Jade
05-06-2005, 22:39
I'm a bit bored....

1.No one has a washing machine

please add

CC_Rickman
05-06-2005, 22:45
No one swears lol
The club is always full up, yet theres like one bus that comes and one train every blue moon lol (it should be Angies Den again :()
No one really goes to the toilet
No one really looks that rough or has spots
When theres a storyline in a certain place like the chippy or argie bargie theres always another character not involved in that story line around that place, but at other times you dont see them there. Like if say for instance Alfie and Mo wanted to be alone, someone would always be around.
People never really go out of the square, and consider places out of the square up market.
No one works outside the square, you never see someone say I have to be up early for work if they worked outside the area. Which often people do in London.
People in Eastenders arent that well off, yet they always book a taxi which is the most expensive form of transport ever to get around london.

SarahWakefield
05-06-2005, 23:59
they never talk about everyday life or football or what they watched on television and real ppl do!

Treacle
06-06-2005, 00:01
I disagree re: they don't leave the Square, they go away more times than people on any other soap.

squarelady
06-06-2005, 00:02
Chrissie has never eaten anything....I'm really worried!

Treacle
06-06-2005, 00:08
Chrissie has never eaten anything....I'm really worried!
LOL, good one :)

ElectricToes
06-06-2005, 00:09
:lol: Don't worry Lex, I know for a fact she has!

- Kids only exist when it's convient, otherwise they're just forgotten about...

squarelady
06-06-2005, 00:14
:lol: Don't worry Lex, I know for a fact she has!

She doesn't eat yet she has ketchup in her kitchen. Maybe that's what she lives on? :searchme: Maybe she's a cannibal and the only way she'll get away with murder is because she's actually eaten Den? <--- People ordering pub lunch would never have seen that coming! :lol: 'Hmmm, this tastes like chicken'

^^ Sorry, Midnight madness! ^^ :lol:

ElectricToes
06-06-2005, 00:39
:lol: Oh yeah, 'Chrissie, this tastes off!'
'Sorry Pauline, I think Den's starting to rot.'

Chrissie ate during the stake out...she said 'I've got cheese and pickle all down my top'
I know 'cause I know that eppy word for word! [Dennis said 'had me at 17, alcoholic by the time she was 23, I was lucky they got me out, no, there's only one person I blame and I'll do anything to make sure Vicki doesn't end up with a bloke like my dad' :p ]

I know, I know, shut up Paula...

squarelady
06-06-2005, 00:47
:lol: Oh yeah, 'Chrissie, this tastes off!'
'Sorry Pauline, I think Den's starting to rot.'

Chrissie ate during the stake out...she said 'I've got cheese and pickle all down my top'
I know 'cause I know that eppy word for word! [Dennis said 'had me at 17, alcoholic by the time she was 23, I was lucky they got me out, no, there's only one person I blame and I'll do anything to make sure Vicki doesn't end up with a bloke like my dad' :p ]

I know, I know, shut up Paula...

I need clips of this episode!!! Cheese and Pickle - Yummy! So she's had one cheese and pickle role in a year and one month. She'll be alright to have a sprout at Christmas then! :lol:

Treacle
06-06-2005, 00:49
There's a laundrette that even those with a washing machine use.

ElectricToes
06-06-2005, 00:49
:lol: I think she may have had the odd glass of wine too!

Treacle
06-06-2005, 00:52
Maybe she bunged Den in the oven on Gas Mark 6?

squarelady
06-06-2005, 00:52
:lol: I think she may have had the odd glass of wine too!

Odd, she's had eighty....'Maybe I've had a little bit of champagne, maybe I want a little bit more!' <---- Love that quote!

squarelady
06-06-2005, 00:53
Maybe she bunged Den in the oven on Gas Mark 6?

I feel a candle light dinner with Jake coming on! :lol:

Treacle
06-06-2005, 00:54
Maybe she didn't really bury him there and is just pretending she did. Maybe he's actually hung up in her wardrobe?

ElectricToes
06-06-2005, 00:58
Maybe he's under the bed, she can use him to collect her dust for her...

Treacle
06-06-2005, 01:01
Maybe she's skinned him and made an handbag.

Babe14
06-06-2005, 11:17
People vanish into thin air for weeks on end...

Babe14
06-06-2005, 11:19
No one works...

Treacle
06-06-2005, 12:21
No one works...
Sonia works at the hospital.
Parick and Yolande run the Minute Mart.
Chrissie runs the Vic and Sam, Tracey, Little Mo and Rosie Miller all work there.
Mickey Miller runs the bling stall.
Martin Fowler runs the fruit and veg stall.
Zoe runs a clothes stall.
Jane and Ian work in the cafe.
Minty and Garry work in the garage.
Charlie is a cabbie.
Stacey works at the Minute Mart.
Billy works for Johnny along with the Moon brothers.
Alfie runs a bric and brac stall.
Dot and Pauline work at the Laundrette.

Just a few examples :D

Treacle
06-06-2005, 12:21
People vanish into thin air for weeks on end...
More likely to happen in Corrie because they have a bigger cast :)

Trinity
06-06-2005, 12:32
I don't think that they go on holiday as often as normal folks. They never seem to be popping to New York for the weekend or taking the kids to Florida?

The main thing is definitely the lack of current affairs though, but when we saw what happened this Chaz and Camillas wedding perhaps it is understandable!

