PDA

View Full Version : Elizabeth Taylor

tammyy2j
07-10-2009, 10:14
Dame Elizabeth Taylor is undergoing a heart procedure to repair a leaky valve, she announced on Twitter.

"Dear Friends, I would like to let you know before it gets in the papers that I am going into the hospital to have a procedure on my heart," she wrote. "It's very new and involves repairing my leaky valve using a clip device, without open heart surgery, so that my heart will function better."
The two-time Oscar winner, 77, has battled a number of ailments over the years and uses a wheelchair because of scoliosis. Last year, she was hospitalized for an undisclosed illness, but her rep said the hospital visit was "precautionary." Taylor also underwent scheduled tests in July, her rep said, denying reports that the star was hospitalized because of her grief over the death of her friend Michael Jackson.

"Any prayers you happen to have lying around I would dearly appreciate. I'll let you know when it's all over. Love you, Elizabeth," the actress wrote in closing.

hope she will be ok

Hannelene
07-10-2009, 10:25
I hope she will be ok and one of my fav actress'

Perdita
09-10-2009, 12:15
Dame Elizabeth Taylor has revealed that her recent heart surgery went "perfectly", thanking fans for their support.

The 77-year-old actress had previously explained that she was going to undergo a "very new" procedure to repair a leaky valve.

Writing on her Twitter account, she said: "My heart procedure went off perfectly. It's like having a brand new ticker.

"Thank you for your prayers and good wishes. I know they all helped."

The Oscar-winning actress also used her blog to dismiss a recent rumour that she was suffering from diabetes, saying: "I was completely honest with you about my hospitalisation.

"Now the press, bless their little hearts, had to add something by saying I had diabetes, which is a total lie. But I guess they can't help themselves."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a181265/taylor-heart-surgery-went-perfectly.html