some commitments with Live Nation and a couple of appearances with Gary for the new single lined up.

"But after that, Take That's creative tour team will be working on the biggest show they have ever put on. Kim Gavin, who has worked with Take That on all their spectacular tours, is already briefed and ready to start coming up with amazing ideas."

Yesterday, Williams unveiled the tracklist and artwork for his retrospective LP In And Out Of Conciousness - The Greatest Hits 1990-2010.

The album will feature a duet with Take That frontman Gary Barlow, called 'Shame'.

sindydoll
16-07-2010, 19:25
so 1 album 54 gigs and thats the end of take that! well i wont be sorry

Perdita
16-07-2010, 19:29
never liked them like others did, always preferred Westlife :wub: and Boyzone :wub: so I really don't care. Llike some of Robbie's solo stuff though :)

Chloe O'brien
17-07-2010, 00:28
His career is gone down the pan so he rejoins them now

I know many fans will be happy but I prefer them as a four piece now

When Robbie first left Take That. I thought that would be it for the group as they couldn't make it without Robbie, and for a few years he out shined them. But they came back and are better as a four piece band.

Perdita
19-10-2010, 06:33
Take That were going to bin the name that made them famous - until Robbie Williams came back for good.

The boy-band come man-band told Q Magazine they were going to swap their old title for new name The English.

"I'm guessing that the initial idea of not being called Take That freed Gary (Barlow) up," said Robbie Williams.

Barlow talked in the interview about the band's new electro-pop sound on their comeback album Progress.

"Is it a brave record? Only if it fails," he said.

Williams broke teenage hearts all over the country when he left Take That 15 years ago.

After finally patching up his friendship with the band, Williams was apparently just what they needed.

"After those last two records the thought of the four of us just going in and doing another... it solved all that Rob coming back," said Barlow.

"It's made it interesting."

Perdita
06-07-2011, 16:49
It appears that Robbie Williams really is set to quit Take That once again after he confirms plans for a solo tour.

He let slip news of his departure on his official website following a question from a fan asking what he wanted to say to critics of his solo performances during the Take That live shows.

"I must say I am aware that there is a perception in certain quarters and I'm enjoying throwing that perception down people's throats when I jump through the wall in L.M.E.Y (Let Me Entertain You)...I've never felt more on my game ..and it's thanks in part to the nay sayers....they have put a fire in my belly and in turn a smile on my face," (sic) he wrote on his blog.

[See also: Robbie Williams injects testosterone to ‘boost sex drive']

"I'm blessed to have them... and when the tickets go on sale for my next tour I think we'll see what 'dwindling' looks like ;)" (sic).

The group has recently been reunited with Williams after he famously fell out with band mate Gary Barlow at the peak of their fame almost 15 years ago.

The news that Take That were back with their original line-up sparked unprecedented demand for tickets to their huge UK tour and their latest album as a five-piece, ‘Progress', was the biggest-selling album of last year in the UK.

However, the 37 year-old singer has been getting a lot of stick for his 40 minute solo sections during the live shows.

One fan, gercia82, wrote on YouTube that Gary Barlow, Mark Owen, Jason Orange and Howard Donald were "better" without the singer while another user wrote: "OMG.. Robbie's performance was terrifying"

tammyy2j
28-08-2011, 12:39
Take That are reportedly planning to take a two-year break.

The band are exhausted after their sell-out 'Progress Live' tour and Howard Donald, Jason Orange and Mark Owen threatened to quit the group over tension with Robbie Williams, The Sunday Mirror reports.

Gary Barlow convinced them to stay and will discuss the band's future once he has finished his duties on The X Factor at Christmas. The band had previously denied claims of in-band fighting.

"At first it was a fairytale, having Robbie back and being a five-piece again, but a few arguments and their touring schedule made it hard going," a source said. "Howard, Jason and Mark all said they were shattered at the end of their tour, and are not sure they'll be able to go through it all again at their age.

"This could now mean the end of the band. They will be meeting up to discuss things after Christmas. They all love touring and recording music, and have been totally dedicated to Take That but nothing has been decided about what happens next."

Tensions in the band are said to have started at the Brit Awards in February after Williams, who is rumoured to be working on new solo material, demanded a more prominent position on stage during the performance.

"There were problems," the source added. "The guys knew working with Robbie would be different but they didn't realise how much of a change they'd have to make to accommodate him. Robbie can be over the top and most of the time is just joking around, but he should have been more aware and tried to fit in."

Williams allegedly embarrassed the band with his "erratic behaviour" and targeted Orange by making "childish digs" at him.

A Take That spokesman insisted: "The band are all on great terms. They are on a well deserved break at the moment, taking a post-tour holiday."

Donald previously claimed that Take That were planning to make their next tour even bigger.

tammyy2j
21-10-2011, 13:58
Robbie Williams is to release a new solo studio album next year after quitting Take That for the second time. The singer rejoined the boyband in July 210, but has been recording new solo material in his Los Angeles studio.

Williams was out of contract with EMI following the release of his last album, Reality Killed the Video Star, in 2009. He had signed a record-breaking deal with the label worth up to £80m in 2002. "I'm rich beyond my wildest dreams," he said at the time.

His new record will be released through Universal Music next autumn. "I'm really thrilled to be joining the Universal family at what I think is the most exciting time in my career," he said.

A spokesperson for the label refused to reveal the sum for which they had signed the 37-year-old singer, saying: "It's a different kind of deal in a different kind of musical landscape."

In the 18 months since Williams's deal with EMI ended, his management has held talks with a number of record companies and also investigated innovative ways to drive the singer's career, including looking at backing from financial investors.

"This great new deal puts Robbie Williams firmly in control of his own destiny, but with the most muscular of partners," said Tim Clark, director of ie:music Ltd, who has been behind Williams since he split from Take That in 1995.

Universal's UK chairman David Joseph said: "Having had the chance to listen to the music I've no doubt that Robbie is currently at his most creatively inspired." Universal already handles the merchandising of Robbie Williams products such as T-shirts through its Bravado division.

EMI is currently up for sale with parent company Citigroup in the final stages of deciding a number of bids, with Universal in the running to acquire the recorded music arm that includes acts such as the Beatles and Tinie Tempah.

Earlier this month, Gary Barlow revealed Williams had left Take That following their sellout European tour to concentrate again on his solo career. But this time around, the split was not acrimonious. "It ended perfectly," Barlow said, "and you know what, we can revisit it whenever we want."

"He's our brother, Rob is, and if he's ever in trouble or he wants to have a year off being Robbie Williams, he's welcome any time."

Williams also told Esquire magazine in July that Barlow was helping write and produce his new album. "Gaz is great for me because he knows how I should sound," Williams said. "He wanted to make a Lennon and McCartney-type album. That was his idea – big, standard records. At the minute it's just me and him finishing the album and I love it."

In 2000, Williams sang on his hit Kids: "Single handed raising the economy/ Ain't no chance the record company come and dropping me."

Williams is the biggest-selling solo artist in UK history, with seven No 1 albums and more than 60m records sold. He also recently launched his own fashion range. The singer has fared less well in the US, where Reality Killed the Video Star peaked at No 160 on the Billboard 200 album chart and dropped out the following week.