SoapRach
06-06-2005, 12:37
If someone's having money troubles they will always discuss it in the Vic with a pint in their hand

Bad Wolf
06-06-2005, 12:41
If someone's having money troubles they will always discuss it in the Vic with a pint in their hand

that is very true, same in corrie everyone complains about their lack of cash yet they spend more time in the pub than at home but only phil mitchell had an alcohol problem

also, zoes cat wasnt seen for months and only reappeared when Kat did?

no one has a hair cut now sophisti-kates has closed

who would really but clothes from a tatty maeket stall in real life??? its not exactly topshop is it? they leve near the biggest shopping capital in the uk yet they buy their clothes from a dodgy market stall, which isnt even on portabello road!!!

SoapRach
06-06-2005, 12:47
And when they did have their hair cut it looked exactly the same!

Buying/Selling houses always happens instantly - no one gets solicitors involved in buying a house, same with renting - they just leave when they snap their fingers - never have a tenancy agreement to stick to! - most of them don't even pack their stuff when they leave - and when they do it fits into one bag!

squarelady
06-06-2005, 14:45
Chrissie runs the Vic and Sam, Tracey, Little Mo and Rosie Miller all work there.
Charlie is a cabbie.

I think that told her! :lol:

Treacle
06-06-2005, 15:39
I think that told her! :lol:
Fair enough some of these are true but of course people work lol :)

Carrie Bradshaw
06-06-2005, 16:47
And when they did have their hair cut it looked exactly the same!
Except for Kate!!

ameliauk1
06-06-2005, 21:25
everyones always got time for a brew lol

callummc
06-06-2005, 22:08
Babys go to their cot and stay there without food or drink for months and when they eventually wake up they,ve had a head trasplant

BlackKat
06-06-2005, 22:22
Everybody goes to the cafe for cups of tea despite the fact that they all work walking distance from their houses.

littlemo
06-06-2005, 23:46
Everybody goes to the cafe for cups of tea despite the fact that they all work walking distance from their houses.

A lot of people have cars, but tend to use public transport despite that fact. To be fair though I have been seeing them more lately, Ian's has featured a lot. But I don't know what happened to Sonia's, why does she have to get a bus when she passed her test and should have a car?

Joanne
07-06-2005, 08:11
They all do all their grocery shopping at the Minute Mart. Surely there must be a supermarket nearby they can use which would be loads cheaper.

Babe14
07-06-2005, 09:48
Charlie is a cabbie.

Oh alright :p
What I meant was they seem tobe working one minute and the next spending all day in the Caf or pub or laundrette or infront of the TV or in the park or casuing havoc around the square etc :D

Babe14
07-06-2005, 09:50
More likely to happen in Corrie because they have a bigger cast :)

But it does happen in EE especially when someone is leaving or being axed, they vanish until their "exit" :p and what about Gus?? :p :D :D

squarelady
07-06-2005, 10:30
Oh alright :p
What I meant was they seem tobe working one minute and the next spending all day in the Caf or pub or laundrette or infront of the TV or in the park or casuing havoc around the square etc :D

The only people who really have an excuse for doing that is people who work in the evenings like Jake & Danny.

callummc
07-06-2005, 10:34
Another joke is people drinking in a night club when it's still daylight

Trinity
07-06-2005, 10:36
That is soo true, and the age of some of the people in Scarlett's. They could run a drop in centre for OAPs during the day!

di marco
07-06-2005, 20:28
whats not realistic is the fact they live in london which has tons of nightclubs but always go to the same one

kelly05
07-06-2005, 20:51
They go out and get bladdered, (practically every night!) and you never hear one of them say: " I'll have to go home... I've got work in the morning." And no one ever seems to get a hangover!!!
They have personality transplants...eg Billy/Minty
They never do everyday things.... do the shopping/go to the bank/the postoffice etc.
Whatever happened to Real Walford? And alot of them are mad West Ham supporters, and they never go to see a a match. And West Ham just got promoted.... but there's no celebrating in Walford!!
All the drinking they do in the pub...and no one uses the toilets there.....except if there's a fight!!!

All I can think of at the mo!!!

This is a really good thread.... WELL DONE TO WHOEVER STARTED IT!!! :thumbsup:

Babe14
08-06-2005, 09:18
The only people who really have an excuse for doing that is people who work in the evenings like Jake & Danny.

Jake also works in the club during the day. Sometimes he works there all day and does the night shift as well:) I suppose he prob does shifts then has a couple of days off:)

*cinderella*
08-06-2005, 19:40
When the young adults go for a night out, (by this i mean zoe, mickey, martin, sonia, gus etc) they either go to the vic, which isnt really a place to go out and celebrate with your friends...more like family. Or Scarlett which is okay, but they dont go anywhere different!!

alkalinetrio
08-06-2005, 22:22
come on its realistic;) nah just messing lol and to the person who went "they dont swear" theres a reason to that check the watershed rule things:D
the do shopping but just not to far only at that small shop:d
and b*****ks to west ham poor preston:(

di marco
09-06-2005, 06:14
and to the person who went "they dont swear" theres a reason to that check the watershed rule things:D

well obviously theyre not allowed to swear cos of the time its on but it still makes it unrealistic

hannah-mj
18-06-2005, 20:53
id just like to say that no-one really goes out of the square (e.i. works in different places or whatever) because the show is about peple who work and live in the square! and you might say its unrealistic that everyone works in the square but its not because there are plenty of extra people in the show (extras) that probably work outside the square , but because they dont they are not the main characters :) (i dont make much sense i know , but i understand what i mean lol)

Bryan
19-06-2005, 09:55
does eveyrone in an area go to the pub on a daily basis?

not where i live anyways.... the pub is never a centre point of a community... nowhere is really

but i suppose you need one in a soap to gathe rthe characters and have the best scenes

bondboffin