PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Pratt (sorry Platt) and Kate Plank return

alan45
18-10-2009, 01:30
From Sundays News of the World.

Two of Corries most wooden actresses return to T'Street

PLATT'S back - Corrie babe:rolleyes: Tina O'Brien will return to the soap in the New Year for the show's 50th birthday.:crying:

And telly bosses also want Kate Ford :wall: - crazed killer :rotfl: Tracy Barlow - on board for the party.

We can reveal that Tina, 26, last week signed a one-year deal which will see her on the ITV1 soap from January.

It will mean that the actress, who left the show back in 2007, will be on our screens as Sarah Platt for the Street's half-century episode in December next year. The News of the World can also reveal that Kate:moonie: , 32, is in talks about a comeback too.

She also left the show in 2007, after her character Tracy murdered cheating fella Charlie Stubbs and was sentenced to life in prison.

Our Corrie mole said: "Tina is one of the first 'old faces' to sign up for Corrie's 50th year. Bosses have also had a meeting with Kate about her possible return.":wall: :wall: :wall:

Perdita
18-10-2009, 07:22
I knew Tina would come back quite soon, I never believed her constant remarks that she is enjoying motherhood too much to come back in a hurry. I guess the Tracey Barlow character would have to come back after her release from prison too, I just never liked Kate Ford and would therefore prefer a different actress. :(

Hannelene
18-10-2009, 10:00
Wow I never thought Kate would come back into the soap :(

I kind of liked her in small doses she wasn't a great actress but I wonder what hassle she could cause Steve........

As for Sarah heading back into the soap I thought she was happy doing panto? It would be nice to see what would happen between her character and Jason as there is unfinished business between these 2. I can see Jason's girlfriend Tina being left heartbroken :(

Katy
18-10-2009, 10:26
oh no, that really is the worst news to wake up to!!!!

Hannelene
18-10-2009, 10:41
It's not good news is it?

As for these 2 characters it would be kind of nice to see them back for a few episodes but not for more then a week or 2 let alone 6 months!

LostVoodoo
18-10-2009, 11:37
how long is tracey supposed to be in prison for? she murdered somebody!

Hannelene
18-10-2009, 11:39
She did murder someone she was sentenced to life and recommended that she serve a min. of 15 years. She has only served a little over 2 years of her sentence so would they write her in to the soap now? Will we have to watch monthly visits in the prison with her parents until she is released?

alan45
18-10-2009, 12:35
This is soapland. If they want Ms Ford back they will soon invent a reason for her to be released. Little things like justice dont bother soap writers. In Deadenders the Mitchell Bruvvas should have been locked up and the keys thrown away but because they are Mitchells they can control the judiciary, the prison service ant the Metropolitan Police.
Corrie is no different. If they want someone back they will write a storyline to cover it though thankfully they havent resorted to ridiculous stories like raisng the dead.:rolleyes:

Katy
18-10-2009, 12:43
They will find some new evidence 3 years on! This is soapland afterall.

Hannelene
18-10-2009, 13:21
But she did it! We all saw her do it what new evidence could they be?

tammyy2j
18-10-2009, 13:46
Former Coronation Street actresses Tina O'Brien and Kate Ford are not returning to the ITV soap for its 50th anniversary, Digital Spy can confirm.

The News of the World today claims that 26-year-old O'Brien, who played Sarah Grimshaw between 1999 and 2007, recently signed a new one-year deal with the Weatherfield soap.

The report also claims that producers have been in talks with Kate Ford, who played twisted Tracy Barlow, for a screen comeback to tie in with the show's 50th anniversary next year.

However, a spokeswoman for Coronation Street this morning told DS: "There are no plans for Tina or Kate to make their comebacks as Sarah and Tracy. We haven't even discussed the possibility of them returning for the 50th, so no offers have been made or contracts signed."

A source at the soap allegedly told the newspaper: "Tina is one of the first 'old faces' to sign up for Corrie's 50th year. Bosses have also had a meeting with Kate about her possible return."

