PDA

View Full Version : Cougar Town

Lennie
23-09-2009, 21:00
Been looking forward to this ever since i saw the promo which is funny and Courtney Cox Cox is back :D - starting in the US tonight

http://abc.go.com/shows/cougar-town

Can a woman of a certain age be a mom, a successful career woman and still be on the prowl? Jules Cobb (Courteney Cox) is about to give it a try.

In a small Florida town, the center of high society is the Cougars high school football team... which is wildly appropriate since this town is the natural habitat for over-tanned, under-dressed divorcées prowling for younger men. Jules desperately doesn't want to be one of them, but with an ugly divorce behind her and 40 staring right back at her, she's longing for a little more action in her life. The available men her own age, like her silver fox of a neighbor, Grayson Ellis, only seem interested in dating barely legal hotties -- which is awkward considering he's also her teenage son Tad's therapist. Egged on by her very married and very irreverent best friend Elle and her determined assistant Laurie, Jules reluctantly dips her toe back into the dating pool. To her surprise, she hits it off with a nice young guy named Bobby -- emphasis on the young -- and discovers this gal still has the goods.

Co-executive produced by Courteney Cox and Bill Lawrence (Scrubs), Cougar Town is the single-camera comedy that dares to tell the truth about dating after divorce. Juggling a teenage son with her thriving career and budding love life isn't easy, but before you know it, Jules will have you cheering, "Go Cougars!"

The series is from ABC Studios. Bill Lawrence is executive producer/writer/director, Kevin Biegel is writer/co-executive producer, and Courteney Cox and David Arquette are executive producers.

PROMO -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HLhOrQuy9U

angel_eyes87
23-09-2009, 21:34
Looks interesting, cant wait to see it, it seems like a newer version of Sex and the City's Samantha.

I have been wondering if she would get another job since, Dirt was cancelled (I loved that show)

Lennie
24-09-2009, 00:00
Lawrence: 'Cox playing herself on Cougar'
Wednesday, September 23 2009, 22:01 BST

By Tim Parks, Entertainment Reporter

Cougar Town executive producer Bill Lawrence has admitted that Courteney Cox plays an "exaggerated version of herself" on the show.

The 45-year-old Friends star portrays the character of Jules Cobb, a newly-single mother of a 17-year-old son. In real life, husband David Arquette is eight years her junior.

Lawrence called the actress a "fearless comedian" and explained that parts of the role's traits are derived from Cox's own personality.

He told ABC News: "I think Courteney Cox is great at playing the comedy of discomfort. She's a fearless comedian.

"Courteney says what's on her mind. She sometimes doesn't have a filter. She's basically playing an exaggerated version of herself."

Cox recently said that Zac Efron would make "perfect" prey for real-life cougars.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/a178859/lawrence-cox-playing-herself-on-cougar.html
Cougar Town debuts tonight at 9.30pm on ABC.

lizann
24-09-2009, 20:13
It looks good and has a great cast

Anyone over here pick it up yet?

Lennie
24-09-2009, 21:09
Ratings: ABC's 'Modern Family,' 'Cougar Town' open solid
September 24, 2009 | 10:09 am

ABC can exhale now as two of its new Wednesday night comedies -- "Modern Family" and "Cougar Town" -- got off to solid starts in both viewers and key demographics.

"Modern Family," the critically acclaimed sitcom that follows three families in mock documentary fashion, drew 12.7 million viewers and won its 9 p.m. time period with adults 18 to 49, according to preliminary ratings information from Nielsen. "Cougar Town," which stars Courteney Cox as a divorced women on the make, attracted 11.6 million viewers and also won with adults younger than 50. Both shows were no doubt helped by their "Dancing with the Stars" lead-in of 14.9 million viewers. Next week, they won't have that benefit as ABC will be premiering "Hank," it's much reworked Kelsey Grammer sitcom at 8 p.m. and the Patricia Heaton family comedy "The Middle" at 8:30 p.m.

