PDA

View Full Version : Samantha Who?

Hannelene
07-10-2009, 11:29
Is anyone else looking forward to watching this on the Comedy Central channel(126) tomorrow at 10pm?

New drama starring Christina Applegate:

Poor old forgetfulness. It doesn’t get an easy ride. Leave the gas on, or lose our keys and soon we are all screaming ‘Damn you Gods of Forgetfulness – will you let this misery end?’ But what if the sudden erasure of your memory could be the start of a happy, healthier life.

For Samantha Newly, this crazy notion becomes a reality after a hit-and-run accident leaves her in an eight-day coma. When she wakes up in the hospital, she is surrounded by family and friends. The only problem is that she has no idea who they are - or who she is. In medical terms, Sam has retrograde amnesia, which allows her to fully function in the world but leaves her with no personal memories. Most people would deem this disorder a curse. But Sam soon realises this could be a blessing in disguise.

As she sets out to discover who the real Sam is, she is forced to rely on the only people who can help her. Her freaky friends and family. Although now strangers to Sam, it's not long before she begins to get an idea of who she was before the accident.

Regina and Howard appear to be the perfect doting mom and dad, but Sam soon discovers that she hasn't spoken to them in two years. Her supposed best friend, Dena, is sincerely supportive, until her real best friend, Andrea exposes Dena as a fraud who hasn't seen or spoken to Sam since childhood. Andrea is a party girl who seems to have Sam's best interests at heart. However in the midst of celebrating her return, Andrea neglects to mention that Sam's an alcoholic, is having an affair with a married man, and has a tendency for all-around morally questionable behaviour. Sam's only seemingly trustworthy acquaintance is boyfriend Todd. But will the revelations that ‘New Sam’ unearths about ‘Bad Sam’ soon damage their relationship?

Sam quickly discovers she was a right cow. Vain, selfish and potentially surrounded by far more enemies than friends. She makes a conscious decision to improve herself now she has a chance to start again. She vows to make better choices, even though her instincts may not always steer her in the right direction. She begins with Frank, the doorman at Todd's apartment building. Sam never gave him the time of day before, but upon actually saying hello to him, she discovers an incredibly observant and unlikely confidant.

Sam will need to continue to piece together things from her past to guide her in discovering who she is... or was. Hopefully she can change her bitchish ways forever, erase the Bad Sam from history and become a better pal, daughter and girlfriend to all. After all, sometimes to get to the end of the story, the only place to start is the beginning.

Siobhan
07-10-2009, 12:41
Wasn't this on E4 and it was scrapped?? I am more looking forward to new season of Scrubs on E4 on Thursday

Hannelene
07-10-2009, 13:17
Was it? I never saw it on there- I just saw it advertised on the comedy central channel. As you mentioned it being scrapped- it isn't very good then?

Perdita
07-10-2009, 13:59
Samantha Who? is an American television sitcom that originally aired on ABC from October 15, 2007 to July 23, 2009. The series was created by Cecelia Ahern and Don Todd, who also served as producers. Although highly rated during its first season, the sitcom lost momentum and viewers throughout its second season, and ABC cancelled the show in May 2009.

From Wiki

Siobhan
07-10-2009, 14:02
Was it? I never saw it on there- I just saw it advertised on the comedy central channel. As you mentioned it being scrapped- it isn't very good then?

I never saw it but the concept sounds good... I might take a look at it now it is on comedy central.. it clashed with other stuff when it was on E4.. My name is Earl was axed and that is a brilliant show

Hannelene
07-10-2009, 14:59
I never saw it on E4 as I hardly ever find anything worth watching on there sometimes. I want to give this show a watch and you would expect it to be good as the author cecelia ahern usually writes good stuff