Perdita
18-10-2009, 13:54
Perhaps they are filming her being visited in prison rather than her being on Coronation Street. If it happens despite the current denial by Corry bosses.

Hannelene
18-10-2009, 14:01
We will just have to wait and see.....

alan45
04-10-2010, 11:52
Tracy Barlow will make her return to Coronation Street on Christmas Eve, it has been confirmed.

The Weatherfield superbitch - played by actress Kate Ford - was last seen on screen in May, when she made a failed attempt to get her 15-year jail sentence cut by testifying in court against former neighbour Gail McIntyre.

Show bosses had always planned for Tracy to make a full-time comeback by the end of the year, but the exact time of her return had been kept under wraps until now.

Speaking to the Daily Star Sunday, Corrie's series producer Phil Collinson revealed that a plot twist will see Tracy get out of prison - to the surprise of her family and the rest of the Street's residents.

Collinson explained: "Tracy will be back on Christmas Eve and, as you can imagine, she is the last person who everyone is expecting to see. Her family have no idea she's been let out, so they are completely shocked. But how she gets out of prison is something we want to keep a secret."

He added: "I'm really excited about all the trouble she'll cause. She's always loved Steve McDonald and the fact that they have a child together means that they will always have a bond. It's going to be interesting to see how Becky copes.

"And then there's also the small matter of Gail. She was nearly jailed because of Tracy's false testimony, so there will be quite a bit going on between them. The Street will still be getting over the tram crash. And then Tracy's back - which will bring its own disaster for some of the characters."

parkerman
04-10-2010, 15:02
If they want someone back they will write a storyline to cover it though thankfully they havent resorted to ridiculous stories like raisng the dead.:rolleyes:

I think you've hit on the answer there, alan. Tracy gets killed in prison and then comes back from the dead. It all makes perfect sense...well, as much sense as releasing a convicted murderer after 2 years.

alan45
04-10-2010, 15:05
Speaking to the Daily Star Sunday, Corrie's series producer Phil Collinson revealed that a plot twist will see Tracy get out of prison - to the surprise of her family and the rest of the Street's residents. and the vast majority of sensible viewers

In other words they havent thought of any plausible storyline to bring Traceyluv back

alan45
31-01-2011, 15:56
Tina O'Brien has confirmed that she would be interested in returning to Coronation Street in the future.

The actress played the role of Sarah Platt on the Weatherfield drama for eight years until 2007, when she bowed out of the show to pursue new projects.

Asked by We Love Telly whether she would ever make a Corrie comeback, O'Brien replied: "Yes, maybe one day if they had a space for me. Sarah's such a big part of the Platt family - it would be nice to clear up some unfinished business. Who knows?"

The 27-year-old admitted that she became particularly keen for a return when watching the soap's 50th anniversary celebrations last month.

She said: "It's the first time that I thought - 'Oh, I wish I was there'. I really got a pang for it. I was imagining how they all must be feeling - the adrenaline and going out afterwards."

O'Brien is currently playing the role of Bex Fisher on BBC One's Waterloo Road.

alan45
29-05-2011, 10:58
Coronation Street star Kate Ford has suggested that she may not commit to the show for much longer.

The 33-year-old actress, who left the ITV1 serial in 2008 after falling pregnant, admitted that commuting from London can be stressful.

She told the Daily Record: In an ideal world [Corrie] it would be something that I just dipped in and out of. I can't imagine I'll be there for 20 years.

"I feel I've made a life for myself in London. Being in it long-term, I think the commute would kill me. I wouldn't want to do that from London forever."

Meanwhile, Ford expressed her satisfaction receiving a nod in the British Soap Awards this month: "I got a nomination for 'Best Villain' at the Soap Awards. That was a compliment. Any nomination is."

