PDA

View Full Version : Nathan Wylde in 'horrific' blackmailing plot

Perdita
16-10-2009, 11:57
Emmerdale actor Lyndon Ogbourne has revealed that his alter ego's behaviour becomes "quite horrific" over the coming weeks.

The soap star claimed that Nathan Wylde will start to resemble a character from thriller movie American Psycho as he targets Leyla Harding (Roxanne Ghawam-Shahidi) with a vicious blackmail plot.

Next week, viewers will see Nathan and Leyla succumbing to passion. However, when Leyla goes on to admit that she regrets cheating on her partner David Metcalfe (Matthew Wolfenden), Nathan warns that he will not let her forget what happened and begins a campaign of manipulation.

Ogbourne told PA: "The switch between being such a seemingly nice guy and the malicious way he's controlling Leyla is quite horrific.

"He just gets worse and worse and could easily fit into the cast of American Psycho by the end of it."

On how the storyline is impacting him personally, the actor joked: "You really look twice at everybody. I don't know if I trust anyone anymore!"

Ogbourne joined Emmerdale in January and was seen on screen for the first time a month later.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s12/emmerdale/news/a182276/ogbourne-new-dales-plot-is-horrific.html

alan45
16-10-2009, 14:24
Most of this is already in the Edale spoilers.

Sounds like a boring storyline for two boring characters. Wouldnt be sad to see both of them disappear

no1abbafan
16-10-2009, 16:40
Sounds great if he could act but sadly he is a woeful actor.

Chris_2k11
16-10-2009, 17:14
He's an annoying snobby character, one you wanna punch when hes on screen.

alan45
16-10-2009, 17:47
He's an annoying snobby character, one you wanna punch when hes on screen.The only problem is that you would probably get splinters in your fists hes so wooden

lizann
16-10-2009, 21:13
David, Cain, Aaron, Doug or anyone please punch Nathan

He is a terrible character and i couldnt care less about Leyla either

Hannelene
18-10-2009, 10:03
This will not be exciting as I find the characters a little wooden and no passion between them :(

Joanne
19-10-2009, 14:03
His character has never come across as nice so it's not as if him being nasty is going to be a shock to the viewers.

tammyy2j
19-10-2009, 14:11
he is spoilt brat

Hannelene
19-10-2009, 19:59
Why doesnt she confess to David what she has done instead of getting involved with Nathan?

Perdita
20-10-2009, 05:59
Because we would not have this 'horrific' storyline :rolleyes:

Hannelene
20-10-2009, 08:31
This is going to be a cringing storyline

Perdita
22-10-2009, 17:18
Lyndon Ogbourne has revealed that he feels compelled to apologise for his Emmerdale character's manipulative behaviour.

The actor's alter ego Nathan Wylde will be seen targeting Leyla Harding (Roxanne Ghawam-Shahidi) with a vicious blackmail plot over the next few weeks.

His sinister side began to emerge after Nathan and Leyla succumbed to passion recently. In last night's episode, Nathan warned the shocked shop worker that he will not let her forget what happened between them, causing her to fear that her partner David Metcalfe (Matthew Wolfenden) will discover the truth.

Discussing the storyline, Ogbourne told the Swindon Advertiser: "It's pretty scary stuff. It's good fun seeing the difference between such a nice guy on the surface and a total psycho underneath. It's brilliant for my craft as an actor.

"Sometimes at the end of a shot the director will say, 'Cut' and I'll say, 'I'm really sorry about that,' because it's really disgraceful behaviour."

On the soap's ongoing revamp, he added: "Emmerdale is really coming into its own."

Ogbourne joined the Yorkshire-based drama in January.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s12/emmerdale/news/a183167/ogbourne-my-character-is-disgraceful.html

cbalt2
19-11-2009, 07:45
Oh god, he's hideous isn't he! :)

I like it.

He's MUCH better as the bad guy, all slick and smarmy.

Definitely deserved that punch off David.

Hannelene
23-11-2009, 10:02
He is an awful actor so wooden and lacking direction :(
When are Emmerdale going to employ some quality actors instead of ones who look good and can't do much?

alan45
23-11-2009, 16:37
He is an awful actor so wooden and lacking direction :(
When are Emmerdale going to employ some quality actors instead of ones who look good and can't do much?

He doesnt even look good:thumbsdow

Perdita
24-11-2009, 06:17
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder :D