PDA

View Full Version : Postman Pat to be made into a 3D movie

Perdita
07-10-2009, 05:51
Children's favourite Postman Pat is to become a 3D movie star.

In the feature film, Pat will discover he has an amazing singing voice.

And he has a Susan Boyle-style transformation from sleepy postie to national hero and wins a Britain’s Got Talent-type contest.

Pat, who even meets a character based on X Factor mogul Simon Cowell, is forced to choose between his rural life delivering mail and international superstardom.

He also comes up against a mysterious postal manager who has a cat which falls out with his faithful feline Jess.

Andrew Kerr, from Classic Media, which is behind the film, said: “It is going to be an exciting time for Pat’s fans.”

Mr Kerr said the film, due out in 2011, will feature the classic stop motion animation Pat fans are used to – but with computer-generated imagery and 3D effects.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/10/07/postman-pat-to-be-made-into-a-3d-movie-115875-21728509/

Katy
07-10-2009, 11:04
I loved Postman Pat as a Kid! It was brilliant.

Hannelene
07-10-2009, 11:08
I can't stop singing the theme now......

Siobhan
07-10-2009, 11:13

Post man pat, postman pat, postman pat ran over his cat.. Postman pat was crying, all the guts went flying, did you ever see a cat as flat as that :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

This one is going through my head

Hannelene
07-10-2009, 11:16
Now that is a spin on the actual theme I was humming!

Perdita
07-10-2009, 11:35

Post man pat, postman pat, postman pat ran over his cat.. Postman pat was crying, all the guts went flying, did you ever see a cat as flat as that :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

As a cat lover I do not find this funny :crying:

Hannelene
07-10-2009, 11:50
me too- I have a little girl called Poppy

Siobhan
07-10-2009, 11:58
I love cats too.. I had one call Smeg who dies 6 months ago...

did you all know that postman pat has a wife and a son?

Abbie
07-10-2009, 12:02

Oh no I have that in my head now! :rotfl:

Hannelene
07-10-2009, 13:19

Sorry to read about Smeg :(

Postman pat was married?:eek: Since when?

Siobhan
07-10-2009, 14:04

Yeah. I was shocked too.. I happen to be flicking through channels and came across Postman pat.. his wife is called Sarah and his son is Julian...

from wiki: Patrick Clifton (Postman Pat) was the village postman for Greendale and has now been promoted to head of the 'Special Delivery Service' in nearby Pencaster. Pat lives at Forge Cottage in Greendale with his wife Sara and son Julian, who is six years old.

His name is Pat Clifton :rotfl::rotfl: never knew that

Hannelene
07-10-2009, 14:59
Wow you have really opened up my eyes to this character, there is so much more to Postman Pat and his black and white cat :)

sindydoll
07-10-2009, 15:32
im sure its based on a village not too fat from me...in the lakes

Hannelene
07-10-2009, 15:39
Really? This was my fav show when I was younger

Perdita
07-10-2009, 16:15

According to Wiki:

Postman Pat was first screened on BBC1 in 1981. John Cunliffe wrote the original treatment and scripts, and it was directed by animator Ivor Wood, who also worked on The Magic Roundabout, Paddington Bear, and The Herbs. A second version of the series was made and shown from 2004, which expanded on many aspects of the original series.

The inspiration for the post office itself comes from the post office located on the street where Cunliffe lived when he was a child. The post office was at 10 Greenside in Kendal and was fully functional up until its closure in 2003.[3]

Abbie
07-10-2009, 16:32

Yeah. I was shocked too.. I happen to be flicking through channels and came across Postman pat.. his wife is called Sarah and his son is Julian...

from wiki: Patrick Clifton (Postman Pat) was the village postman for Greendale and has now been promoted to head of the 'Special Delivery Service' in nearby Pencaster. Pat lives at Forge Cottage in Greendale with his wife Sara and son Julian, who is six years old.

His name is Pat Clifton :rotfl::rotfl: never knew that

:eek: he had a wife and kids?!

Hannelene
07-10-2009, 16:47

According to Wiki:

Postman Pat was first screened on BBC1 in 1981. John Cunliffe wrote the original treatment and scripts, and it was directed by animator Ivor Wood, who also worked on The Magic Roundabout, Paddington Bear, and The Herbs. A second version of the series was made and shown from 2004, which expanded on many aspects of the original series.

The inspiration for the post office itself comes from the post office located on the street where Cunliffe lived when he was a child. The post office was at 10 Greenside in Kendal and was fully functional up until its closure in 2003.[3]
thanks for the info :)