The actress, who plays Tracy Barlow in the show, has reportedly signed a contract that will keep her character in Weatherfield until 2012.

parkerman
29-05-2011, 11:44
Coronation Street star Kate Ford has suggested that she may not commit to the show for much longer.

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Perdita
29-05-2011, 19:08
:cheer::cheer::cheer:
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :D

alan45
29-05-2011, 20:57
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :D

So thats 3 X's Goodbye and good riddance

lizann
30-05-2011, 14:50
They should kill of her off for good so no chance of a return and have a who done it plenty of suspects

alan45
18-12-2011, 12:58
It's been 10 years since Kate Ford stepped on to the *cobbles as super-bitch Tracy Barlow and, contrary to *rumours, she’s there to stay.

“I haven’t even thought about leaving as I love my job,” says the actress who plays the scheming siren of Coronation Street. “Everywhere I go people say, ‘Are you going to leave?’

“It’s because when Katherine Kelly (who played bitter rival Becky McDonald) quit, the story went out that I was *leaving too. But I was always going to stay for as long as they would have me.”

With a gripping Christmas *storyline to get her teeth into, Kate is relishing every moment of *playing evil Tracy.

In Christmas Day’s episode all her dreams come true when Steve *McDonald (Simon Gregson) proposes to try to help her get over the heartache of *miscarrying her twin babies.

“Tracy really is devastated,” says Kate, who in real life has a three-year-old son called Otis with TV producer husband Jon *Connerty.

“As a mother I can understand the pain that Tracy must be going through after losing her twins. And as an actress I was nervous about portraying it on screen as I realise it’s an awful reality for so many people.

No one should ever have to lose a baby and even if I wasn’t a mother, I can understand how *absolutely devastating it must be.

“In the show Tracy’s terrified that she’s going to lose Steve as well. She thinks that now she’s lost the babies he’ll leave her and then she’ll have lost everything she ever wanted.”

Off screen, Kate’s life is far more settled and she has been happily wed to Jon for the past four years.

“We were together nine months before we got married,” says Salford-born Kate, 34. “Maybe 11 months? Oh God, I can’t *remember. I’m spontaneous and do everything quickly. When I see something I want, I just get it. It’s bad for the credit card, but it worked with Jon!”

Now Kate is looking forward to *celebrating a family Christmas. “We have two weeks off and we’re going to my *parents’ house in the Lakes. It’s going to mean loads of lying on the sofa, eating chocolate, lots of booze and turkey.

“John is really *thoughtful and generous and he is used to my demands. I always ask for my Christmas present in September as I have usually seen something that I want. Normally it’s a piece of jewellery and I am like, ‘Can I have it for Christmas?’ and he says, ‘Well OK but it’s September.’

“Then every Christmas Day I say, ‘Where is my present?’ and he says, ‘You’ve *already had your present!’ But I always want something else.

“Last year John bought me some Louis Vuitton toiletry bags because I spend so much time *travelling between our home in London and *filming in Manchester.

“I love Christmas and I really go to town on it, especially now I’ve got Otis it’s even better... you get extra pleasure from watching them enjoy it.”

Kate took two-and-a-half years off after Otis was born and was surprised at how much she enjoyed it. “A lot of people don’t have the luxury of staying at home, so I was very lucky,” says Kate. She left Corrie in 2007 when her *character was jailed for killing Charlie Stubbs – a plotline devised so Kate could go on maternity leave.

“Being a mum is the most rewarding thing I have ever done,” *says Kate.

“I did have a nanny who came in for a couple of hours twice a week so I could get some sleep and get on top of the chores as I had no family nearby and Jon was flat-out at work.

“It’s a whole new world when you have a baby and it was a very special time. Don’t get me wrong, it was *really hard work, but it was more of a physical *tiredness compared with when you’re at work, which is more mental.

“But I’m happy I had that *opportunity to spend that time with Otis, although I realise how lucky I am to have had a job to come back to.

