PDA

View Full Version : Santa Ken’s got the sack

Perdita
07-10-2009, 05:45
CORRIE'S Ken Barlow gets dressed up as Santa - but is so ho-ho-horrible to kids that he gets fired.
He lands the job at a Weatherfield department store. But grumpy former teacher Ken, played by William Roache, decides that rather than treat the kids to toys it is the perfect opportunity to get them to learn some important life lessons.

The scenes, to air later this year on ITV1, show Ken saying: "This is all wrong. Christmas is about family values."

But the store's manager is not impressed and tells him to sling his hook.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/2670692/Ken-Barlow-sacked-as-Corrie-Santa.html

Hannelene
07-10-2009, 09:54
I have to see this!

tammyy2j
07-10-2009, 10:16
Ken Barlow turns into the Christmas grinch when he’s sacked from his new job as Santa.

In hilarious scenes to be screened in the build-up to Christmas Day, viewers will see Ken being given the push by store bosses for upsetting the children by telling them Christmas isn’t all about expensive gadgets.

Retired teacher Ken (Bill Roache, 77) insists it’s about family values.

He also loudly berates his grandson Simon’s other grandad for splashing too much cash on the boy’s presents.

As Santa’s little helpers run around trying to comfort the screaming children, the shop manager tells Ken: “Get out of my store and don’t set foot in here again.”

He becomes so grumpy, wife Deirdre (Anne Kirkbride, 54) warns him: “If you’re not careful you’ll be spend flaming Christmas without me!”

:lol: i think Ken is jealous of Simon's other grandpa

Hannelene
07-10-2009, 10:23
Knowing Kens ego he probably is!

Perdita
07-10-2009, 10:26
Who is Simon's other grandad? We have never seen Lucy's dad, have we?

Hannelene
07-10-2009, 11:01
Not yet but we will as this is supposed to be Blanche's love interest

Perdita
07-10-2009, 11:31
Oh, of course, I forgot about him coming to the Street :)

LalaGaga
07-10-2009, 12:28
That's going to be fun to watch!

More pictures at:

http://www.rexfeatures.com/search/?kw=coronation+street&search_newest.x=0&search_newest.y=0&search_newest=search_newest&iso=GBR&viah=Y&lkw=&stk=N&sft=&search_oldest.x=-1

Ruffed_lemur
07-10-2009, 18:08
Sounds great!