PDA

View Full Version : Cyrus voted 'worst celebrity influence'

Perdita
29-10-2009, 17:12
Miley Cyrus has been voted as the worst celebrity influence of 2009 in an online poll.

The 16-year-old Hannah Montana star received 42% of the poll votes on AOL's Just So You Know website, which is aimed at the teen and tween set, Reuters reports.

Singer Britney Spears came in second, while rapper Kanye West was in third place on the list.

No reasons were given for the popular Disney star's poor showing, though it was suggested that her Vanity Fair topless photoshoot, the criticism that surrounded her 'racist pose' in a snapshot and recent pole dancing routine at The Teen Choice Awards may have caused her drop in popularity.

She was also placed fourth in the category of favorite female artist, behind Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Beyoncé, with the poll attracting 50,000 votes on the site.

Cyrus recently said that her mistakes have been magnified by being in the public eye and that she has to remain vigilant as a role model to young girls.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a184286/cyrus-voted-worst-celebrity-influence.html

Abigail
29-10-2009, 17:45
Oh I'm sure there are worse influences around than Miley. I can't think of much scandal that she's caused this year

sindydoll
29-10-2009, 22:22
she's lovely cant imagine why she is the worst celebrity influence!

Perdita
30-10-2009, 06:26
Oh I'm sure there are worse influences around than Miley. I can't think of much scandal that she's caused this year

Was she not photographed topless or something like it? Not that I would consider this a scandal but it was an American poll and I get the feeling that they can be a bit more prude over there, especially when it involves a very young girl and her having the wholesome Walt Disney background.

sindydoll
30-10-2009, 09:38

Was she not photographed topless or something like it? Not that I would consider this a scandal but it was an American poll and I get the feeling that they can be a bit more prude over there, especially when it involves a very young girl and her having the wholesome Walt Disney background.thats right she did and wasnt she only 15 at the time

sindydoll
30-10-2009, 09:39
[quote=Abigail;690958]Oh I'm sure there are worse influences around than Miley. I can't think of much scandal that she's caused this year

Was she not photographed topless or something like it? Not that I would consider this a scandal but it was an American poll and I get the feeling that they can be a bit more prude over there, especially when it involves a very young girl and her having the wholesome Walt Disney background.[/quo
can you delete this i posted it by mistake

Siobhan
30-10-2009, 09:44
She wasn't topless.. she was photographed in a towel, hinting she was wearing nothing underneath and it was deemed provocative.. I think Lohan is worse than her

Chris_2k11
30-10-2009, 10:51
I didn't know she was only 16!

tammyy2j
30-10-2009, 11:06
She is not that bad surely Spears or Lohan would be No. 1