“And Jon is wonderful. We have date nights every week. We always have since Otis was born, whether it’s just to the cinema or out for dinner. But more than one night would be good – it would be lovely to lie in bed with breakfast and the *papers like our pre-baby days.”

Kate returned to Coronation Street last Christmas but is at home with Otis whenever she has a break in filming.

“We don’t work nine to five every single day and sometimes I am only in *Manchester one day a week so the rest of the time I am with Otis,” says Kate.

“If I don’t have a heavy storyline I might be in *London all week. Every week is different.

“I think I spend more time with Otis than a lot of working mums do, which I feel very grateful about. Otis is adorable, very loving and *cuddly –he’s dead bright and really fun.

“He does drama at his *nursery where he goes three times a week.

“He loves dressing up and *pretending to be a lion and all that, so he’s probably my son in that way, because I loved all that when I was little.”

However, like many young mums, Kate admits she is prone to spoiling her little boy and sometimes giving in to his demands.

“I gave him pasta and cheese for breakfast on one occasion,” she laughs. “That’s what he wanted. My husband came in and said, ‘Kate, no, it’s half past eight in the morning!’

“More recently he wanted to eat a chocolate reindeer before dinner and he had a massive tantrum when I said no. But then 10 minutes later he had *forgotten about it so I’m trying to toughen up.”

And Kate is keen to add to her little family.

“I would love more children in the next couple of years and I hope that if I’m lucky enough to fall pregnant again that it will be easy and problem-free. But you just never know,” she says.

“I had no problems conceiving Otis. Jon and I planned to wait a year after getting married before starting a family but it happened more quickly than that. I did have terrible morning sickness up until 17 weeks, though.

“Otis was two weeks overdue and he was such a big baby that doctors needed to use forceps but he was perfectly healthy when he made his entry into the world, which I was so grateful for.

“I want to enjoy Otis and where I’m at for the next couple of years and then hopefully I will be lucky enough to have another child.

“I also feel that I have a bit more time for *myself and that I am back to being ‘Kate’ again and not just ‘Otis’s mum’.”

And if she does get pregnant again, Kate admits that she will be a bitmore careful about eating for two as she put on four-and-a-half stone when she was carrying Otis.

“I was really ill right up to week 17,” she says. “All I could *stomach was salt and vinegar crisps, white bread and Dairylea *triangles. I also craved limes and sucked all the juice out of them!

“I put on so much weight. I just went for food in a big way. There was no *excuse. I wouldn’t do that next time.

“With the *second baby I’d definitely eat less and be more careful about what I ate.”

Kate says there are more tumultuous times ahead for Tracy in *Coronation Street.

“I think Tracy has *always hoped that once Becky was out of the way that her life would be a whole lot easier,” she says.

“But after what’s happened since, it will be far from that.

“I think there’s a lot more drama on the way. There are loads of twists and turns with this story.

“Steve and Tracy might be planning their wedding... but it will be far from straightforward.

“Luckily my love life is not nearly as complicated. I don’t think I could cope if it was!”

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2011/12/18/kate-ford-loves-being-a-mum-but-has-no-plans-to-leave-coronation-street-115875-23642417/#ixzz1gtHIguqx

Glen1
18-12-2011, 18:50
"But I was always going to stay for as long as they would have me.”
Who are these " theys" ? We should be informed, These "theys" should be named and shamed. We need to know. They should feel the full force of the freedom of information act .

alan45
18-12-2011, 19:51
"But I was always going to stay for as long as they would have me.”
Who are these " theys" ? We should be informed, These "theys" should be named and shamed. We need to know. They should feel the full force of the freedom of information act .

Daran Little

Glen1
18-12-2011, 20:46
Daran Little
Well done Alan for exposing this they. Little Daran (aka THEY) is the they responsible for retaining Ms Ford on our screens .

alan45
10-01-2012, 00:33
Ex-Coronation Street star Tina O'Brien has said that producers have not yet approached her about a return to the ITV soap.