It was another strong night from CBS, which won in viewers and tied ABC in adults 18 to 49. The return of "CSI: New York" did particularly well, averaging almost 15 million viewers. ABC's female-skewing light drama "Eastwick" averaged 9.3 million viewers and finished second behind "CSI: New York" in adults 18 to 49.

At NBC, the medical drama "Mercy" didn't get much from viewers. The show averaged 8.2 million viewers and was fourth in adults 18 to 49. Though that is nothing to crow about, it did do better in its time period than what the network had averaged last season. The Jay Leno see-saw went down last night even with Jay and Vince Vaughn talking a little dirty and exercising with Jack Lalanne.

Fox's "Glee" didn't lose too many members last night. The offbeat drama averaged 6.6 million viewers and kept 94% of its 18 to 49 audience from last week against much tougher competition. Fox won the night in adults 18 to 34 and finished behind ABC and CBS in adults 18 to 49.

At the CW, "The Beautiful Life" keeps getting uglier, averaging just more than 1 million viewers and barely registering with adults 18 to 34.

-- Joe Flint

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2009/09/abcs-modern-family-and-cougar-town-open-solid.html

tammyy2j
27-09-2009, 18:36
It looks good

Hannelene
01-10-2009, 09:59
When does it come over here?

Lennie
04-10-2009, 14:52
Apparently UK Living have picked this show up, so i think next year they are airing it here

lizann
13-10-2009, 14:20
Comedian Rachael Harris has signed on to ABC's Cougar Town, TVGuide.com has confirmed.

Harris (The Hangover, The Jay Leno Show), 41, will play Shanna, a woman that the network describes as being the "nemesis" of Jules (Courteney Cox).

Also joining the show is Alan Ruck (Ferris Bueller's Cameron, Spin City), who will play Frank, the husband of Harris' character, who has a crush on Jules. Ruck will split time between Cougar Town and FlashForward, on which he also appears.

Both castings were first reported by EW. The new characters will first appear in November, and are likely to recur.

ABC just announced a full-season pickup for the Bill Lawrence-produced sitcom.

Perdita
28-10-2009, 06:19
Lisa Kudrow is to guest star on a forthcoming episode of Courteney Cox's comedy series Cougar Town.

The pair co-starred in Friends from 1994 until 2004, playing Monica Geller and Phoebe Buffay respectively. The episode featuring Kudrow will air during November sweeps on ABC, TV Guide reports.

The 46-year-old is to appear as a dermatologist with a vicious demeanour whose services become sought after by Cox's Jules Cobb character.

The actresses previously reunited on Kudrow's online comedy series Web Therapy.

They also attended Feeding America's 'Rock A Little, Feed A Lot' charity concert, where Kudrow performed her Friends character's signature tune 'Smelly Cat'.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a183998/kudrow-to-guest-star-on-cougar-town.html

tammyy2j
01-11-2009, 21:34
Scott Foley is to guest star on a forthcoming episode of Courteney Cox's comedy series Cougar Town.

The 37-year-old is best known for his roles as a college student on Felicity and a secret agent on The Unit. He will appear in three episodes as a businessman and potential love interest for Cox's character, reports Entertainment Weekly.

Foley previously guest starred on numerous episodes of Scrubs, created by Cougar Town producer Bill Lawrence.

Earlier this week, it was announced that Lisa Kudrow will feature on the ABC programme.

Perdita
05-11-2009, 07:14
Cougar Town star Nick Zano has joined The CW's Melrose Place reboot.

The 31-year-old, who recently played Courteney Cox's young love interest Josh on the ABC comedy, will appear as a doctor and new resident on the nighttime drama from January, Entertainment Weekly reports.

Zano revealed that his character befriends the show's nurse and prostitute Lauren (Stephanie Jacobsen).

He said: "He's a person who enjoys life. He lives every day to [its fullest]… I just literally walked out of a meeting with [executive producers] Darren Swimmer and Todd Slavkin. They were very specific about how they're going to change the direction of the show."

