PDA

View Full Version : Victoria Wood Christmas Special

moonstorm
18-09-2009, 08:24
Actress and comedienne Victoria Wood is returning to television at Christmas with a 60-minute special for BBC One.

Victoria Wood's Mid-Life Christmas (working title) features highlights from the mid-life Olympics 2009, the popular costume drama Lark Pies To Cranchesterford and the further adventures of soap star Bo Beaumont played by long-term collaborator Julie Walters.

Victoria said: "The show is a whole night's telly crammed into one hour. Christmas is a stressful time, and by compressing an evening's viewing into 60 minutes, we hope families will have more time for other festive traditions such as arguing with relatives and defrosting turkeys under the hot tap."

This new special has been commissioned by Jay Hunt, Controller of BBC One, and BBC Comedy Commissioning.

Hunt added: "It's a real treat for viewers to have Victoria Wood back on BBC One at Christmas. I am thrilled she will be returning with her unique mix of comedy and entertainment."

Accompanying the series will be an extra 45-minute show including some behind-the-scenes footage and additional unseen material.

Yes folks, it's coming up to that time of year again!!

Abbie
18-09-2009, 12:18
Aw I love her! I will be watching :D