Rumours emerged in November last year that the Sarah-Louise Platt actress, along with Nikki Sanderson (Candice Stowe), was on the verge of a "big-money" offer from producer Phil Collinson.

However, she told New magazine: "Apparently, the producers are going to ask me and Nikki Sanderson back. I read it in the paper like everyone else.

"It's not something that's been brought up. Never say never but I'm happy with the way things are right now."

She added: "I couldn't imagine being there for a long time, but maybe that's because I can't imagine myself anywhere for a long time at the moment.

"It's all hypothetical. I genuinely haven't been asked. [But] I'd be flattered. I loved my time there and it would be lovely if they wanted me back."

O'Brien, 28, left Corrie in 2007 after eight years on screen in the Platt family. She has since held a role in Waterloo Road as headteacher's daughter Bex Fisher.

Read the full story in this week's N** magazine - out today

alan45
23-01-2012, 10:55
Coronation Street star Kate Ford has predicted that it won't take long for her twisted character Tracy Barlow to make a new enemy in Weatherfield.

Tracy's long-term nemesis Becky McDonald (Katherine Kelly) leaves the cobbles in tonight's double bill of the soap - but not before wrecking the schemer's wedding day by exposing the lies she has told about her miscarriage.

Speaking to the Daily Record, Ford explained that Becky's exit could pave the way for a new feud to develop on the show.

She commented: "Tracy can find a new enemy. She's always got someone to spar with. She goes from one person to another. I don't think it will be long before she has a problem with somebody else."

Recent tabloid reports have suggested that Tracy will soon find herself embroiled in a petty dispute with Steve McDonald (Simon Gregson) when she refuses to leave the family home he bought for them in happier times.

Ford confirmed: "There is a good bit of comedy, quite a bit of lighter stuff coming up as well, which is fun to film. I enjoy that. As an actress, you just play it straight, really, and the writing does it all.

"You'd be surprised how little we know, though. We don't get our scripts that much in advance and we know a bit about what's going to happen, but we don't know everything.

"You do kind of play it as it comes along. It's easier than a play where you get the beginning, the middle and the end because it is continuing drama and you don't know what is going to happen. It is almost like life."

parkerman
23-01-2012, 10:58
If they're looking for a new enemy for Tracyluv I think they should introduce a new character. He could be an award winning opinionated Northern Irishman with a name like Alan or something. I'm sure there'd be some mileage in that for a storyline.....

alan45
23-01-2012, 12:12
If they're looking for a new enemy for Tracyluv I think they should introduce a new character. He could be an award winning opinionated Northern Irishman with a name like Alan or something. I'm sure there'd be some mileage in that for a storyline.....

I was asked if I would like the role but it involved a torrid menage a trois with her and Stellarrrrggghhh so I declined :D

ellie2
23-01-2012, 18:46
Finding a new enemy for Tracy shouldn't be difficult - she's practically alienated the whole street already.

tammyy2j
15-08-2012, 12:58
Ex-Coronation Street star Tina O'Brien has admitted that she fears another actress will take on her role.

The actress, who left her role of Sarah-Louise Platt in 2007 after eight years, revealed that she would rather return herself to the ITV soap.

"Sometimes I think they could bring Sarah-Lou back but with a different face, played by someone else," she told The Mirror. "That happens - but it would be awful!"

Sarah's half-brother Nick Tilsley, who was played by Adam Rickitt while O'Brien was on the Street, was replaced by Ben Price in December 2009.

Since leaving Weatherfield, O'Brien has landed parts in hit BBC shows Waterloo Road, Accused and - most recently - Call the Midwife.

Meanwhile, the 29-year-old revealed that bosses had informally asked whether she would make a comeback during her time on Waterloo Road last year.

"They did ask me back once, but I'd just signed to do Waterloo Road so there was no way I could," she added.

Speaking about her original departure five years ago, the 29-year-old said: "I had the best eight years ever on Corrie, I loved it. But I had been there since I left high school at 16 and felt I had to go.

