Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Ronnie Mitchell (Samantha Janus Womack)

EastEnders star Samantha Womack has reportedly been contemplating leaving the soap for two years.

The actress, whose character Ronnie Branning was at the centre of the show's controversial baby swap storyline, has been unhappy for some time but was persuaded to stay by producers, the Daily Star Sunday reports.

A source said: "Sam has been thinking about leaving since 2008. There seemed to be a few teething problems early on and things appeared difficult with one fellow actor. But all that blew over before it all kicked off again over her on-screen daughter Danielle's death in 2009.

"She had a particularly difficult time of it last year when she had to film her on-screen dad's murder as she was coming to terms with losing her dad in real life. She found it all incredibly hard and it really took its toll on her emotionally. But show bosses managed to persuade her to stay, although she still wasn't completely happy.

"Barbara Windsor leaving last year was another blow and she's really missed having her around on set. The baby swap storyline was always going to signal the end of her time on the show but it was up to her how long it would last. It all came to a head last week when she'd decided she'd just had enough."

It was recently confirmed that Womack will leave EastEnders after nearly four years when the current storyline comes to an end.

DS

So when did she decide to leave? Years ago, last November or recently because of the controversy?

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    So when did she decide to leave? Years ago, last November or recently because of the controversy?
    Who knows? We all have an opinion, only one person knows the truth. We all have to make decisions in life that could affect future job prospects but I didn't hear her bleating when the storyline was first announced or see her sudden resignation when the scripts were written. Therefore I can only conclude that she was happy with the storyline and has only come out now saying she didn't agree with it because of all the backlash. Naturally we all have our opinion on this but I firmly believe that if she objected that much to a storyline she wouldn't have filmed it. We all have to do things at work that we don't like but acting is a little bit different, one has to work hard to make something convincing, its not like writing a report. She could have worked with the producers to script something a little less fancyfull and ridiculous, such as a straightforward cot death or a baby kidnap plot or stillbirth.

I really don't have any sympathy for her.
    Thanks CrazyLea

EastEnders star Samantha Womack has reportedly been contemplating leaving the soap for two years.

The actress, whose character Ronnie Branning was at the centre of the show's controversial baby swap storyline, has been unhappy for some time but was persuaded to stay by producers, the Daily Star Sunday reports.

A source said: "Sam has been thinking about leaving since 2008. There seemed to be a few teething problems early on and things appeared difficult with one fellow actor. But all that blew over before it all kicked off again over her on-screen daughter Danielle's death in 2009.

"She had a particularly difficult time of it last year when she had to film her on-screen dad's murder as she was coming to terms with losing her dad in real life. She found it all incredibly hard and it really took its toll on her emotionally. But show bosses managed to persuade her to stay, although she still wasn't completely happy.

"Barbara Windsor leaving last year was another blow and she's really missed having her around on set. The baby swap storyline was always going to signal the end of her time on the show but it was up to her how long it would last. It all came to a head last week when she'd decided she'd just had enough."

It was recently confirmed that Womack will leave EastEnders after nearly four years when the current storyline comes to an end.

DS

I wonder was it Steve

Steve??

Steve??
    McFadden aka Beetroot Man?
    Thanks CrazyLea

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

Perdita (10-01-2011)

I wonder if instead of so many people criticising this appalling storyline there had been widespread praise and awards for it would Mrs Womack have been so keen to leave Deadenders. I suspect she would have basked in the glory. Anyway she didnt seem too upset when filming it did she

EASTENDERS star Samantha Womack last night blasted rumours she's close to collapse - saying: "I'm NOT having a breakdown."
    The star - who we revealed quit the BBC soap over the controversial baby swap storyline - smiled as she joked with photographers outside her North London home.

Sam, 38, said: "Please don't make me look like I'm having a nervous breakdown."

Later she told a pal that she was "absolutely fine... just knackered".

Show chiefs now plan for Sam's character Ronnie Branning to hand back Kat Moon's child.

She will do so on the day of the funeral for her cot-death baby.

I guess we don't really know and perhaps people should stop criticising Samantha Womack unless they are absolutely certain of the truth.

so the storyline is cut very short.. the funeral is next week isn't it???
    Super Mod

Sharon Marshall said on This Morning that it is not over with the funeral, it will be Easter time

Thread Information