Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Neighbours 30th Anniversary

Neighbours producer Jason Herbison has revealed that Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan will be involved in a documentary to mark the show's 30th anniversary.

Speculation has been rife over whether the former cast members, who are fondly remembered for their iconic roles as '80s couple Scott and Charlene Robinson, will be playing any part in the celebrations next year.

Scott and Charlene's Wedding in 'Neighbours'
    © Rex Features / FremantleMediaLtd
    Scott and Charlene's Wedding in 'Neighbours'

Herbison told Soap World: "Kylie and Jason are taking part in the 30th celebrations. They are both participating in the 30th anniversary, 90-minute [documentary] special that will be going out on Channel 10 in March.

"It's a celebration of Neighbours past and present, with lots of current and former cast members reflecting on their time in the show and provides viewers with a real insight into Neighbours and why it's been successful and why it continues to be successful."

When asked if Minogue and Donovan's characters will feature in any of the storylines on the main show, he said: "We are keeping that close to our chests!"

Herbison also revealed that there will be some major events as the milestone is celebrated in March, and the storylines will run throughout the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjKZDZlM4S8

He said: "There are a series of major events taking place throughout the month of March.

"An Erinsborough festival takes place which is a cultural event and provides an umbrella to our festivities and a reason for several familiar faces from yesteryear to pass through. Within that, there will be a series of dramatic highlights.

"Thirty years is a huge milestone and we intend to celebrate it throughout the year. We are concentrating some of our big storylines around the March 18 date but we will be continuing to see big events throughout the year."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

badirene (16-12-2014), Dazzle (15-12-2014)

Last edited by Perdita; 15-12-2014 at 17:09.

Quote Originally Posted by gillyH1981 View Post
    Perdita, you didn't have to post that. It's from teh intereivew I posted in a thread on it's own titled 2015 Preview.
    Your thread is titled January 2015 and the anniversary is in March and the anniversary and returnees for it are being discussed in this thread ???
    Last edited by Perdita; 15-12-2014 at 14:50.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (20-12-2014), Mirjam (18-12-2014)

Neighbours star Alan Fletcher has promised that every character will have their own storyline throughout the anniversary episodes next year.

The Australian soap will mark its 30th anniversary in March and a number of former cast members have been confirmed to return for the milestone, including Ian Smith (Harold Bishop), Anne Charleston (Madge Bishop) and Delta Goodrem (Nina Tucker).

Fletcher said to Digital Spy: "Everyone is involved in lots of different levels. The beauty of these episodes is that they run over a period of two weeks so it allows the storyliners and the script writers to come up with mini stories for every character.

"Everybody's stories are interwoven and there is a good mix of comedy and tragedy. For myself, Karl is running around doing silly things but then has to deal with some drama.

"It is exciting for everyone because everyone has a story and of course we have the benefit of having these wonderful performers from the past like Delta Goodrem, Ian Smith and Anne Charleston, so it's very, very exciting."

Fletcher also revealed that viewers will be seeing Karl share scenes with a number of returnees.

"Karl has scenes with Harold and Madge primarily, and also Delta - they were all in my [story] thread," he added. "I didn't have any scenes with Paul Keane, who has been announced to return as Des Clarke, which was interesting - his story doesn't cross with mine.

"It was so wonderful to see Delta Goodrem. She was on the show 12 years ago and just after that she became unwell. Everyone was obviously concerned about her back then so to have her back while she is absolutely blossoming in her career and her health is a blessing and very exciting.

"Her scenes are very cute as well and we had a really good time together."

has explained why he won't be returning to Neighbours for the soap's 30th anniversary celebrations.

The actor and singer has contributed to an upcoming documentary which will look back on the show's 30-year history, but his character Scott Robinson will not be heading back to Ramsay Street for the milestone.

Jason Donovan
    Jason Donovan

Show bosses had hoped that Donovan and Kylie Minogue would be tempted to reprise their roles as iconic couple Scott and Charlene.

Both characters are still being referenced on screen as their son Daniel (Tim Phillipps) is living in Erinsborough.

Appearing on Channel 4's Sunday Brunch, Donovan was asked whether he has been invited back to the show.

He replied: "I have and it's just not something I want to do. I did do the documentary, which is going to look back on the history of the show - which I think is an important thing to do.

"But that was then. It's like a pair of old shoes, really."

Minogue also ruled out a return to Neighbours last year following speculation that she would be making a comeback as Charlene. She said: "It's just not happening. It's just a little rumour that got legs."

A number of cast members will be returning to Neighbours for the anniversary celebrations in March, including Ian Smith (Harold Bishop), Anne Charleston (Madge Bishop) and Delta Goodrem (Nina Tucker).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (11-01-2015)

Neighbours fans can watch a sneak peek of the show's 30th anniversary celebrations in a new video released by Eleven.

The behind-the-scenes video sees comedian and radio host Tommy Little interview a number of the show's cast about what is in store for their characters as the show reaches its latest milestone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rKu7z0_Dpo
    Long-running characters Stefan Dennis, Alan Fletcher, Jackie Woodburne and returnee Ian Smith were among those interviewed, discussing 30 years of success on the soap.

The behind-the-scenes special also offers an insight into the big episodes, hinting that a wedding could be on the cards.