"It was all I'd known and I had to get out and experience the big wide world. But now that I'm older, yes, I would love the opportunity to go back one day."

Tina O'Brien has a daughter Scarlett with former co-star and on-screen lover Ryan Thomas (Jason Grimshaw), but split with him off-screen in 2009.

alan45
30-12-2012, 01:35
Tina O'Brien is back: Actress to make dramatic return to Corrie in the New Year

Character Sarah-Louise Platt hit the headlines in 2000 when she became pregnant at just 13

Coronation Street star Tina O’Brien is set for a *dramatic return to the *Cobbles... with a teenage tearaway of her own.

Her character – gymslip mum Sarah-Louise Platt – hit the headlines in 2000 when she became pregnant at just 13 in one of Corrie’s most controversial storylines.

Tina, 29, left the soap in 2007, but after five years away she has been lined up to make a comeback with screen daughter Bethany, now 13.

Next year’s return is being masterminded by Corrie’s new producer Stuart Blackburn,who is taking over from Phil Collinson.

Bethany, likely to be played by a new actress, is set to be just as troublesome as her mum, while Sarah-Louise has lost none of her own attitude and will lock horns with her *brother David’s wife Kylie.

A Corrie source said: “Sarah-Louise’s pregnancy was an *absolutely massive story and was a ratings winner for Corrie. It’s amazing to think it was 13 years ago now.

“She was an extremely popular character, so it’s a masterstroke to bring both her and Bethany back.

“What makes the move even more intriguing is the fact Bethany will be the same age at Sarah-Louise when she fell pregnant. She will prove to be a real handful, just like her mum was. It really is like history repeating itself.

“Sarah-Louise hasn’t turned into a wallflower either, and she is going to have some major battles with Kylie because she doesn’t like the way she treats David.”

Tina’s return will see a re-union with her real-life ex Ryan Thomas, father of her daughter Scarlett, four. They had a bitter break-up three years ago and barely spoke for months.

But now they have buried the hatchet and she is on good terms with Ryan, who plays builder Jason *Grimshaw.

alan45
30-12-2012, 01:35
Tina O'Brien is back: Actress to make dramatic return to Corrie in the New Year

Character Sarah-Louise Platt hit the headlines in 2000 when she became pregnant at just 13

Coronation Street star Tina O’Brien is set for a *dramatic return to the *Cobbles... with a teenage tearaway of her own.

Her character – gymslip mum Sarah-Louise Platt – hit the headlines in 2000 when she became pregnant at just 13 in one of Corrie’s most controversial storylines.

Tina, 29, left the soap in 2007, but after five years away she has been lined up to make a comeback with screen daughter Bethany, now 13.

Next year’s return is being masterminded by Corrie’s new producer Stuart Blackburn,who is taking over from Phil Collinson.

Bethany, likely to be played by a new actress, is set to be just as troublesome as her mum, while Sarah-Louise has lost none of her own attitude and will lock horns with her *brother David’s wife Kylie.

A Corrie source said: “Sarah-Louise’s pregnancy was an *absolutely massive story and was a ratings winner for Corrie. It’s amazing to think it was 13 years ago now.

“She was an extremely popular character, so it’s a masterstroke to bring both her and Bethany back.

“What makes the move even more intriguing is the fact Bethany will be the same age at Sarah-Louise when she fell pregnant. She will prove to be a real handful, just like her mum was. It really is like history repeating itself.

“Sarah-Louise hasn’t turned into a wallflower either, and she is going to have some major battles with Kylie because she doesn’t like the way she treats David.”

Tina’s return will see a re-union with her real-life ex Ryan Thomas, father of her daughter Scarlett, four. They had a bitter break-up three years ago and barely spoke for months.

But now they have buried the hatchet and she is on good terms with Ryan, who plays builder Jason *Grimshaw.

