PDA

View Full Version : CSI - Season 10 *Spoilers*

lizann
23-09-2009, 12:18
Returns Thursday September 24 2009 in the USA

Sara returns and she is hitched to Gil who doesnt return.

Mrs. Grissom returns to the team from Paris, where her husband is giving some kind of a lecture series.

angel_eyes87
23-09-2009, 12:32
Sounds interesting, glad they got married.

Chloe O'brien
23-09-2009, 23:06
I hope season 10 is better than 9 otherwise it will be getting chopped.

Hannelene
26-09-2009, 17:49
So true Chloe i feel its lacking in something- that something being Grissom

Chloe O'brien
27-09-2009, 00:20
So has anyone DL the new episode yet and does it live up to csi standers?

Hannelene
01-10-2009, 10:26
Sorry no :(

Lennie
02-10-2009, 01:06
The first episode was good, Sara's back :D

tammyy2j
19-10-2009, 15:09
When a severed leg is discovered in the Everglades belonging to a girl who went missing from Las Vegas a week earlier, Horatio Caine (David Caruso) sends for Dr. Ray Langston (Laurence Fishburne).This launches a crossover that begins on "CSI: Miami," moves to "CSI: NY" and finishes up in Las Vegas on "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," making it the first time a "CSI" crossover has involved all three shows in the franchise.

"Everyone stays true to their writing style," "CSI: NY" exec producer Pam Veasey tells ET. "What you fundamentally do is tell a 'CSI' story, which is what we all have in common. Once it gets to your show, you will see each of the show's take a different approach to a story that starts in Miami. We did all get together and talk about what the through-line would be. Obviously, Ray Langston travels through all of the shows. You have to find the consistencies with his character, how he would flow into each story."

Following Miami, Langston rushes to New York when Mac Taylor (Gary Sinise) and his team identify a woman hidden in a big rig as someone Langston interviewed in Miami. Then the woman disappears and Taylor and Langston realize that they have uncovered an interstate trucking ring specializing in human cargo and black-market organ harvesting.

"The story is really a ticking clock story," adds "CSI: NY" executive producer Peter Lenkov. "It is really a hunt for a suspect, but also saving a girl's life. I think we put blinders on to get that done by the end of the episode. This [case] takes priority because it is real triage the way it lands in our lap. We realize soon after that time is of the essence. We elected in that episode to make it our sole focus."

The search finally takes Langston back to Las Vegas, where the investigation leads to a prostitution ring that may be harboring the missing woman.

"They are all great episodes that blend together and lead you to the next," Pam concludes.

The "CSI" crossover begins on "CSI: Miami" on Monday, Nov. 9 at 10 p.m., moves to "CSI: NY" Wednesday, Nov. 11 at 10 p.m., and wraps up on "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" Thursday, Nov. 12 at 9 p.m. all on CBS.

Hannelene
17-01-2010, 15:02
Is anyone watching the latest season on channel 5?

CrazyLea
17-01-2010, 18:25
Yeah. It was quite good on Tues I thought :s Nice to see Sara too :D.

Also when is that crossover meant to happen over here then? Has it been shown in US already :S

angelblue
17-01-2010, 22:14
Hey Is it just me or CSI just does not feel the same anymore it is lacking something and I think that is Grissom he had a big presence and now he has gone it is weird.

:(

Perdita
17-01-2010, 22:37
Grissom is being missed by all

CrazyLea
17-01-2010, 23:12
Yeah deffo not the same without him. I can't see CSI lasting much longer. It's lost it's spunk.

tammyy2j
18-01-2010, 11:40
Grissom is being missed by all

so agree

Chloe O'brien
23-01-2010, 01:00
Yeah CSI is not the same without Grissom. He needs to come back. CSI New York is my favourite of the three now.

Perdita
16-04-2010, 09:56
Bill Irwin is to reprise his role as Nate Haskell aka The Dick and Jane Killer on the two-part season ten finale of CSI.

Entertainment Weekly reports that the character will assist Dr Langston (Laurence Fishburne) in his season-long pursuit of Dr Jekyll.

"Nate knows who Dr Jekyll is, which is kind of interesting since he's been in prison for the last 11 years," notes executive producer Carol Mendelsohn. "The season finale is all about what it will take to get him to give them a name."

The return of Haskell also marks a bridge between the exit of Dr Grissom and the entrance of Dr Langston in the series.

"It was Nate who pushed Grissom out of the lab and put Langston in back in season nine," added Mendelsohn, who also assured that "blood will be spilled" during the season ender "and it will belong to more than one CSI".

Chloe O'brien
16-04-2010, 21:53
Not another CSI death. It could be Nick or Ray that get's hurt as they have been mainly working on the Jekyll story or it could be Catherine she hasn't had a dramatic story for a while.

Perdita
04-11-2010, 12:29
Marg Helgenberger has revealed that she is still planning to leave CSI.

The actress, who plays Catherine Willows, explained that she doesn't expect to work on the show for much longer.

"I'm only actually negotiated for this season," she told Entertainment Weekly. "That's all I'm really thinking about right now, is just finishing up this season. So no, I don't... Not much longer. Not much longer."

However, Helgenberger explained that she is happy with her storylines at the moment.

"I'm getting the opportunity to play different colours this season because I have a boyfriend on the show, played by Alex Carter," she said. "He's been great. I've enjoyed it because it hasn't been like all cerebral stuff. It's been passionate. It's been vulnerable. It's been emotional. It's been taking me to places that I don't get to do on the show. That's kept it fresh. And I enjoy working with him."

CSI continues on Thursdays at 9/8c on CBS.

