PDA

View Full Version : Alexandra Burke - Overcome

Bryan
16-10-2009, 11:59
http://souldiscoveries.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/alexandraalbum.jpg

Just got her albumn sent to me in the post (it pays to pre-order! comes before the release date :D ). Well excited! Going to have a listen now and let you all know what I think about it! :D

Bryan
16-10-2009, 13:51
WOW what an amazing debut albumn! Better than Leona's in my opinion!

Its got a good mix of ballads and upbeat songs. Some sound modern some sound oldschool like Duffy. There's some really really catchy tunes on there.

There aren't any bad songs and it's so hard to pick favourites, I know they will change from day to day.

I really recommend this albumn to everyone, it's really good and Alexandra has showed she's not just another Leona.

Chris_2k11
16-10-2009, 17:02
better than Leonas :eek: wow i'll definitely take a listen. I wasn't that interested in her to begin with but if the majority of the album is the same standard as Bad Boys then i'll definitely be tempted to get it.

Katy
16-10-2009, 17:23
I think im tempted especialy since bad boys, thats much better than i expected.

Bryan
16-10-2009, 18:34
one of my favourite tracks is Nothing But The Girl, which would be a great release, but it's a bit too similiar to About A Girl by the Sugababes.

i tried to find a video of it on You Tube, but it's not on there yet, however there's a version sang by Ne Yo. As he's on her albumn I guess they leaked it with his vocals to see peoples opinion on the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMO6LaR8Xi8

sindydoll
17-10-2009, 00:05
its leaked on the internet now, im downloading it

Bryan
17-10-2009, 18:31
here's Nothing But The Girl :D :heart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP6dR_j3dpY

Katy
18-10-2009, 10:27
I like the six feet under track.

Abbie
08-12-2009, 16:27
Is it really good then? Cos I do want it :p

What else is she releasing?

tammyy2j
09-12-2009, 15:22
Its a great album :cheer:

Abbie
09-12-2009, 15:35
Now.....wheres the cheapest I can get it :p

tammyy2j
09-12-2009, 16:24
Now.....wheres the cheapest I can get it :p

on line

bangcd.com

tammyy2j
16-11-2010, 11:51
Alexandra Burke and JLS are gearing up to launch a joint clothing line next year.

The two acts will join forces on the line 2KX Clothing, which is due for release in Spring 2011.

A Facebook page, Twitter account and YouTube advert have already been set up, showing Burke and JLS posing under the brand's logo.

Both have worn the label's clothing at a number of gigs, including JLS's recent performance of their new single 'Love You More' on last week's X Factor results show.

Limited edition T-shirts have also been released to support Capital FM's Help A London Child charity.

It was recently reported that Burke had signed a modelling contract with London agency IMG Models.

tammyy2j
16-11-2010, 11:52
The re-packaged deluxe edition of Overcome is to be released of November 29, 2010. Music Week reports that the deluxe makeover will include three brand new tracks, as well as three number one and two Top 10 singles. A DVD will accompany the release featuring seven videos, including an exclusive promo for the track 'The Silence'. The magazine also confirmed that Burke will promote the record with a performance on The X Factor. A new track on the album was recently revealed to be a duet with "an amazing group". On October 25 Alex revealed via her twitter that a new version of The Silence will be the albums 5th commercial single being released in early December.

Chris_2k11
13-12-2010, 15:14
I have to say the new songs aren't up to much at all, 'What Happens On The Dancefloor' is probably the best of the three.