PDA

View Full Version : Spice Girls Reunion II ?

Perdita
23-09-2009, 10:10
Geri Halliwell has suggested that the Spice Girls may reform for a second time.

The group released its debut single in 1996 and Halliwell left the band in 1998 before their eventual split in 2001.

They reformed in 2007 for the 'Return Of The Spice Girls' tour which ended in February 2008 and Halliwell was spotted with Emma Bunton, Melanie Chisholm, and Melanie Brown in London last week.

Halliwell told ITV1's This Morning: "Fundamentally we are friends first and foremost. We started out that way, that very strong friendship, and whatever happens afterwards is a bonus.

"We always talk about creative plans and possibilities, definitely. And yes, right now, we are gathering information and thinking about possibilities."

She added: "But when you're evolving a plan you don't share it to the world until it's concrete."

The four women were said to be in touch with fifth member Victoria Beckham on their night out, though Beckham has repeatedly said that she would not return to the world of music.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a178703/geri-halliwell-hints-at-spice-girls-plans.html

Siobhan
23-09-2009, 10:13
oh please no!! enough is enough.. they obviously can't get on so don't even try to start again

sindydoll
23-09-2009, 10:59
who can blame them with all that money they earn! she wouldnt of suggested that if they flopped on their last come back:lol:

Chris_2k11
23-09-2009, 13:42
No thanks, that "Headlines" song they did for the last reunion was absolutely dire.

squillyfer
23-09-2009, 21:24
I actually went to one of the Spice Girls reunion concerts at the 02 last January and loved it but I think they need to end on a high so a second reunion would seem a bit desperate

Perdita
03-10-2009, 06:05
JUST when the SPICE GIRLS outfits were safely tucked away in the loft, it's time to start digging them out again.

MEL B, with the help of her fella STEPHEN BELAFONTE, are masterminding a full-scale comeback.

I say full-scale but one member of the line-up is resisting the invitation.

VICTORIA BECKHAM has made it clear to the girls she won't have the time - or desire - to uproot her family again for more fun and games with her old pals.

But Mel B, MEL C and GERI HALLIWELL are getting together next week regardless, with fellow bandmate EMMA BUNTON. Baby is a little reluctant to commit to going on the road but the others are sure they can talk her round.

A source said: "This time next year at least four of the five girls will be back on stage doing the Spice material again.

"Both the Mels and Geri are the driving force behind making it happen.

"They have agreed to meet up again next week and thrash out their plans for the future of the Spice empire.

"Emma is being cautious but the minute she's with the girls they'll talk her round. When Geri left the first time, she was arguably the band's biggest star.

"If they coped without her, they are confident they can make it work without Posh."

But the popularity stakes have changed since the Nineties. Posh was definitely the star attraction on the 2007 tour.

I revealed a couple of weeks back that Mel and Stephen had discussed a one-off Spice Girls appearance at the World Cup in South Africa next summer.

It sounds like the response has encouraged talks about another big comeback.

I went on tour with the girls to Toronto and Las Vegas.

It was a right old laugh and I reckon there's a bit of mileage in the old Spices yet. But next year is far too soon.

In ten years, the novelty factor will be far better and the cheque fatter.

I'd pay for my nippers to go to see Mel B in her catsuit at 50 when the toned tum is more "lardy Leeds lass".

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2666386/Spice-Girls-plan-reunion-without-Posh.html

Hannelene
03-10-2009, 11:57
They need to stop with these quick get rich reunions!

Music has moved on and other bands are now around. They should be happy with the life they have and settle into the life they now have. Mel B seems to be the only one of the spice girls who seems to have nothing to do with her spare time

sindydoll
03-10-2009, 14:18
me and my daughter missed out on the last tour so i would like the do another

Chloe O'brien
03-10-2009, 22:12
They can't be skint already. No way should they be allowed to reform. We'll pay them not to sing.

Chris_2k11
04-10-2009, 12:02
The only one that really interests me is Mel C.

Hannelene
04-10-2009, 18:37
Me too Chris the only one out of the group who has any real talent.

Perdita
29-10-2009, 05:58
Mel B has exclusively told Mirror.co.uk that the Spice Girls will be getting back together – and they are plotting something as we speak.

When we caught up with Mel last night, she revealed that the girls have been discussing the reunion for a while.

She said: “We are definitely planning something.

“We haven’t decided exactly what yet – but I can say it will be big.”

The 34-year-old, who was speaking at the launch of VitaminWater's new flavour XXX triply berry drink, also blasted rumours of the Spice Girls filming an Andrew Lloyd Webber-style reality TV show.

According to reports, the programme will follow the girls as they search for actresses to play themselves in a Spice Girls musical.

Advertisement - article continues below »

However, she told us the stories are “rubbish”.

Mel said: “A Spice Girls musical programme is completely untrue – someone made some sh**ty money out of that!

“When we all decide what we’re going to do, you will know about it - there will be an announcement. You know what we’re like!”

Mel also told us that she is keen to star in a new reality TV series, having already appeared on Dancing With The Stars in the US and ITV’s 7 Days On The Breadline.

She said: “The next thing I do will be a bit different.

“I have lots of reality shows up in the air, but I can’t talk about it because I haven’t signed anything yet.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/10/28/mel-b-says-spice-girls-are-getting-back-together-but-not-for-reality-show-115875-21780383/

megan999
29-10-2009, 17:38
I used to like the Spice Girls when I was young, but time has moved on, and so has the music world, as someone has already said. Time to get on with whatever "normal lives" you have and leave us to remember the good times, not spoil it with money-grabbing schemes that will back-fire in your face and make everyone laugh at you. :thumbsdow

Hannelene
31-10-2009, 09:47
People have been laughing at them for a little while now- unfortunately as at one stage they were a group to be admired by some people now they are seen as 5 girls cashing in on fame :(

sindydoll
01-11-2009, 12:29
The Spice Girls will reportedly reform to launch the London 2012 Olympic Games.
The move is the brainchild of music mogul Simon Fuller, who was involved in their early career and helped turn the group into one of the most iconic girl bands in British history.
Fuller, 49, told the Sunday Mirror that demand for the Spice Girls remained high. "They stand for so much in British music history and I can't think of a better time for them to get back together for another performance," he said.
The group, made up of Victoria Beckham, Melanie Brown, Emma Bunton, Melanie Chisholm and Geri Halliwell, formed in 1994 and went on to sell more than 65 million records worldwide before splitting in 2000.
A reunion tour last year netted them more than £40 million, with Fuller hinting that a final jaunt could be on the cards. "They will not want to be performing hits like 'Wannabe' in their 40s, but it's amazing how often people talk about another reunion. And I think if they do it, it’s going to be in 2012," he said.