PDA

View Full Version : Bernie Nolan quits The Bill

Johnny Allen
06-06-2005, 15:06
Bernie Nolan is quitting ITV police drama The Bill to concentrate on her singing career. Bernie, 44 who found fame with the Nolan sisters is quitting as WPC Sheelagh Murphy after 2 and a half years on the hit show. She will leave the show this autumn after an affair with twisted cop Gabriel kent. A spokesperson said: 'Sheelagh is a very popular character and the door will be left open for her.'

source: The sun

dddMac1
06-06-2005, 15:37
thats a shame she is a really good Actress but good luck to her.I remember when she was in Brookside

Angeldelight
06-06-2005, 17:32
noooooooooooooooooooooo i really like her... with Gabriel... what is she thinking????

Treacle
06-06-2005, 17:37
I remember her from her Brookie days too. She's also a v.good singer so will look forward to seeing some of her material. I loved the Nolan sisters.

$sTaCeY$
06-06-2005, 17:58
nooooooooooooooo she can't quit she is a excellent part of the bill

samantha nixon
06-06-2005, 19:47
i think she is a great singer aswell but hopefully she returns in the future

Emmak2005
06-06-2005, 20:50
Bernie Nolan is quitting ITV police drama The Bill to concentrate on her singing career. Bernie, 44 who found fame with the Nolan sisters is quitting as WPC Sheelagh Murphy after 2 and a half years on the hit show. She will leave the show this autumn after an affair with twisted cop Gabriel kent. A spokesperson said: 'Sheelagh is a very popular character and the door will be left open for her.'

source: The sun

Here's the digital spy version:

Bernie Nolan is quitting The Bill to pursue her singing career, The Sun reports today.

After two-and-a-half years, the actress, who plays WPC Sheelagh Murphy in the ITV cop drama, will leave Sun Hill in the autumn in an explosive storyline involving an affair with Gabriel Kent (Todd Carty).

Bernie, who shot to stardom as a member of the popular Irish group 'The Nolans' said: "I am about to release my first solo album, so it made perfect sense to take a break from the show now.

Commenting on the storyline, she added: "It will prove to be a disaster beyond her wildest dreams."

"Sheelagh is a very popular character," a spokesperson stated. "The door will be left open for her."

pookie1968uk
07-06-2005, 15:23
that is sad she is going but then if she is going to get more involved with gabriel she deserves to go!!!!!

alan45
07-06-2005, 15:48
that is sad she is going but then if she is going to get more involved with gabriel she deserves to go!!!!!

Well at least if the door is being left open for her we know at least he doesnt kill her

pookie1968uk
07-06-2005, 23:05
thats a point but how on earth can she find gabriel appealing enough to get involved with him!! yuk!!

alan45
07-06-2005, 23:23
Well St. June did

melmarshall858
09-06-2005, 23:40
what is it with shei;a and the bad boys first des now gabriel. hope she will be the one to find out everything he has done then. hope gabriel really falls for her and confesses everything and she dobs on him but cant see it as its like a repeat of the des storyline.
perhaps she finds out tooo much so he tries to kill her and she has too many bad memories so leaves or she falls really hard for him and when he is found out she leaves in disgrace - she really doesnt have much luck since coming to sun hill she has been demoted lost a baby lost her husband and children (or did they make up in the end) i remember them trying after the baby's death but doubt it as she has feelings for gabriel and surely wouldnt cheat again - plus she has fell for 2 murderers.
i like the actress she is a great singer was good in brookie and statred off good in the bill too although since the demotion storyline we haven't really seen her although that could be cause she has some big storylines coming up now with gabriel - her and smithy might have made an ok couple??????

chec2k
12-06-2005, 15:13
On a side note, I loved her in The Nolans, especially "I'm In The Mood For Dancing".

$sTaCeY$
12-06-2005, 15:55
On a side note, I loved her in The Nolans, especially "I'm In The Mood For Dancing".

my mom said she has some good tunes

Katy
12-06-2005, 16:31
i really like sheelagh as a character and it will be weird seeing her not there. my younger sister recently saw a version of blood brothers at the thearte and she was in it and people arent lyeing when they say she has an amazing voice.

Sam Nixon Fan
12-06-2005, 16:46
maybe this is why she hasnt been init for ages although it seems suprising that she is allowed to go of and do theatre work when shes contracted to the bill

*_*Smile*_*
14-06-2005, 11:07
version of blood brothers at the thearte and she was in it and people arent lyeing when they say she has an amazing voice.

i saw her in that! she was soo good! the best play i've ever seen!