He added: "In TV, you usually don't get a chance to fix anything. It's always easier to cancel something than fix it. And The CW clearly has a passion for the show, because it's still on the air.

"And all of these people are making a very concentrated effort to improve the show and I'm happy to be a part of it."

Series stars Ashlee Simpson-Wentz and Colin Egglesfield were recently confirmed to be leaving Melrose Place in January.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a185278/cougar-town-zano-moves-into-melrose.html

Perdita
24-11-2009, 10:38
ABC comedy Cougar Town is to resume filming on November 30.

Production on the series was briefly halted so that star Courteney Cox could attend to a "family matter".

The actress and her family are now doing "fine", reports People. The former Friends star is expected to return to the set following a previously scheduled week-long break for Thanksgiving.

Co-star Busy Phillips addressed the production stop with a recent Twitter post.

"Only down one day," Phillips posted.

She added: "We're back shooting after Thanksgiving. I'll pass along the love to CC."

Cougar Town airs Wednesdays on ABC.

From DS

Perdita
07-01-2010, 07:26
The ABC network has ordered two additional episodes of freshman comedy Cougar Town.

The order brings the show's first season episode count up to 24, reports Entertainment Weekly.

Cougar Town is produced by Scrubs creator Bill Lawrence and stars Courteney Cox as a woman juggling dating, a career and raising her teenage son in Florida.

ABC also recently called for additional episodes of two other freshman comedies, The Middle and Modern Family.

DS

tammyy2j
15-01-2010, 15:48
Beverly D’Angelo to guest star as the white trash mom of Busy Phillips’ Laurie

tammyy2j
06-02-2010, 18:52
Sheryl Crow is taking a rare detour into acting with a major recurring role on Cougar Town.

Sources confirm exclusively that the Grammy winning singer-songwriter is set to appear in multiple episodes of the freshman ABC comedy as Grayson’s (Josh Hopkins) new girlfriend.
No further information was available about her character, although I’m told the 47-year-old will not be playing herself.

Crow, who will debut on CT in March, pretty much gave up acting after starring in the 1999 big-screen disappointment The Minus Man. Most recently, she played herself in last May’s charity-single-spoofing episode of 30 Rock.

lizann
03-03-2010, 16:17
Starts 15th March on RTE 2 Sky Channel 102 Irish TV Channel

lizann
30-03-2010, 19:35
Starts on Living TV at 9pm tonight

Perdita
31-07-2010, 19:57
Jennifer Aniston will reportedly appear on Courteney Cox's comedy show Cougar Town.

According to Entertainment Weekly, the actress is "nearing a deal" to guest star on an early episode of the second season.

Executive producer Bill Lawrence said: "I would love for it to happen, but there’s nothing to talk about yet."

In 2007, the 41-year-old guest starred on Cox's FX drama Dirt, while Lisa Kudrow appeared on an episode of Cougar Town last November.

Aniston recently said that she still holds on to the "funny moments" and "amazing memories" of her time on Friends.

tammyy2j
03-08-2010, 12:12
I think they are changing the name of the show

Perdita
03-08-2010, 14:42
Rex FeaturesCougar Town creator Bill Lawrence has denied claims that Jennifer Aniston has signed up to guest on the show.

Earlier reports had suggested that Aniston was "nearing a deal" to appear opposite her former Friends co-star Courteney Cox.

However, Lawrence told E! Online that there are currently no plans for Aniston to join the show.

"Nothing's happened yet," he said. "I'd kill to get Jennifer on the show, and if I had any inclination it was happening, I would be telling everyone 'cause I don't really give a s**t. I would love it to happen and the second it did I would tell everybody in the world, but nothing's happened."

He continued: "By the nature of Jennifer and Courteney's friendship, they're gonna have to answer questions about that forever and ever... But the reality is Jennifer Aniston I think does anywhere from 70 to 80 movies a year. She works a lot, so it's tough to make that stuff work. But I'd love it to happen."

The new season of Cougar Town will premiere on September 22 on ABC.