TaintedLove
30-12-2012, 03:13
That`s excellent news, I`ve always liked Sarah Platt.
How old is Bethany now? 12? 13?

TaintedLove
30-12-2012, 03:13
That`s excellent news, I`ve always liked Sarah Platt.
How old is Bethany now? 12? 13?

LostVoodoo
30-12-2012, 11:20
Can't believe Beth is 13, that makes me feel ancient!

deadlydave
30-12-2012, 18:35

I was a young fresh faced 14year old when this story played out.....disbelief!!!

deadlydave
30-12-2012, 18:35

I was a young fresh faced 14year old when this story played out.....disbelief!!!

Perdita
31-12-2012, 10:06
Tabloid reports today (December 30) are tipping Tina O'Brien for a return to Coronation Street.

The Sunday Mirror claims that Corrie's new producer Stuart Blackburn wants O'Brien to reprise her role as Sarah Platt in 2013. Meanwhile, it has also been suggested that Sarah's daughter Bethany would be back with a new "wild child" persona.

Fans may want to take the newspaper story with a pinch of salt for now as a Corrie spokesperson told Digital Spy this morning that Blackburn doesn't take office until January 7, meaning that any reports about his plans are just speculation.

The same story also popped up towards the end of last year but a Sarah return failed to materialise.

Sarah was last seen on screen in December 2007 and O'Brien has recently said that she would be willing to return to the role in the future.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/scoop/a447672/tina-obrien-tipped-for-coronation-street-return.html#ixzz2p2eUji00

alan45
31-12-2012, 11:34
Tabloid reports today (December 30) are tipping Tina O'Brien for a return to Coronation Street.

The Sunday Mirror claims that Corrie's new producer Stuart Blackburn wants O'Brien to reprise her role as Sarah Platt in 2013. Meanwhile, it has also been suggested that Sarah's daughter Bethany would be back with a new \"wild child\" persona.

Fans may want to take the newspaper story with a pinch of salt for now as a Corrie spokesperson told Digital Spy this morning that Blackburn doesn't take office until January 7, meaning that any reports about his plans are just speculation.

The same story also popped up towards the end of last year but a Sarah return failed to materialise.

Sarah was last seen on screen in December 2007 and O'Brien has recently said that she would be willing to return to the role in the future.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/scoop/a447672/tina-obrien-tipped-for-coronation-street-return.html#ixzz2p2eUji00

oops http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?101234-Sarah-Pratt-%28sorry-Platt%29-and-Kate-Plank-return&p=786676#post786676 see above

alan45
31-12-2012, 11:34

The Sunday Mirror claims that Corrie's new producer Stuart Blackburn wants O'Brien to reprise her role as Sarah Platt in 2013. Meanwhile, it has also been suggested that Sarah's daughter Bethany would be back with a new \"wild child\" persona.

oops http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?101234-Sarah-Pratt-%28sorry-Platt%29-and-Kate-Plank-return&p=786676#post786676 see above

Perdita
31-12-2012, 16:03
different post, Alan

Perdita
02-01-2013, 19:45
Tina O'Brien denied that she has entered talks to return to Coronation Street.

Tabloid reports at the weekend linked O'Brien with a return to the ITV soap as Sarah Platt, having last appeared in 2007.

However, the Waterloo Road actress has taken to Twitter to deny the reports, which originated in the Sunday Mirror.

"So a lot of peeps asking if I'm returning to Corrie but I've only read it in paper like everyone else lol," she wrote.

The report stated that Sarah would return to Weatherfield with her "wild child" daughter Bethany.

A Coronation Street spokesperson told Digital Spy on Sunday (December 30) that new producer Stuart Blackburn doesn't take office until January 7, meaning that any reports about his story plans are just speculation.

O'Brien has recently said that she would be willing to return to the role in the future, stating that a different actress would be "awful".

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a448089/coronation-street-tina-obrien-denies-talks-to-return-as-sarah-platt.html#ixzz2GqiHg64H