Show bosses are billing 2015 as Neighbours' "biggest year ever" as the soap marks the anniversary in style.

As well as Ian Smith (Harold Bishop), a string of former cast members have been confirmed to return for the anniversary episodes in March including Anne Charleston (Madge Bishop) and Delta Goodrem (Nina Tucker).

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Mirjam (15-01-2015)

Neighbours star Ian Smith has revealed that he was sceptical over his upcoming return storyline, admitting that he didn't see bosses would be able to realistically write Madge Bishop back into the show.

Show chiefs announced in November that Madge will be reappearing for Neighbours' 30th anniversary celebrations alongside former husband Harold, despite the fact that she passed away from pancreatic cancer in 2001.

Ian Smith and Anne Charleston back at Neighbours
    © Fremantle Media

While producers have since kept tight-lipped about how and why Madge will return, some fans initially wondered whether she would be seen as a ghost.

Smith, who plays Harold, told The West Australian: "I tell you what, when they first approached me with the storyline with Madge coming back, I was very dubious.

"I thought, 'Oh God, is this another one of those American arising from the dead [storylines]', and that sort of thing. But when they told me, I applauded it.

"It was so cleverly handled and the idea was actually thought up by Jackie Woodburne, who plays Susan Kennedy."

© Fremantle Media

Smith also admitted that working with Charleston once again was just like old times, saying: "It was just magic. We understood each other, we trusted each other, which is a huge bonus."

Ryan Moloney, who plays Toadie Rebecchi on the Australian soap, recently confirmed that Madge would be a figment of Harold's imagination in the upcoming plot.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (10-02-2015), TaintedLove (16-02-2015)

Neighbours producer Jason Herbison has revealed details of how the show's 30th anniversary will be marked in both the UK and Australia.

The long-running soap reaches its milestone on March 18 and big episodes will air in both countries on that date to help celebrate the occasion.

As previously announced, the anniversary storylines will centre around the inaugural Erinsborough Festival, which brings a number of familiar faces back to the area.

Herbison told fansite The Perfect Blend: "We actually planned the storylines a year in advance and pitched them to our broadcasters, who gave great ideas and feedback.

"As the UK is two weeks behind Australia, we needed a story that would contain peaks a fortnight apart. We came up with the idea of the Festival - it opens on the UK 30th and closes on the Aus 30th - with big, noisy events at either side. These events also provided a natural reason for old faces to pass through."

Show bosses have announced 12 returnees in total, including Ian Smith (Harold Bishop), Anne Charleston (Madge Bishop) and Delta Goodrem (Nina Tucker).

Producers are also planning more treats for long-term fans throughout the year, as more returning characters will head back to Ramsay Street later in 2015.

Herbison explained: "We have a big story planned for Toadie later in the year, which will provide a reason for characters connected to him to return. It's also Ryan Moloney's 20th anniversary this year. Of the characters who return in March, some will definitely make further appearances throughout the year."

He continued: "It's going to be a huge year, kicking off with the 30th events. We've got a wedding, a funeral, a surprise pregnancy... We'll also be bringing in a new regular character who will have quite a big impact on the street. This character has a major connection to one of the sustainers."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Mirjam (11-02-2015)

Neighbours legend Harold Bishop will return to Ramsay Street next month, but it soon becomes clear that all is not as it seems.

As previously announced, Ian Smith reprised his role as the popular character to mark the show's 30th anniversary.

When Lou unveils his big surprise for Toadie Rebecchi and Daniel Robinson, everyone is delighted to see Harold once again.

However, those closest to Harold soon become concerned over his strange behaviour, with Toadie (Ryan Moloney) first to notice that something isn't right.

Harold is cagey with details over his partner Carolyn, curiously carries a photo of Madge in his wallet and later asks Toadie to help revise his will, wanting to leave the lion's share of his estate to the Salvation Army.

It is later revealed that Harold and Carolyn have split up with Harold believing that they are not the soulmates he believed they were after all - reaffirming his belief that Madge was his one true love.

Harold later breaks the news to Daniel, wanting to ensure his grandson's future happiness by going into his own marriage with realistic expectations.

However, as Harold continues to harbour a heartbreaking secret, it soon becomes clear that he secretly fears that Daniel and Amber are not the soulmates that he and Madge were.

Harold arrives back in Ramsay Street.
    © Channel 5
    Harold arrives back in Ramsay Street.

Neighbours airs these scenes on Tuesday, March 3 and Wednesday March 4 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

MasterChef Australia judge Matt Preston is to appear on Neighbours.

The star will fulfil a dream next month when he joins the soap during its 30th anniversary celebrations.

Matt Preston from MasterChef Australia
    © Network Ten
    Matt Preston

"In my first five years in Oz, I did not miss an episode of Neighbours - it was my favourite show," he revealed.

"I came here to write about it for the UK and as such it profoundly changed my life."

Preston will star alongside Colette Mann, Alan Fletcher and Jackie Woodburne while acting as a judge at the Erinsborough bake-off.

"My character Sheila does some serious flirting with Matt which can be quite terrifying for the recipient or should I say victim," laughed Mann.

"I hope I didn't shatter his expectations of Neighbours, Matt was delightful to work with."

Neighbours celebrates turning 30 on March 18.

Thread Information