CrazyLea
04-11-2010, 16:08
Catherine is going to leave aswell? :eek: Too many people gone already :(

tammyy2j
04-11-2010, 17:03
They should make this the last season and maybe bring back Grissom for a few episodes then

Chloe O'brien
04-11-2010, 23:36
I think this may be the last season if any more cast members leave. But I doubt they will be able to tempt Grissom back.

Perdita
17-06-2011, 15:04
CSI episodes specially selected by viewers will be screened on Channel 5 over the coming weeks, it has been announced.

The special run of episodes will mark ten years since the US drama first aired on the channel in 2001.

CSI star Marg Helgenberger (Catherine Willows) said: "I would never have guessed [the show] would have gone [on for] ten years. I would never have guessed it would become a show that would inspire young people to become criminalists."

She continued: "I think a good mystery show will always be in vogue. It's just a matter of how you execute it and this was 21st century Sherlock Holmes."

Helgenberger also admitted that she personally enjoys the "wacky and fun" episodes of CSI.

"Sometimes those are a relief when you're doing some [other] episodes, especially the ones that are based on real cases," she said. "Those are very disturbing."

CSI viewer favourites due to air include the fourth season's 'Butterflied' and season three instalment 'Lady Heather's Box' on Tuesday, June 21. The third run's penultimate episode 'Play With Fire' will air in the next week, followed by 'A Kiss Before Frying' from the show's most recent season.

The seventh season's two-part premiere 'Built To Kill' will air on July 5, with season nine's two-parter '19 Down / One To Go' following on July 12. Gary Dourdan's final episode, 'For Warrick', will also air that night.

The celebratory season will conclude with Quentin Tarantino's directorial effort, the two-part season five finale 'Grave Danger'.

Perdita
04-08-2011, 07:43
Marg Helgenberger has revealed that next season will be her last on CSI.

The actress, who first revealed her intention to leave the CBS procedural drama last year, announced the news during the network's TCA presentation in Los Angeles on Wednesday.

CSI execs will prepare for Helgenberger's departure by writing in the arrival of a new character played by Ted Danson in a manner that causes Helgenberger's Catherine Willows role to be "moved around" in the ranks.

Helgenberger explained: "There is a little resentment, but Ted's character so far is endearing and has a unique way of looking at a crime scene. It's a nice fresh perspective and it kind of gets under everyone's skin a little bit, in a good way.

"I think Catherine is very intrigued by him. I think ultimately Catherine is a team player and they took some liberties last season the way the crime came about or was solved and she was willing to admit it. And this is the fallout."

Helgenberger also insisted that the decision to leave the show was her own, adding that while she will miss the "family" of her crew, she is looking forward to pursuing other projects.

"I've been itching to get back on the stage, but it's been hard. The commitment on this show and then raising a son, who's now 20, a production assistant on CSI! He was nine when I started the show," she said.

"That's one of the cute things about being on this show as long as you've been on. A lot of crew members' children who were all little kids at the time are now working on staff. That's what makes it even more of a family and even harder to leave."

Helgenberger also hinted that she could return to CSI in some capacity in the future.

Perdita
04-08-2011, 12:39
CSI producer Carol Mendelsohn has claimed that the show's 12th season will be "lighter" in tone.

She told reporters at the Television Critics Association press tour that the crime drama will change following the departure of Ray Langston (Laurence Fishburne) and the introduction of new investigator DB Russell (Ted Danson).

"Last season we were chasing a serial killer [but] that arc has come to an end," said Mendelsohn. "With the introduction of our new CSI superior who has his own process, I think you can say it's a lighter season."

Fellow executive producer Don McGill also revealed details of DB Russell's unusual background.

"[He] grew up with counter-culture parents and travelled around with them," explained McGill. "They were folk singers. He wasn't just home-schooled, he was van-schooled."

CSI star Marg Helgenberger recently revealed that the show's eighth season will be her last. The actress is currently expected to appear in the first 12 episodes of the new run.

CSI returns to CBS on Wednesday, September 21.

Perdita
04-08-2011, 19:00
CSI producer Carol Mendelsohn has hinted that William Petersen could still return to the show.

She told TV Line that the actor is frequently asked to reprise his role as Gil Grissom on the CBS drama.

"Every year we go to Billy," she explained. "It's sort of like a pilgrimage [and we] say, 'Will you come back?'. Last year we were successful, and he came back for that one episode."

Mendelsohn added that an appearance from Petersen in the show's upcoming eighth season is not out of the question.

"We talked to Billy a few weeks ago... so you never know," she said. "I mean, [Gil and Sara] are married, and we'd like the audience to be able to see [them together] sometime."

It was recently announced that Ted Danson will join CSI as the show's new lead investigator, replacing Petersen's original replacement Laurence Fishburne.

CSI returns to CBS on Wednesday, September 21.

Perdita
17-01-2012, 17:46
Marg Helgenberger has said that the timing is right for her to leave CSI.

The actress has played stripper-turned-investigator Catherine Willows for nearly 12 years, but will exit the CBS crime drama later this month.

Helgenberger appeared on CBS This Morning today (January 17) and revealed that she wants to pursue new career challenges.

"I felt the need to kind of step back, because I had been playing this character for 11 and a half years, to reassess and regroup and - as scary as that is - I'm also very excited about the great wide open, the future and all the possibilities," the star told hosts Gayle King and Charlie Rose.

Helgenberger also revealed that she is planning to watch her character Catherine Willows's CSI farewell when it airs on Wednesday, January 25.

"I will watch the last episode. Whether I want to see it by myself or with a group of people, I'm not really sure because I know there will be some tears," she said.

CSI airs Wednesdays at 10/9c on CBS.

Chloe O'brien
26-01-2012, 23:12
Any idea when the new series of CSI & CSI New York will be back on channel 5?