PDA

View Full Version : Getting banned

Perdita
02-11-2009, 06:55
I hope I never get banned on here (or anywhere else) but I am curious to know a little more about the procedures. I gather that people can get temporarily banned or even permanently :eek: I presume you can still read posts but can't add any posts. Will I be notified by a mod via pm and who makes the decision to ban a member?

Bad Wolf
02-11-2009, 08:33
Hello,

It all depends really, we get complaints about various stuff at the moment- text language, people being argumentative, duplicate posts, etc - for that infraction most people get a warning

Banning only really happens for something really serious, at the moment its spamming thats causing the biggest headache- people registering then polluting the board with blatent spam or links that haven't been approved

All mods can take a decision to ban somone or warn them, sometimes its clear cut- like with spamming, others not so much so and we'll talk to each other and decide on the best course of action.

If you get banned you will be informed by email stating a reason and will not be allowed to access the board, if you get a temp ban, when the ban is up you can come back

Hope that explains everything xx

Meh
03-11-2009, 00:56
I hope I never get banned on here (or anywhere else) but I am curious to know a little more about the procedures. I gather that people can get temporarily banned or even permanently :eek: I presume you can still read posts but can't add any posts. Will I be notified by a mod via pm and who makes the decision to ban a member?

I can ban you if you want?

Perdita
03-11-2009, 06:18
No, I don't want to be banned :eek: :angel:

alan45
03-11-2009, 08:54

I can ban you if you want?

No, I don't want to be banned :eek: :angel:

Pretty random post though you must admit. Are you planning something.:ninja: :hmm: :nono: :D

Perdita
03-11-2009, 09:26
Absolutely not :ninja: :D Actually, it is your confession under the spotlight that you have been banned several times on the DS forum that got me wondering about the procedures and the reasons why somebody might get banned. Spamsters, obviously, and for inappropriate posts, but I imagine that I might find a post offensive but others don't .... so where do you decide? :hmm:

Siobhan
03-11-2009, 11:00
Perdita... if you find a post offensive and you abuse the poster, you get banned. We have a great team of moderators here that view posts daily and we also rely on feedback from all member on post they deem offensive. If we get such a feedback, we take a look at the post to see if it is clear cut. Some people will report if someone has said something about a character but it maybe not be a reason to ban someone

On here, we welcome people's opinion and most member take the "dig" of a character as just fun (or else Alan, Parkerman and other would have been banned long ago for their digs at the mitchells :lol: ).

Common sense provails at all time and majority of the time a PM is survice to stopping anything that could be deemed abusive. That is what I love about this site. We all get to know each other and don't take much offence to others strong views on an subject.

Trinity
03-11-2009, 12:10
Oh, the memories:

Walford Queen

Buttonnoon

Sexi pop star

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

alan45
03-11-2009, 12:11
Shiv has summed the difference between here :) and DS :banned: up very well. The folk on here can take a joke about their favourite soap and realise that remarks made about a character are directed at the character and not any individual poster. There also seems to be a younger age group of pposter on DS who seem immature and will defend EE through thick and thin no matter how crap the storyline is. They are easy to spot as they get obsessive about the various love pairings real or imaginary about their favourite characters. In fact some even fail to seperate the fiction from reality.

I actually got banned for cracking a joke

What is the similarity between EE and a Turkey

They both get stuffed at Christmas

Of course once you get banned and reregister then they ban you again when they spot you (if they spot you :rolleyes: :nono: )

In the end it became a game to see how long I could remain before getting banned

Perdita
03-11-2009, 12:30
I hope I don't get banned now but I find the joke quite funny :lol: Have you been banned permanently for this joke? I am not a member on DS, they wanted to charge me a joining fee, but occasionally read their general and advice threads, I have been in tears of laughter but I have also been stunned at the attitude of some posters. :eek:

Abigail
03-11-2009, 12:38
At the risk of going off topic here, I have to agree about DS. There are some, what appear to be, mentally ill people on there that come up with the most elaborate **** and bull stories. And the replies in the advice section leave a lot to be desired.

alan45
03-11-2009, 12:45
I hope I don't get banned now but I find the joke quite funny :lol: Have you been banned permanently for this joke? I am not a member on DS, they wanted to charge me a joining fee, but occasionally read their general and advice threads, I have been in tears of laughter but I have also been stunned at the attitude of some posters. :eek:

I have been banned on numerous occasions from DS but am still a member albeit under a different user name. I dont get involved in rows with the tweenies any more and just let them spout their childish nonsense and made up spoilers