PDA

View Full Version : Bagpuss makes comeback

Perdita
02-10-2009, 05:40
TV favourite Bagpuss is to be dusted off for a long-awaited comeback.
The firm that owns the rights to the much-loved cloth cat yesterday announced plans to make "new content".

Bagpuss first appeared on the BBC in 1974. It was voted the nation's favourite children show in history in 1999 - even though only 13 episodes were ever made.

Now owner Coolabi has struck a rights deal with the show's co-creator Peter Firmin and Dan Postgate.

Dan is the son of the other co-creator and Bagpuss narrator, Oliver Postgate who died last year. Coolabi boss Jeremy Banks said he now hopes to convince the pair to remake the show.

He has hired the team who relaunched Noddy and The Mr Men to play a "leading role".

Jeremy said: "We are going to work closely with the Firmin and Postgate families because they know so much more about what went into Bagpuss than we ever could. "They have embraced the concept of developing new content." Firmin and Postgate's other creations like The Clangers and Ivor The Engine are also part of the deal.

Postgate is backing spin-off shows featuring other Bagpuss characters such as wooden woodpecker Professor Yaffle. But he needs convincing a full comeback would be a good idea. Dan said: "It would have to sell abroad - Bagpuss was very British and I'm not sure it would translate that well into Japanese."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/2664694/TV-favourite-Bagpuss-is-backpuss.html

:cheer: Love Bagpuss :D

Siobhan
02-10-2009, 08:50
I love bagpuss.. I wouldn't even care if they showed all the old ones. they were brilliant!!

Chloe O'brien
02-10-2009, 11:36
I bought Marley a stuffed Bagpuss at last years school fair for 50p. I loved bagpuss all we need is the return of Rentaghost. :rotfl: