PDA

View Full Version : Lily Allen - Who'd Have Known

Chris_2k11
04-10-2009, 21:07
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9N99TT9yOY

Who'd Have Known will be the next single taken from Lily's latest album and will be released in November.

Not a good choice imo, why is she ignoring the brilliant Everyone's At It?! :(

Katy
04-10-2009, 22:23
I like Whod have known, reminds me of take that Shine, but i think that your right about everyones at it, thats a great song.

Bryan
13-12-2009, 17:13
At the end of November, fresh from my Beyonce gig, I went to see Lily Allen at the NIA in Birmingham.

Now I wasn’t someone who attached themeslves to Lily Allen when she first came out, I saw her as an iritating new-age myspace teen, a mouthy brat, who’s dad had been on the TV. When she got mouthy against my idol Amy Winehouse, I was definatley team Amy. It wasn’t until Lily’s second albumn ‘It’s Not Me It’s You’ that I stood up and took attention. With ‘The Fear’ and ‘Not Fair’ I realised she is actually damn good at writing catchy pop songs, I brought her albumn and eventually brought her debut albumn ‘Smile’ which I finally fell in love with and appreciated.

When tickets went on sale I snapped them up, knowing I’d enjoy it, but this was back in March, and by November it was a case of Lily who? She’d kept out the headlines, had little sucess with her next few songs, and had kind of fizzled away. Added to this I’d seen the gig of my life (Beyonce’) and I just knew Lily wouldnt compare, so I went to the gig not expecting much, only to be plesaantly suprised.

Lily came out and admitted this was the biggest show she’d even done. Her and her 4 peice band, I thought the NIA might be a bit too big for her, and her voice wouldn’t reach out to everyone. Could she really have the stage prescene of Beyonce and co? It turned out she could, she wasn’t intimiated by the big stage design, the flashing lights and all the razamataz, she went out there and sang her songs, and everyone had a good sing along.

She’s not the best singer in the world, but her songs are good fun, and her personality is what made her stand out from most. She was funny, she was generous, warm and kind. She pulled pints of Guiness out for the crowd from her very own beer bump, had a bit of cheeky banter with the “moody” fans that were sat up top, and even stopped a song when she saw someone was injured (now how many artists do you know that would do that?).

Added to this she is beautiful! And her clothes were amazing, (being the face of Chanel has it’s benefits!) She covered ‘Niave’ by the Kooks and ‘Womanizer’ by Britney, and ended the show with an encore of ‘Not Fair’. It was an enjoyable show and I left them feeling my £25 was well spent. When I go and see Gaga, Rihanna and Pink over the summer, (spending a small fortune in the process) I hope they leave me with the feeling that I’ve paid for a good show. Well done Lily, you did good girl!

tammyy2j
14-12-2009, 14:30
Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVBw89K3SK4