Perdita
03-08-2010, 14:43
Cougar Town's executive producer Bill Lawrence has revealed that he has dropped plans for a name change.

Lawrence first announced in May that he was thinking about rebranding the show and later reports claimed that a number of different titles were being considered.

However, Lawrence has now told Entertainment Weekly that he has reluctantly decided to keep the show's current name.

"I'm not changing the title," he said. "We never thought of a good new one, which kind of sucks. And when you look at the modern landscape of television, changing the title means changing your DVR and all this other stuff."

Lawrence admitted that he is still unhappy with the title but suggested that the press surrounding the possible name change will "get the message out" that the show has evolved since the pilot.

"It'll be a funny burden to have," he added. "It might be the worst-titled show of all time."

Cougar Town will return for a new season on September 22 on ABC.

tammyy2j
03-08-2010, 15:00
Cougar Town's executive producer Bill Lawrence has revealed that he has dropped plans for a name change.

Lawrence first announced in May that he was thinking about rebranding the show and later reports claimed that a number of different titles were being considered.

However, Lawrence has now told Entertainment Weekly that he has reluctantly decided to keep the show's current name.

"I'm not changing the title," he said. "We never thought of a good new one, which kind of sucks. And when you look at the modern landscape of television, changing the title means changing your DVR and all this other stuff."

Lawrence admitted that he is still unhappy with the title but suggested that the press surrounding the possible name change will "get the message out" that the show has evolved since the pilot.

"It'll be a funny burden to have," he added. "It might be the worst-titled show of all time."

Cougar Town will return for a new season on September 22 on ABC.

Thats good I like the title

Perdita
11-08-2010, 19:35
Cougar Town exec producer Bill Lawrence has promised that the show's second season will feature a guest appearance by one of the stars of his previous comedy Scrubs.

Lawrence told E! Online that he will remain tightlipped on exactly which Scrubs actor will appear.

"I promise you either Sarah Chalke, Zach Braff, John C. McGinley, Donald Faison or Judy Reyes will be on the show this year," he said.

Lawrence added that he would be not opposed to reuniting McGinley with his former on-screen wife and current Cougar Town star Christa Miller, should the right situation arise.

"I think enough time has past that they're not husband and wife anymore," he said.

The second season of Cougar Town premieres September 22 on ABC.

Siobhan
12-08-2010, 10:08
it must have been hard on Bill Lawrence working on scrubs to see his wife (Christa Miller) doing love scenes with McGinley

tammyy2j
13-08-2010, 12:10
Christa Miller is reportedly hoping for a new relationship on Cougar Town.

Miller’s character Ellie is married to Andy (Ian Gomez) but the actress is said to want more romantic scenes.

Cougar Town creator Bill Lawrence, who is married to Miller, told E: “All my wife does is pitch different fantasy ideas of actors that she can make out with besides Ian Gomez.

“It’s not against Ian Gomez. But in her head she feels a) she’s kissed Ian Gomez and b) she doesn’t get sexy makeout scenes with any other actors.”

He continued: “Literally, there was a meeting at my office with Jeremy Sisto and this is how it went – ‘He’s cute. Maybe we can have a flashback scene that Ellie had sex with him’. I’m like, ‘Maybe not’. There’s no safe way to let your wife have fun.”

Ryan Devlin will rejoin the cast for multiple episodes.

The actor will reprise his role as Smith, a love interest for Laurie (Busy Philipps), in the upcoming second season.

Devlin was previously cast as the lead on new William Shatner sitcom $#*! My Dad Says but was later dropped from the series.

Cougar Town creator Bill Lawrence explained: “We went into this year prepping for Ryan to be on [his new show], so now we’re in the middle of trying to decide what we’re going to do. I enjoy him, so I think I want him to still be in our world. But I don’t know if [Laurie's] going to be [tied down] the whole year.”

Busy Philipps previously admitted to DS that she was unsure how long the relationship between Smith and Laurie will last.

Cougar Town returns for a second season on September 22 on ABC.

Perdita
17-08-2010, 12:55
ABCDan Byrd will reprise his role as Travis in future episodes of Cougar Town.

Travis, the son of Jules (Courteney Cox), left to go to college during the first season of the show.

However, creator Bill Lawrence revealed that he made sure Byrd can return.

"Travis is at TV College, come on!" he said. "TV College is 20 minutes away! We had him going to a local school just so he can walk into any scene without us having to explain it."

Lawrence also hinted that Travis may end up moving home in a later episode.

Cougar Town returns on September 22 on ABC.

Perdita
24-08-2010, 01:39
Jennifer Aniston has officially signed to guest star on ABC comedy Cougar Town.

Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, series creator Bill Lawrence confirmed that Aniston will appear on the show's upcoming second season premiere with star and ex-Friends castmate Courteney Cox.

"She's going to play Courteney's shrink named Bonnie," he said.

Lawrence added: "[She's] kind of a get-too-involved-in-her-life type of therapist. Those guys are so close in real life they kind of do that for each other anyway. Bonnie has the life Jules wishes she has."

The former co-stars were last seen on screen together in Cox's FX series Dirt.

Lawrence added that the two are enjoying working with each other on the show.

"It starts and ends with Courteney and Jennifer being really great friends and excited to work together again - especially doing comedy together," he said.

"Every day that those two talk they have more ideas about [the role]. It's definitely something they're both involved in creatively."

Cougar Town premieres September 22 on ABC.

tammyy2j
06-09-2010, 14:16
Ken Jenkins the actor formerly known as Dr. Kelso has been tapped to play the father of Courteney Cox’s Jules. There are no story details yet and no air date, but obviously, it’ll be among the fall episodes. And it’s probably a safe bet that Pops will pass through Town to weigh in on his little girl’s big romance with her neighbor, Grayson (Josh Hopkins).

*-Rooney-*
04-10-2010, 15:32
has season 2 started in the uk on living yet?

tammyy2j
04-10-2010, 15:39
has season 2 started in the uk on living yet?

No hopefully soon

Katy
04-10-2010, 21:25
my dvd came today! this show is brilliant.

tammyy2j
13-01-2011, 10:27
Cougar Town director Michael McDonald has signed up for a recurring role in the show.

TV Line reports that McDonald, who also starred in programmes such as MADtv and Scrubs, will step in front of the camera to play the manager at a bar.

The show's creator Bill Lawrence described the character as "really pretentious" owner of "a snooty wine bar a block away from Grayson's bar".

Lawrence also praised McDonald, saying: "Mike's just funny, and an amazing director."

Cougar Town, which was recently renewed for a third season, airs on Wednesdays at 9.30/8.30c on ABC.

Perdita
27-10-2011, 11:34
Scrubs stars Zach Braff and Robert Maschio have landed guest spots on ABC's Cougar Town.

The duo will both make cameos in season three, alongside fellow Scrubs alumni Sarah Chalke, Sam Lloyd and Ken Jenkins, reports TV Line.

Details on Braff and Maschio's roles are being kept secret, but it will be an on-screen part for Braff, who previously provided a voice role in season two.

Braff admitted earlier this year that he missed the camaraderie on the set of Scrubs.

Cougar Town returns to ABC in midseason.

Perdita
20-02-2012, 17:36
Courteney Cox's Cougar Town will return to Sky Living on March 9, it has been confirmed.

The Bill Lawrence (Scrubs, Spin City) comedy will feature a number of guest cameos this season, including Scrubs alumni Sarah Chalke, Zach Braff and Robert Maschio.

Ken Jenkins (Scrubs' Dr Kelso), will also return as Jules's father.

Meanwhile, co-exec producer David Arquette has also been confirmed to appear in the season finale as a hotel concierge.

Courteney Cox stars as Jules Cobb in the ensemble comedy, which also features Christa Miller, Ian Gomez, Josh Hopkins, Brian Van Holt and Dan Byrd.

Cougar Town season three premieres on Friday, March 9 at 8.30pm on Sky Living.